James Le Mesurier
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also White Helmets
- Moscow Urges London to Clarify Whether Founder of 'White Helmets' Had Links to Al-Qaeda - Sputnik, November 8, 2019
- Key Syrian White Helmets backer (James Le Mesurier) found dead in Istanbul: Diplomat - Hürriyet, November 11, 2019
- James Le Mesurier: White Helmets backer found dead near his home in Istanbul - The Independent, November 11, 2019
- After His Mysterious Death, the Media Scrambles to Get its Story Straight About White Helmets Founder James Le Mesurier - Vanessa Beeley. Mint Press, December 2, 2019
- New footage, new questions over former British officer Le Mesurier's death - Daily Sabah, December 11, 2019
- Narrative Managers Claim White Helmets Founder Was Driven To Suicide By Syria Skeptics - Caitlin Johnstone, December 29, 2019
- Founder of Foundation behind White Helmets Admits Fraud - deVolkskrant, July 17, 2020
- White Helmets co-founder stole aid money destined for Syria – report - RT, July 17, 2020
- Days before he plunged from a window in Istanbul to his death last year, White Helmets co-founder and British mercenary James Le Mesurier admitted to defrauding Mayday Rescue, an organization that fundraised for the anti-government rescue group in Syria.
- According to documents seen by Dutch newspaper De Volkskrant, Le Mesurier told an accountant sent to audit the charity’s books that he forged receipts for $50,000, pretending that it was sent to finance an evacuation operation in Syria. Instead, the money was paid to Le Mesurier himself. In addition to paying himself a salary of €24,000 ($27,414) per month, Le Mesurier dipped into company cash to finance a lavish wedding in Istanbul in 2018, and to issue loans to his new wife, former diplomat Emma Winberg, the report claims.
- White Helmets founder Le Mesurier is now a mainstream saint, but leaked docs raise questions about his widow's role - Kit Klarenberg, RT, December 8, 2020
- White Helmets corruption scandal deepens: Dutch gov’t investigated parent org for fraud, but covered it up - Ben Norton, The Grayzone, May 7, 2021
- James Le Mesurier: a reconstruction of his business activities and covert role - Paul McKeigue, Jake Mason, Piers Robinson, David Miller, Working Group on Syria, Propaganda and Media, December 16, 2019