- BBC: 80 % of economy is service sector. Out of 5 known post-brexit EU trade models, Norway and Switzerland models are largely similar to present (free movement and contribution to EU budget required); others (Canada, Turkey) do not cover services. Singapore and Hong Kong models have no tariffs and probably too open for UK (and perhaps not sufficient for financial services)
- Brussels rejects Boris Johnson 'pipe dream' over single market access , The Guardian, June 27, 2016
More on Boris Johnson Brexit 'pipe dream'. Pound was around 1.47 to dollar before the Brexit; 1.21 on October 11, 2016, an 18 % drop. (Bigger drop than several months after the US 9/11 )
- BBC fact checker shows that claims were exaggerated or taken back.
- Europejskie superpaństwo: 'A strong Europe in the world of uncertainties', by Jean-Marc Ayrault and Frank-Walter Steinmeier, published by tvp.info, 27. 06. 2016
- page number 4 appears twice.
After Brexit referendum
- Thousands at 'March for Europe' Brexit protest, BBC, July 2, 2016
- With well conducted brief video interview with organizer Keiran MacDermott on top
- UK voted for Brexit – but is there a way back? , THe Guardian, 29 June, 2016
- Few UK politicians – fearful of challenging the verdict of an already angry electorate – will articulate such an argument [for second referendum] in public. But Jeremy Hunt, the health secretary, has boldly made the case for a second referendum or another general election on the negotiated terms of exit. Robin Butler, the former head of the civil service, has suggested the same.
- Parliament Early day motion 243, "Referendum On Agreeing The Terms Of The UK-EU Exit Package Or On The UK Remaining In The EU". At present, 5 MP supported; may or may not be debated.
- Petition 'EU Referendum Rules triggering a 2nd EU Referendum', 4,100,590 signatures as of July 2, 2016.
- The UK Government responded (along the predictable lines) and deferred decision on debate.
(Parliament vote made to happen by judiciary, with no changes as a result; Brexit formally initiated...)
'Theresa May seeks general election' -BBC, Apr. 18, 2017.
- Brexit full legal advice on legal effects on Ireland/Northern Ireland is published - BBC, full document , December 5, 2018
- Brexit: Amber Rudd says Plan B options plausible -BBC, December 8, 2018
- Iraq inquiry documents, published 6 July 2016.
- Blair response, on embedded video in "Tony Blair says world is better as a result of Iraq War", BBC, 7 July 2016, and full response
"Litvinenko expert took his own life" - The Times, November 25 2016
- End the UK’s Role as a “Safe Haven for Corrupt Wealth” -Transparency.org, 14 March, 2018
- Transparency International has identified £4.4 billion worth of UK properties bought with suspicious wealth and more than a fifth of these properties were purchased by Russian individuals. Meanwhile, a quarter of all Tier 1 investment visas granted by the UK between 2008 and 2015, a period in which almost no checks were carried out on source of wealth, were to Russians. This amounts to a minimum of £729 million invested by Russians at a time when there was little scrutiny over where this money came from. We are calling on the Government to urgently bring in legislation that would require overseas companies who buy UK property to reveal who their real owners are and use the new Unexplained Wealth Orders to better investigate the UK assets of corrupt individuals.
- Transparency report (PDF) Russian Corruption and the UK. Transparency International UK’s submission of written evidence to the Foreign Affairs Committee
- The UK is a top destination for money laundering. The National Crime Agency (NCA) estimates that the level of illicit financial flows through the UK is well in excess of 90 billion GBP per year (4.6 % of the GDP in 2016, 2.619 trln USD; compare with 1.8 annual GDP growth). These large sums that come into the UK are often linked to Russian nationals, including associates of Putin. Whilst clearly not all wealthy Russians in the UK have grown rich by corruption, over the last decade or so, kleptrocrats from Russia have continued to launder unfathomably large sums through the UK – money that has likely been plundered from state coffers and solicited in bribes.
Curious sort of situation. Pre-Skripal, worked for all fat cats, -inflow of money lifting economy, property prices, while Russian fats getting a perceived safe-haven from Putin. After Skripal, suddenly stopped working--but not because an actual cat was killed. But that reversal is going some way towards helping Putin-who does not want rebels moneys flowing out? Related, Abramovich is out of investor visa renewal, got Israeli passport (allowing UK visits in particular), and suspended stadium rebuilding in London, to the tune of 1 bln pounds. Kind of mixed feelings. Probably, that wealth will not go into something good (as an alternative to something pointless, like billions for kicking a ball); it will just kind of evaporate, as modern moneys are unreal. --Resup (talk) 07:59, 8 June 2018 (UTC)
'Fusion Doctrine' & 'Contest' Counter Terrorist strategy
- Sajid Javid unveils plans for MI5 to share information on 20,000 terror suspects with teachers, social workers and councils as he reveals 25 Islamist-linked plots have been foiled in past five years Daily Mail June 4, 2018
- Was the Soviet James Bond Vladimir Putin's role model? -The British Broadcasting Corporation News, 10 May 2017.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Poisoning of Sergei Skripal (6 P, 53 F)
Pages in category "UK"
The following 5 pages are in this category, out of 5 total.
Media in category "UK"
The following 20 files are in this category, out of 20 total.
- 20171023-Call for papers Deception Final.pdf 0 × 0; 188 KB
- Allegedly British in Niklaev.jpg 960 × 605; 202 KB
- Anglo-Persian Oil Co.jpeg 760 × 548; 151 KB
- Anglo-Russian war of 2018.jpg 960 × 872; 90 KB
- Anti-Semites lurking in Corbyn.jpg 1,200 × 1,600; 366 KB
- Bellingcat banned on YouTube.jpg 1,792 × 1,150; 120 KB
- Brave and bold seizure.jpg 960 × 960; 231 KB
- Hit Syria without a vote.jpg 1,024 × 856; 158 KB
- Journalism in Britain.jpg 960 × 720; 106 KB
- LIFG connections.jpg 708 × 720; 40 KB
- Maguire-cartoon.jpg 615 × 409; 28 KB
- McMahon Hussein Letter 25 October 1915.jpg 507 × 1,996; 251 KB
- Mesdar-9452672-crude oil tanker.jpg 2,651 × 1,335; 1.97 MB
- Nuclear House Hunting.jpg 800 × 1,280; 149 KB
- Paul Klebnikov on Boris Berezovsky.jpg 1,066 × 852; 151 KB
- Project FULSOME renewal.jpg 791 × 1,024; 101 KB
- STENA IMPERO.jpg 800 × 533; 47 KB
- The Sunday Times Russia Corbyn 29 April 2018.jpg 976 × 1,264; 299 KB
- Times Apologists for Assad front page 14 April 2018.jpg 942 × 1,200; 345 KB
- ZINC - Resource Project Team Organogram.png 1,416 × 1,280; 594 KB