- BBC: 80 % of economy is service sector. Out of 5 known post-brexit EU trade models, Norway and Switzerland models are largely similar to present (free movement and contribution to EU budget required); others (Canada, Turkey) do not cover services. Singapore and Hong Kong models have no tariffs and probably too open for UK (and perhaps not sufficient for financial services)
- Brussels rejects Boris Johnson 'pipe dream' over single market access , The Guardian, June 27, 2016
More on Boris Johnson Brexit 'pipe dream'. Pound was around 1.47 to dollar before the Brexit; 1.21 on October 11, 2016, an 18 % drop. (Bigger drop than several months after the US 9/11 )
- BBC fact checker shows that claims were exaggerated or taken back.
- Europejskie superpaństwo: 'A strong Europe in the world of uncertainties', by Jean-Marc Ayrault and Frank-Walter Steinmeier, published by tvp.info, 27. 06. 2016
- page number 4 appears twice.
After Brexit referendum
- Thousands at 'March for Europe' Brexit protest, BBC, July 2, 2016
- With well conducted brief video interview with organizer Keiran MacDermott on top
- UK voted for Brexit – but is there a way back? , THe Guardian, 29 June, 2016
- Few UK politicians – fearful of challenging the verdict of an already angry electorate – will articulate such an argument [for second referendum] in public. But Jeremy Hunt, the health secretary, has boldly made the case for a second referendum or another general election on the negotiated terms of exit. Robin Butler, the former head of the civil service, has suggested the same.
- Parliament Early day motion 243, "Referendum On Agreeing The Terms Of The UK-EU Exit Package Or On The UK Remaining In The EU". At present, 5 MP supported; may or may not be debated.
- Petition 'EU Referendum Rules triggering a 2nd EU Referendum', 4,100,590 signatures as of July 2, 2016.
- The UK Government responded (along the predictable lines) and deferred decision on debate.
(Parliament vote made to happen by judiciary, with no changes as a result; Brexit formally initiated...)
'Theresa May seeks general election' -BBC, Apr. 18, 2017.
- Iraq inquiry documents, published 6 July 2016.
- Blair response, on embedded video in "Tony Blair says world is better as a result of Iraq War", BBC, 7 July 2016, and full response
"Litvinenko expert took his own life" - The Times, November 25 2016
- Was the Soviet James Bond Vladimir Putin's role model? -The British Broadcasting Corporation News, 10 May 2017.
Pages in category "UK"
The following 2 pages are in this category, out of 2 total.