Very technical with a background in Science, Engineering, Computer System Engineering, and now Criminal Law in a technical role but with a good appreciation of legal niceities and procedure. I also spent a number of years in the infantry of my country.
I've been following Syria since before the start of the civil war. I've even visited, but not anywhere near recently enough to be relevant.
I'm moderately partisan and am especially against Wahhabi / Takfiri interference in Syria. I also have developed over the years an appreciation for Iran and its people through meeting them on a personal and scientific basis. I also <shock horror> don't have a problem with Hezbollah. I once did when I listened to MSM but I'm now cured of that.
Due to my Scientific/Engineering background and now Criminal Law I'm very cynical. I assume everyone is lying, even the people paying me - especially the people paying me.
I can be contacted on charles.wood2013[krøllalfa]yahoo.com.au --Charles Wood
A Pome I made up (with a little help from Tom Lehrer)
- Gather round while I sing you of Moses von Braun,
- A man whose allegiance
- Is ruled by expedience.
- Call him a Salafi, he won't even frown.
- "Ha, Salafi Schmalafi," says Moses von Braun.
- Don't say that he's hypocritical,
- Say rather that he's apolitical.
- "Once the rockets are up, who cares where they come down?
- That's not my department," says Moses von Braun.
- Some have harsh words for this man of renown,
- But some think our attitude
- Should be one of gratitude,
- Like the widows and cripples in old Damascus town
- Who owe their large pensions to Moses von Braun.
- You too may be a big hero,
- Once you've learned to count backwards to zero.
- "In English or Arabic I know how to count down,
- And I'm learning Chinese," says Moses von Braun.
- Hahaha. He's just a small small light though and getting a bit of attention might be all of his aim, with a little help of UK MI friends. I saw that whoghouta rebuttal - slamdunk and the guy is so polite always leaving the door open. But I really object to his assessment that Brown Moses is "the leading blogger on Syria" - even more than one homestory in british media doesn't make you that. ;o) --CE (talk) 02:48, 3 December 2013 (UTC)