Ukrainian Orthodox Church
- There are three Christian Orthodox churches in Ukraine: the one of Moscow patriarchate-the only one officially recognized by the worldwide Christian Orthodox community; of Kiev patriarchate (recently promised autocephaly by patriarch of Constantinople, who sent his Western-based envoys to Kiev; his announcement led to schism with Moscow patriarchate); there is also the so-called Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church, the smallest of the three.
- Presently, out of 250 mln. Christian Orthodox Church followers, 150 mln. (60 %) belong to the Russian Orthodox Church (=Moscow Patriarchate).
- For recent developments, see also: Ukrainian orthodox churches of Kiev/Moscow patriarchates
- Inspiring and confusing - Ukraine's churches - The Economist, February 21, 2014
- Ukrainian Orthodox Churches Face Own Crisis - Jamie Dettmer, Voice of America, March 25, 2014
- Ukrainian Church Faces Obscure Pro-Russia Revolt in Its Own Ranks - Andrew Higgins, The New York Times, June 21, 2014
- OFFICIAL HISTORY OF THE DEFROCKING AND ANATHEMATIZATION OF PHILARET DENISENKO, Documents of the June 1992, 1994, and 1997 Bishops’ Councils of the Russian Orthodox Church
- MORE SKELETONS IN PHILARET’S CLOSET, Vasily Anisimov, July 18, 2015, translated to English October 29, 2018, about the events twenty years earlier around the "Black Tuesday" putsch attempt against Kuchma, the mysterious death of the UOC-KP "Patriarch" Romaniuk (including investigation documents) and the rise to power of his deputy Philaret.
- Schism of Orthodoxy in Ukraine deepens as Constantinople greenlights independent church - RT, October 11, 2018
- Announcement (11/10/2018) - Ecumenical Patriarchate, October 11, 2018
- CONFIRMED: ECUMENICAL PATRIARCHATE REMOVES ANATHEMAS, ENTERS INTO COMMUNION WITH SCHISMATICS (+VIDEO) - Orthodox Christianity, October 11, 2018
- Заявление Священного Синода Русской Православной Церкви в связи с посягательством Константинопольского Патриархата на каноническую территорию Русской Церкви(Statement of the Holy Synod of the Russian Orthodox Church in connection with the encroachment of the Patriarchate of Constantinople on the canonical territory of the Russian Church) - Moscow Patriarchate, October 15, 2018
- Kiev ‘Patriarch’ prepares to seize Moscow properties in Ukraine - Seraphim Hanisch, The Duran, October 20, 2018
- Non-canonical church leaders Filaret and Makarii either were prevented from new autocephalous Ukrainian church leadership contest, or gave up on it themselves:
- Filaret and Macarius renounced the leadership of the autocephalous church -Vesti-Ukraina, November 10, 2018
- ..while Filaret asked for special privileges, and for his protege to lead the new church...
- Metropolitan Hilarion: Filaret became a victim of Poroshenko -Vesti, November 10, 2018
- ...Illaraion: Unification congress of autocephalous Ukrainian church is expected or set on November 21/22 ...
- Священный Синод Русской Православной Церкви признал невозможным дальнейшее пребывание в евхаристическом общении с Константинопольским Патриархатом (The Holy Synod of the Russian Orthodox Church decided that it is impossible to continue in eucharistic communion with the Patriarchate of Constantinople) -Moscow Patriarchate, October 15, 2018
- “From now on, and until the Patriarchate of Constantinople revokes its anti-canonical decisions, it is impossible for all clergymen of the Russian Orthodox Church to co-serve (together) with the clergy of the Constantinople Church, and for the laity to participate in the sacraments performed in its churches
- Biggest split in modern Orthodox history: Russian Orthodox Church breaks ties with Constantinople - RT, October 15, 2018
- Russian Orthodox Church recognizes Patriarch Bartholomew as schismatic - TASS, October 20, 2018
- Обращение Священного Синода УПЦ к архипастырям, пастырям, монашествующим и верующим от 17 декабря (Appeal of the Holy Synod of the UOC-MP to archpastors, pastors, monastics and believers of December 17; Robo-Eng), December 17, 2018
- Birth of a new Ukrainian church brings fears of violence - Yuras Karmanau, AP, October 21, 2018
- Making Sense of Autocephaly in the Ukrainian Church - Religious Information Service of Ukraine, September 12,2018
- An Appeal to the U.S. Government - Bishops’ Synod of the Ukrainian orthodox Greek Catholic Church, February 9, 2014 (.doc)
- The paradox is that the most powerful ideological force behind the current globalization efforts in Ukraine is the treacherous Church hierarchy, namely the Head of the UGCC S. Shevchuk and the Head of the UOC KP Filaret, along with the leaders of the so-called Council of Churches. Shevchuk and Filaret have made several visits to Brussels. They present themselves as representatives of the nation without the authorization of the legitimate government. Moreover, these days Shevchuk and Filaret hold talks with representatives of the U.S. government in Washington, asking them for “active intervention” even at the cost of bloodshed. The aim is occupation of Ukraine by active leaders and recruited Masons, who hypocritically call themselves “the nation”.
- What moved Patriarch Bartholomew to lay to ruin Ukrainian Orthodoxy? - Kirill Alexandrov, Orthodox Christianity, September 23, 2018
- ORTHODOXY IN CRISIS: “Do Not Be Afraid Of Isolation” - Joaquin Flores, Fort Russ, September 27, 2018
- The Abomination of Desolation Standing in the Holy Place - The Saker, Unz Review, September 28, 2018
- The war around “Ukrainian autocephaly” as viewed by an American - James George Jatras, September 28, 2018
- President of Ukraine Bribed Istanbul Patriarch to Back False Church in Ukraine - Russia's #1 Anchor - Dmitry Kiselyov, Russian Faith via Russia Insider, October 8, 2018
- 11 October 2018. Bart Goes For All or Nothing… the Centre Breaks Communion with the Phanar, Varvara, October 11, 2018
- MANY THOUSANDS WILL DIE – The Coming Schism In Orthodoxy: “Repent, And Stop This Insanity” - Metropolitan Jonah, Fort Russ, October 14, 2018
- Why the Patriarch of Constantinople Is Tearing the Orthodox Christian World in Half, Rotislav Ischenko, Ukraina.ru translated by Ollie Richardson & Angelina Siard, October 15, 2018
- EXPERTS ON THE CONSTANTINOPLE PATRIARCHATE’S SCANDALOUS DECISIONS. orthochristian.com, October 15, 2018
- The Empire Splits the Orthodox World – Possible Consequences - The Saker, Unz Review, October 19, 2018
- The Rise of Ukraine’s Ultra-Nationalist Christian Church - George Eliason, Mint Press, October 25, 2018 (original)
October 2018. War-in-Donbass-set film Донецкая Вратарница ([Mother/Ms.] Donetsk Gatekeeper; Вратарница -Panagia Portaitissa- is also a particular icon, in one of the two versions) won the grand-prix at St Vladimir film festival in Sevastopol (trailer)(director VK page), (ANNA News coverage). According to the director, the film presently is not available (for free or otherwise) for online viewing, and is shown on film festivals and via invited private viewings.