Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 26 August, 2014. Semchenko announced that Ukrainian troops are surrounded under Ilovaisk. That was denied by Ukrainian Council of National Security, which claimed instead that regular Russian troops crossed the border in the south of Donetsk region near Novoazaovsk and are tryig to create the second front (no evidence of regular Russian troops was provided)
- 28 August, 2014. Decision to make a breakthrough attempt was made by UAF commanders
- 29 August, 2014. Opolchenie supported Putin's call to create humanitarian corridor for Ukrainian military, and guaranteed safety on the condition that Ukrainian soldiers withdraw without weapons. However UAF did not lay down weapons, made breathrough attempts
- 27 August-4 September. Reports of small Ukrainian groups breakthrough attempts
108-2000 UAF killed.
- Opolchenie supported Putin's call to create humanitarian corridor for Ukrainian military, RIA 29 August, 2014
- We support the initiative of Russian President Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin to establish a humanitarian corridor to withdraw surrounded armed forces of Ukraine. We are ready to ensure Ukrainian troops safety of exit from cauldron under one condition - they have to leave through the established corridor without weapons
- Commander of Azov battalion Biletskii (speaking in Russian) video, published 29 August, 2014, by Azov battalion media .
- Talks about Ukrainian troops getting into mousetrap, blames Ukrainian commanders for under-estimating opponent. This is a mechanized infantry warfare, from both sides, where main tactics are maneuver and surrounding. No reason to think they would behave as foolishly as ourselves and will not do it.
- Kolomoisky, Avakov and Semenchenko blamed for the deaths of thousands of soldiers (by Ukrainian radical party member Mosiichuk), fakty.ua, 23 October, 2014
- Death toll estimated at 2000 killed in this article. Semchenko and Bereza blamed for leading Ukrainian soldiers in a break-through attempt.
- Ilovaiskaya tragedy. The full version of the report of a parliamentary investigation committee (document) Glavcom.ua, 22 October, 2014; robot translation: (Eng)(Russ)
- The decision to break from Ilovaisky cauldron was made by the Head of Sector B, after consultation with the battalion commander on the afternoon of August 28 (2014)
- Investigation committee: Gelatei and Muzhenko are to blame for the Ilovaisk tragedy Tyzhden.ua, 20 October 2014; robot translation: (Engl)] (Russ)
- Tyzhden.ya, 3 October 2014.
- Gelatei claimed that 108 Ukrainian soldiers were killed.
See also: Southern_Cauldron