Belgian terror cell
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Source: Belgium terror cell has links to ISIS, some members still at large ̣- Paul Cruickshank, Steve Almasy and Deborah Feyerick, CNN, January 17, 2015
- Europe on Alert as Police Swoop on Terrorist Suspects - Ian Wishart, Gaspard Sebag and John Martens, Bloomberg, Jan 16, 2015
- Belgian terror cell ‘was on verge of significant attack’ - France24, 2015-01-16
- Belgium charges five over 'terror plot to kill police' - BBC, 16 January 2015
Identity of suspects
- Belgian terrorist cell 'linked to targeting of news agents selling Charlie Hebdo' - Bruno Waterfield, The Telegraph, 16 Jan 2015
- The two men killed during a firefight with Belgium's special forces in Verviers on Thursday night have been named locally as Redouane Hagaoui and Tarik Jadaoun, who had recently returned from fighting in Syria.
- Hagaoui, 23, also known as Abu Khalid Al Maghribi, had been under surveillance by Belgium's secret service after returning from fighting with radical Islamists in Syria.
- He left his job as a cook to travel to Syria via Turkey last January after telling his parents he was going to visit relatives in their country of origin, Morocco.
- The other man killed, Jadaoun, is thought to be of Chechen origin."
- Paris attacks leader Abdelhamid Abaaoud bragged about migrant crisis - Daily Mail, February 4, 2016
- Paris terror attacks: Radio interview reveals new details about ringleader - CNN, February 5, 2016
- Woman in hiding tells why she blew whistle on Paris attacker - Brian Love, Reuters, February 4, 2016