Refugee riots 2015
Along with the "Refugee Crisis" of August 2015 Europe has seen a number of violent refugee riots. There has been little news about these in the Western media, but videos are circulation online. It is difficult to see what the refugees are protesting about. In some ways this seems to be similar to the events of February 2011 in Libya. One difference though, Merkel did not "bomb his own people", at least she was not accused of it. Some videos below. -- Petri Krohn (talk) 09:18, 7 September 2015 (UTC)
Attack in France, 13 November 2015
- BBC "What we know so far" ; "...Many arrested"
- French Security Left Blind During Paris Attacks, Paul Craig Roberts, 15.11.15.
(Also: The Matrix Extends Its Reach, ibid)--Resup (talk) 11:56, 16 November 2015 (UTC)
...a report from European security that there was a massive cyber attack on French systems 48 hours prior to and during the Paris attacks. Among other things, the attack took down the French mobile data network and blinded police surveillance The attack was not a straightforward DDOS attack but a sophisticated attack that targeted a weakness in infrastructure hardware.
- Hollande addresses Parliament . To meet Obama and Putin, aircraft carrier to set sail, more airstrikes in Syria- BBC, report and video + another article with speech details.
- Man 'held in Serbia with same passport as bomber' -from BBC feed .
Serbian police have detained a migrant with a Syrian passport bearing the same details as one found on one of the bombers, according to the Serbian newspaper Blic. "A document with the same name and same data, but with the photograph of another man, was found on Saturday on another migrant in the [reception] centre in Presevo and that person was held for questioning," the paper reported, without giving a source. "It is believed that these two men were not linked. However, the case will be examined because it is certain that both of them have bought fake Syrian passports at different times from the same counterfeiter in Turkey."
- Hollande makes unusual appeal to EU collective defence article
The French president announced that France will invoke the European mutual defense clause. Rather than article 222 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union, which requires assistance when a member state is "the object of a terrorist attack", France chose to trigger article 42.7 of the Treaty on European Union. This article states that "if a member state is the victim of armed aggression on its territory, the other member states shall have towards it an obligation of aid and assistance by all the means in their power."
- Interview of Yakov Kedmi, ex-head of Israeli 'Nativ' agency, comparing terrorist acts in Paris and earlier elsewhere in the world, and pointing out double standards, 15.11.2015 video (Russian), translation.
French aircraft carrier Charles de Gaulle to begin operations on Nov. 23rd. Contacts with Russian forces established; at this time cooperation is limited to safety of navigation. Close contact with the US forces including intelligence and operations, according to TASS . France 24, quoting Chief of the Defence Staff General Pierre de Villiers :
... De Villiers said he had spoken to his Russian counterpart by phone to discuss their countries’ ships with regard to Syria and that France had not “at this stage any coordination of strikes or identification of targets in consultation with the Russians, even if we have the same enemy in Daesh”.
- Mali hotel attack: As it happened: BBC. At least 21 killed, including 6 Russians, employed by a Russian airline company. It is believed that Islamists are behind.
- Raddison is a US hotel chain
- Mali is linked to French interests (ex French colony, also French intervention of 2013,...)
- Uranium, gold mining. ( Some earlier issues).
- Russian article discussing French connection (russ). --Resup (talk) 17:40, 21 November 2015 (UTC)
French coalition efforts
Fabius: In order to fight IS, "there must be two measures: bombings... and ground troops who cannot be ours, but who should be of the (opposition) Free Syrian Army, Sunni Arab forces, and why not regime forces too," Fabius said in an interview with RTL radio. Fabius later clarified his comments, telling AFP he meant that Syrian government troops could take part in the fight against IS "within the context of a political transition -- and only in this context". Despite the attempt to modify his comments, they were seized upon by the Syrian government. Syrian Foreign Minister Walid Muallem seized on Fabius' proposal, saying it was "better late than never". News-Yahoo, 27.11.2015
- Lavrov may seized on that as well, http://www.mid.ru/foreign_policy/news/-/asset_publisher/cKNonkJE02Bw/content/id/1955263 press conference with Syrian FM Muallem], 27.11.2015 --Resup (talk) 21:23, 27 November 2015 (UTC)
- French aircraft carrier to move to Gulf 'in a few days': Hollande, Dec 4, 2015 (i.e apparently from Syria operations to Iraq operations)--Resup (talk) 23:23, 4 December 2015 (UTC)
The aircraft carrier at the heart of France's campaign of air strikes on Islamic State jihadists will move from the Mediterranean to the Gulf "in a few days", President Francois Hollande told its crew during a visit Friday. "In a few days, you will go into a new zone, taking over command responsibilities from our allies in the coalition," Hollande said
Attack in Belgium, 22 March 2016
- Brussels Airport and metro attack, March 22, 2016. Three explosions, according to this report as it stands. Came shortly after Salah Abdeslam arrest (18 March, 2016)--Resup (talk) 09:44, 22 March 2016 (UTC)
- Main updates (TASS), updates (BBC)photo/video (TASS).
- The Turkish presidency has identified the Brussels attacker deported by Turkey last July as Brahim El Bakraoui, who blew himself up at Zaventem Airport. It follows Turkish President Erdogan's assertion that Turkey had deported one of the Brussels attackers and warned the Belgian authorities he was a militant. Mr Erdogan said the man was detained at Turkey's border with Syria at Gaziantep The Turkish presidency said El Bakraoui was later released by the Belgian authorities because they had found "no links with terrorism".
- But Belgium denies the assertion (TASS-Rus.) --was deported to Netherlands instead (in July, 2015) TASS. Prior to that, in 2010, he was sentenced for 10 years in prison for banditism, shooting at a policeman in Belgium, but was released for good behavior in 2014. He left to Syria to fight on the side of islamists.
Najim Laachraoui was identified as second airport bomber (in some reports--reports appear to be conflicting).
Haaretz: Belgian security services, as well as other Western intelligence agencies, had advance and precise intelligence warnings regarding the terrorist attacks in Belgium (but no solid details provided in the report).--Resup (talk) 18:12, 23 March 2016 (UTC)
- Islamische Flüchtlinge randalieren brutal in Paris (Islamic refugees rampage brutally in Paris) - August 30th, 2015
- Boris Johnson: "no need to invoke article 50" (embedded video). --Resup (talk) 20:08, 24 June 2016 (UTC)
According to TASS quoting Cameron representative, the time of triggering article 50 is the sovereign decision by UK. It is also stated that a second referendum is ruled out (while he is still around, at least) --Resup (talk) 14:03, 27 June 2016 (UTC)
- George Osborne "Only the UK can trigger article 50", further discussed by BBC. --Resup (talk) 16:44, 27 June 2016 (UTC)
- There is no legal limit on how long the UK can wait before it invokes the article. The article states that the exit negotiations would take up to two years but can be extended if all the EU countries agree unanimously that they need more time.
Banksy’s Dismaland is now a refugee shelter in Calais--Resup (talk) 00:05, 17 October 2015 (UTC)