- 1 July 10th shooting
- 2 Hoax sites
- 3 Was Rich the DNC leaker?
- 4 Was Rich a Sanders supporter?
- 5 Did Hillary Clinton murder Seth Rich?
- 6 Social media accounts
- 7 Family Response
- 8 Who is investigating the murder?
- 9 Online investigation and analysis
- 10 Random links
- 11 FOIA
- 12 Mueller report
July 10th shooting
- Update: Homicide. Early Morning Shooting in Bloomingdale - POPville, July 10, 2017 (Includes comments by locals)
- DNC staffer shot and killed in DC - The Hill, July 11, 2017
- Parents of Seth Rich saddened by murder of son - Nick Starling, 3 News Now, July 11, 2017
- DNC staffer Seth Rich dies after being shot multiple times at 4am in Washington DC - Daily Mail, July 11, 2017
When and where did Seth Rich die?
- Public Incident Packet -Metropolitan Police Department (CCN #16113797 Event # 16113797).
- CIC reports the sound of gunshots at 2134 Flagler Pl. NW. Upon arriving to the scene, the decedent was laying in the Southwest corner of the intersection of W St. and Flagler Pl. NW. The decedent was conscious and breathing with apparent gunshot wound(s) to the back. The decedent was transported to local area hospital and was pronounced by attending physician at 0557 hours.
- #SethRich COMPLETE TIMELINE - All the facts in one place - spinometer on Reddit, May 21, 2017
- Day 217.14 Hillary's Leakers, Hackers, and Henchmen - George Webb, May 28, 2017
- TEN+ months later, NO positive confirmation as to WHICH HOSPITAL Seth Rich was taken to, or WHICH EMS transported him there. - rooting4redpillers on Voat, May 26, 2017
- Murdered DNC staffer Seth Rich was alive and conscious when found by police - Fellowship of the Minds, May 17, 2017
- Assassination Of Top US Democratic Party Official Leads To FBI Capture Of Clinton “Hit Team” - Sorcha Faal, What Does It Mean, July 13, 2017 (archive)
- DNC Worker Seth Conrad Rich Gunned Down on the Way to Meet FBI - Snopes
- A conspiracy site latched on to the tragic murder of young DNC staffer Seth Rich to spread false information about his killing.
Was Rich the DNC leaker?
- Main article: DNC Leak
- Julian Assange Strongly Suggests Murdered DNC Staffer Seth Rich Was WikiLeaks Source… - sundance, The Last Refuge, August 9, 2016
- 12/13/16 Craig Murray: DNC, Podesta emails leaked by Americans, not hacked by Russia-Scott Norton, audio published at libertarianinstitute.org, also here, December 13, 2016 – Craig Murray: DNC, Podesta emails leaked, not hacked – Episode 4328 -Scott Norton, published on youtube February 2, 2018
- Craig Murray claims to have 'rather more direct information' on the source, not just what Assange told him, 'which relates to the visit' he (Craig Murray) 'paid to Washington in September of this year' (2016). He also stresses that DNC and Podesta cases are different but characterize both as 'leaks, not hacks'; his information appears to do with the latter but not the former. Regarding DNC leak and Assange, he is not certain whether Assange knows for sure that Seth Rich is the source, but believes he may considers that Rich was targeted because somebody believed he is the source.
- Come On, We All Know It Was Seth Rich - Caitlin Johnstone, December 18, 2016
- Murdered DNC staffer Seth Rich had sent 44,000 internal emails to WikiLeaks: Report - Kyle Feldscher, Washington Examiner, May 16, 2017
- Seth Rich, Craig Murray and the Sinister Stewards of the National Security State, Mike Whitney, counterpunch, May 19, 2017
- “The Podesta emails and the DNC emails are, of course, two separate things and we shouldn’t conclude that they both have the same source,” Murray said. “In both cases we’re talking of a leak, not a hack, in that the person who was responsible for getting that information out had legal access to that information…
- Seth Rich Is A Whistleblower - Trent Lapinski, May 23, 2017
- New Evidence Suggests Seth Rich Was DNC Leaker - Jerome Corsi, Infowars.com, May 29, 2017
- 17 December, 2016 at 3.17 pm Ed Butowsky contacts Rich family, after being introduced by someone, and speaks with them for some 30 minutes on the phone, as he learned something from a source he won't reveal and having something to do with the Wikileaks. Source: Ed Butowsky interview, 1 Aug. 2017. -Rich family did not want to talk about the Wikileaks.
- Someone introduced Ed Butowsky to Seymour Hersh , who gave him 'all that information'. Ed Butowsky sends it to Rich family, but they are not interested in the Wikileaks part, only in 'something concrete'. At this point, an idea to hire a private investigator is suggested by Ed Butowsky. Family cannot pay for it, but Ed offers to do so. Source: Ed Butowsky interview, 1 Aug. 2017.
- 23 February, 2017 /"February 2017". Rod Wheeler first contacted and later hired (Source: Ed Butowsky interview, 1 Aug. 2017/ Rod Wheeler lawsuit).
- 8 April, 2017. Wikileaks released supposedly Guccifer2.0 messages to Robin Young, dated 25 August 2016, and claiming that Seth Rich is a source (see links on this page).
- 20 April, 2017. Ed Butowsky, Rod Wheeler meeting with the White House (ex) press secretary Sean Spicer, discussing Rod Wheeler investigation and information from Seymour Hersh (Spicer has no use for it, and they talk about something else). Source: Ed Butowsky interview, 1 Aug. 2017/Rod Wheeler interview, 2 Aug. 2017.
- 9 May, 2017. FBI director James Comey fired.
- 15 May, 2017. Fox interview with Rod Wheeler aired.
- 20 May, 2017. Kim Dotcom claims it too
- 23 May, 2017. Judicial Watch files several freedom of information requests (DC police department and DC mayor office, 'last week'; FBI request is 'pending from the last year') .
- 2 June, 2017 E-mail exchanges between Butowsky and Hersh; Hersh appears now to contradict the version on the audio; Butowsky presses on.
- 11-12 July, 2017. Audio recordings claimed to be of Seymour Hersh , Rod Wheeler are posted on the youtube channel Debunking Rod Wheeler.
- 24 July, 2017. Intel Vets (VIPS) Challenge ‘Russia Hack’ Evidence.
- 25 July, 2017. House nearly unanimously approves a bill imposing sanctions on Russia, followed by a near-unanimous Senate vote on 28 July
- 1 August, 2017. Information about lawsuit, claims and counter-claims appeared. (Also, FBI director Christopher Wray confirmation hearing on this day).
- 2 August, 2017. Russia sanctions bill is signed by president Donald J. Trump.
- 3 August, 2017. Rep. Dana Rohrabacher drew the attention of members of Congress to VIPS report (published by July 24, 2017)
- 15 August, 2017. Rep. Dana Rohrabacher meeting with Assange, reported by the Hill.
List of people who say Seth Rich is the DNC leaker
- Guccifer 2.0 via Robin Young
- Kim Dotcom
- Seymour Hersh (unconfirmed)
- Anonymous federal investigator who spoke to Fox News & OANN
- Ed Butowsky
- Ellen Ratner according to Ed Butowsky
- Bill Binney
- Mark Dougan aka BadVolf (unreliable) (Noted: got an asylum in Russia; claims (17:39) that he set up DCLeaks--discussed in the link).
- Julian Assange strongly suggests but does not say so. As does his mother.
Two other people claim that they know first hand that the data came from a leaker but no not mention the leaker's name.
- Craig Murray
- Ray McGovern
- Main article: DNC Leak#Guccifer 2.0
- Wikileaks Bombshell: Guccifer 2.0 Admits “Seth” Rich Was DNC Leaker - Jim Hoft, The Gateway Pundit, Apr 8th, 2017
- BREAKING: Wikileaks And Bond Girl Confirm Seth Rich Leaked Emails To Guccifer 2.0 - Verydicey, April 8, 2017
- Guccifer 2.0 - The Hack/Leak Contradiction - Adam Carter, April 8th, 2017
- Direct Messages from U.S. alleged Russian spy @GUCCIFER_2 to actress-model @robbin_young (according to the latter) http://g-2.space/sr/dms.html
- — @Wikileaks on Twitter - April 8th, 2017
- Hi @verified @Support All my DM's before May 15, 2017 are gone. I didn't delete them. Where did they go? May I please have them back? TY! 😊
- — @Robbin_Young on Twitter - May 26, 2017
- I knew Seth Rich. I know he was the Wikileaks source. I was involved, Kim Dotcom to Sean Hannity on twitter, May 20, 2017
- On May 23, kim.com issues a statement (without specific URL) on his website which reads:
- I know [that Seth Rich was involved in the DNC leak] because in late 2014 a person contacted me about helping me to start a branch of the Internet Party in the United States. He called himself Panda. I now know that Panda was Seth Rich. Panda advised me that he was working on voter analytics tools and other technologies that the Internet Party may find helpful. I communicated with Panda on a number of topics including corruption and the influence of corporate money in politics. [...]
- Dotcom would be willing to give details only to "the authorities" as his lawyers advised him, the statement continues.
- On May 25, Dotcom releases an open letter to the Rich family asking them not to repeat allegations, whose preposterous nature he outlines to them, originating with the Washington Post of him having tried to hack Seth Rich's email account.
- SETH RICH – A TALE OF TWEETS - May 28, 2017
- Kim Dotcom Approaches Special Counsel, press release by Kim Dotcom, 30 May 2017
- (says he has relevant information, does not provide details on information itself, only on his legal situation)
Source used by Fox News, OANN, and Joe Biggs.
Apparently, according to him, an ex-investigator, something happened , here
- @whysprtech on Twitter
Fox News report
- ACLOS epistemological principals consider the original report as a primary source and thus more reliable than the later forced retraction.
- Family of slain DNC staffer Seth Rich blasts detective over report of WikiLeaks link - Malia Zimmerman, Fox News, May 16, 2017 (video)
- The federal investigator, who requested anonymity, said 44,053 emails and 17,761 attachments between Democratic National Committee leaders, spanning from January 2015 through late May 2016, were transferred from Rich to MacFadyen before May 21.
- Fox News, May 15, 2017 updated May 17, 2017 , with video, includes fragment with Wheeler saying his thing, well-copied in many youtubed studies Fox 5 You have sources at the FBI saying that there is information RW: For Sure..Fox 5...that could link Seth Rich to Wikileaks? RW: Absolutely. Yeah. That's confirmed .The story was later retracted, more interviews given and stuff said; this does not pretend to be the full lengthy account
- Reprinted by NY Post
- Laptop evidence shows slain DNC staffer was talking to WikiLeaks: investigator - Fox News, via New York Post, May 16, 2017 (archived)
- May 17
- Private investigator Rod Wheeler backtracked from his statements, shortly after making them - Fox News, 17 May 2017 update
- May 23
Fox News is forced to dump the story into the Memory Hole. All copies of the original report are removed from the Internet. The NY Post page is replaced with a statement:
- Fox News statement on coverage of Seth Rich murder investigation
- On May 16, a story was posted on the Fox News website on the investigation into the 2016 murder of DNC Staffer Seth Rich. The article was not initially subjected to the high degree of editorial scrutiny we require for all our reporting. Upon appropriate review, the article was found not to meet those standards and has since been removed.
- Fox News Retracts Seth Rich Story, but Mental Sean Hannity Continues to Peddle Conspiracy - Dustin Rowles, Pajiba, May 23, 2017
- This retraction comes just a few hours after Seth Rich’s brother reached out to Sean Hannity’s producer and pleaded with Hannity not to drag Seth Rich’s name through the mud and urged the network not to do the interview with Kim Dot Com.
- Aug. 1
- Rod Wheeler files a lawsuit, claims quotes were inserted - more in Bloomberg article
- Behind Fox News' Baseless Seth Rich Story: The Untold Tale - David Folkenflik, NPR, August 1, 2017
- Lawsuit Alleges Fox News And Trump Collaborated To Create Fake Story About Seth Rich Killing - ZeroHedge, August 1, 2017
- The lawsuit claims Seymour Hersh was the actual source (see below).
- CNN Chris Cuomo EXPLOSIVE Interview with Ed Butowsky over Fox News Lawsuit, Seth Rich Story - US News Today, 1 August 2017
- In the interview, Butowsky makes several references to 'Hersh recording(s)' and to 'DeBunking Rod Wheeler claims .com ' (e.g. here and here and here; such .com website can't be found but there is same-named youtube channel). Butowsky says, I do not have a conclusion, and in effect, listen for yourself and make a conclusion.
- According to Butowsky presentation, he initially did not know Hersh or about Hersh and had a different source, also telling something related to wikileaks; he refused to reveal that source. He later met and talked to Sy Hersh , prior to Rod Wheeler was hired in February, 2017.
- Butowsky introduced (some) Hersh recording to Sean Spicer, who was not interested/did not know what to do with such info (in Butowsky version of events; around 11:58 to some 16:00+). According to lawsuit--12, a meeting with Butowsky, Wheeler and Spicer took place before Fox aired the interview (at least 2 days prior).
- Butowsky mentions certain ' Joey De La Camaro ' (spelling?), a DC detective who has 'a lot of information' and 'wanted to talk' , exploring some whistle-blowing avenues.
- Rod Wheeler: ‘Why Is the President Even Involved in a Murder Investigation?’ - RealMediaNews (NBC News also seen on video), August 2, 2017
- Spicer meeting: 20 April, 2017.
- Fake News Media Suffers Body Blow on Case Linked to Seth Rich by Larry Johnson - Sic Semper Tyrannis, April 29, 2019
- On May 15, 2017, Wheeler was in contact with Zimmerman multiple times about an article Zimmerman was writing. Zimmerman provided Wheeler several “drafts” containing quotes attributed to Wheeler. At no point in time did Wheeler ever deny making the statements quoted by Zimmerman; instead he offered further quotations.
- On May 16, 2017, in the early morning, Fox published Zimmerman’s story entitled, “Seth Rich, slain DNC staffer, had contact with WikiLeaks, say multiple sources.” The article included the statements Wheeler had made and approved. Id. On May 16, 2017, after publication of Zimmerman’s article, Wheeler appeared on Fox News and was interviewed by Sean Hannity, where Wheeler again confirmed Seth had communicated with WikiLeaks. On May 16, 2017, Wheeler appeared on Fox Business with Lou Dobbs to discuss the Seth Rich murder investigation.
- On May 16 or May 17, 2017, one or more members of the Rich family, or a spokesman for the Rich family, threatened to sue Wheeler for violating the terms of his contract with the Rich family by speaking with Marraco, Zimmerman, Hannity, and Dobbs. According to Plaintiff, the threats from the Rich family provided Wheeler with a motive to lie, backtrack, and distance himself from the quotes and statements he had made to Marraco, Zimmerman, Hannity, and Dobbs. Wheeler then “flip-flopped on virtually all the essential facts.”
- Audio: Seymour Hersh States Seth Rich Was WikiLeaks Source - Cassandra Fairbanks, Big League Politics, August 1st, 2017
- Audio 2 - DeBunking Rod Wheeler, July 11, 2017 (7 minute audio claimed to be Seymour Hersh discussing Seth Rich)
- Transcripts: Seymour Hersh: "RussiaGate Is A CIA-Planted Lie, Revenge Against Trump" - ZeroHedge, August 2, 2017
- Another transcript: Seymour Hersh audio transcript revealing Seth Rich leaked the DNC emails to Wikileaks- redpilledworld.blogspot.com, August 2-3, 2017
- See also 'Interesting phone call' - DeBunking Rod Wheeler, July 12, 2017 (Rod Wheeler calls DC Metropolitan Police).
- Rod Wheeler lawsuit - scribd.com, August 1, 2017
- 55. During his conversation with Butowsky, Mr. Hersh claimed that he had received information from an “FBI report.” Mr. Hersh had not seen the report himself, but explained: “I have somebody on the inside who will go and read a file for me. And I know this person is unbelievably accurate and careful. He’s a very high level guy.”
- 56. According to Mr. Hersh, his source told him that the FBI report states that, shortly after Seth Rich’s murder, the D.C. police obtained a warrant to search his home. When they arrived at the home, the D.C. police found Seth Rich’s computer, but were unable to access it. The computer was then provided to the D.C. police Cyber Unit, who also were unable to access the computer. At that point, the D.C. police contacted the Cyber Unit at the FBI’s Washington D.C. field office. Again, according to the supposed FBI report, the Washington D.C. field office was able to get into the computer and found that in “late spring early summer , [Seth Rich] [made] contact with Wikileaks.” “They found what he had done. He had submitted a series of documents, of emails. Some juicy emails from the DNC.” Mr. Hersh told Butowsky that Seth Rich “offered a sample [to WikiLeaks][,] an extensive sample, you know I’m sure dozens, of emails, and said I want money.”
- Compare this to leaked audio. (unconfirmed)
- ... ... ...
- 77. ...In fact, the only purported source saying that Seth Rich sent any emails to WikiLeaks was Butowsky and Zimmerman’s supposed source within the FBI. Mr. Wheeler had never even spoken with this individual, to the extent he or she even exists. In fact, when Mr. Wheeler was interviewed by a Fox affiliate on the evening of May 15, 2017, he made sure not to confirm as fact the proposition that Seth Rich sent emails to WikiLeaks, instead confirming only that a “source” (i.e., Zimmerman’s and Butowsky’s alleged source) had information that could link Seth Rich to WikiLeaks. (see also: 70-77).
- 103. (Butowsky): I’ve got a friend of mine (...) I sent him the Sy Hersh redacted where it’s just his voice (...) Butowsky then claimed that he had Mr. Hersh’s “balls in a noose.”
- 2 June, 2017 E-mail exchanges between Butowsky and Hersh; Hersh appears now to contradict the version on the audio; Butowsky presses on; contradiction appears unresolved. No comment volunteered by Hersh in August 1-3, 2017.
- Seymour Hersh Owes The World An Explanation For His Seth Rich Comments - Caitlin Johnstone, August 3, 2017
- A good summary of the Hersh issue (possibly copied from here.)
- Don't know Hersh but have a different mental model of how he may operate. He may be very rational and well-planning guy, first publishing stuff after meticulously considering all tiny details; then maybe talking about it, and sounding very charismatic, but this all adds to sales part too, not just truth and charisma parts. In this situation, lots of risk and no advancing of the business part. Plus, it is very likely he will be called to testify in the lawsuit, and so he may not say a word in any unguarded way from now; it may all go to his legal rep first, and well-considered before anything is said at all. --Resup (talk) 02:14, 4 August 2017 (UTC)
- Come on, we live in a real world. We are not talking about an artifact on the dark side of the Moon, we are talking about FBI files which either exist, or not. Instead of banging on 'poor' old Hersh head, why not to submit a freedom of information request to the FBI (links here) ? One needs to be a physical, not virtual, person, and motivate why this is needed, but with an army of journalists interested in this, why that was not done already, or why we have not heard the outcome? --In the end of the day, the chief executive is the president and there is a machine behind, justice department and all that stuff, whatever it is. It mystifies me why it was not sorted out long time ago (if it was not).--Resup (talk) 03:28, 4 August 2017 (UTC) (Noted: Judicial Watch tried ...).
- A good summary of the Hersh issue (possibly copied from here.)
- A New Twist in Seth Rich Murder Case - Joe Lauria, August 8, 2017
- Joe Lauria: I contacted Hersh on Friday via email. He confirmed to me that it was his voice on the tape by angrily condemning those who he said secretly recorded him, without identifying them. He did not respond when I asked him whether he thought the tape may have been altered. Hersh refused to comment further.
- More cover-up questions - James A. Lyons, Washington Times, March 1, 2018
- (James A. Lyons, Jr., a retired U.S. Navy admiral, was commander in chief of the U.S. Pacific Fleet and senior U.S. military representative to the United Nations.)
- Data on the laptop revealed that Mr. Rich downloaded thousands of DNC emails and was in touch with Wikileaks. The file with evidence of what was on Mr. Rich’s laptop sits with the FBI in a co-shared space with the D.C. police department. According to Ed Butowsky, an acquaintance of the family, in his discussions with Joel and Mary Rich, they confirmed that their son transmitted the DNC emails to Wikileaks.
- Since then, the DNC hired a “spokesperson,” Brad Burman, a known hatchet man to basically cut off any further communications with Mr. Rich’s parents. Interestingly, it is well known in the intelligence circles that Seth Rich and his brother, Aaron Rich, downloaded the DNC emails and was paid by Wikileaks for that information.
- Ed Butowsky Discusses the Murder of Seth Rich - Newsmax TV, published June 26, 2018
- (on how he got involved with this) information came from London that Seth and Aron downloaded the emails from the DNC server
- Lawsuit outs Ellen Ratner as source for Seth Rich information - Ty Clevenger, LawFlog, July 15, 2019
- Former Fox News news analyst Ellen Ratner relayed information from Wikileaks founder Julian Assange to Texas businessman Ed Butowsky regarding Seth Rich’s role in transferring emails to Wikileaks, according to an amended lawsuit that I filed this morning on behalf of Mr. Butowsky.
- Bill Binney States that the NSA Has 32 Pages of Communications Between Seth Rich and Julian Assange, As Revealed by a FOIA Request - Mark F. McCarty, April 19, 2019
- Bill Binney – Brennan May Have Headed the Coup - Forbidden Knowledge TV, June 11, 2019 (video)
User Rob Lee has this to say: Wikileaks links to a channel with a video where this section of the whole Rod Wheeler recording is specifically singled out. How much more obvious can they make it?
Suddenly, Bloomberg in the money
- Why Some U.S. Ex-Spies Don't Buy the Russia Story - Bloomberg, 10 August, 2017
Was Rich a Sanders supporter?
- Seth Rich’s Reddit Account Discovered – Loved Pandas, Patriotic Clothes, And Joe Rogan - ZeroPointNow, iBankCoin, May 19, 2017 (mirror)
- BREAKING: Reddit Investigation Into The Seth Rich Murder Is Factual, Shocking, And Destroys The Russian Scenario - IWB, May 19, 2017
- https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/6c1rj9/not_a_drill_pedes_with_clues_from_pol_and_other/ (http://archive.is/JEe7t)
Did Hillary Clinton murder Seth Rich?
- Fine, Let's Do This: Hillary Clinton Did Not Murder Seth Rich - Dustin Rowles, Pajiba, August 11, 2016
Social media accounts
- https://www.instagram.com/panda4progress/ (suspended May 20, 2017, archive)
- https://www.linkedin.com/in/sethrich1 (suspended, archive)
Pandas4Bernie is not a Seth Rich account.
- "We’re Seth Rich’s parents. Stop politicizing our son’s murder", by Mary Rich and Joel Rich, Washington Post, May 23, 6:04 PM
- We know that Seth’s personal email and his personal computer were both inspected by detectives early in the investigation and that the inspection revealed no evidence of any communications with anyone at WikiLeaks or anyone associated with WikiLeaks.
- He didn’t have access to DNC emails, Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee emails, John Podesta’s emails or Hillary Clinton’s emails. That simply wasn’t his job.
- We ask those purveying falsehoods to give us peace, and to give law enforcement the time and space to do the investigation they need to solve our son’s murder.
- "DNC Staffer Killed 'Wanted to Make a Difference,' Family Says", published July 13, 2016 , ABC news.
- "WATCH: Seth Rich’s Parents Break Their Silence, Issue THIS Heartbreaking Message", published on May 22, 2017 by some News Headlines Daily.
- User comment by Luana, posted at about 1 pm UTC on 25 May 2017. The reason for this video & the date are misleading. I saw this video at least a full month ago, 3 weeks BEFORE Rod Wheeler revealed what he found. They were thanking people for the GoFundMe donations to help them find the murderers of Seth Rich. It's bad enough already, but to use this video in a misleading way is total BS! Ever since DNC Fixer jumped on the case, NOT ONE WORD has been publicly said by Joel or Mary Rich. Brad Bauman, the DNC fixer, was a self-proclaimed family spokesperson... The fact that neither Rod Wheeler (the investigator hired by Seth's parents via a third party) nor Seth's parents have publicly spoken out since Brad Bauman came on the scene only fuels suspicions further. Why is the DNC so damned interested that they'd get so involved in pulling no punches to get this story stopped? Why does the law firm who sent Rod Wheeler a cease and desist letter & claims to represent the Rich family have a long history of representing DNC interests. Also, what is the nature of involvement of a company called SEIU ... (etc; heavier unsupported allegation follows)
- Original thank you video, Apr 24, 2017
- Aaron Rich on gofundme.com
Who is investigating the murder?
- Brad Bauman, a Democratic communications consultant who serves as a spokesman for the Rich family, told us that the FBI is not investigating Rich’s murder — further undermining the premise of the Fox 5 report. “The FBI is not now and has never been a party to this investigation,” he said. -USA Today, 22 May, 2017
- Editor's note: Shortly after this fact-check was published, an FBI spokeswoman officially confirmed that Rich's death was being investigated by the Metropolitan Police Department. The text has been updated. Politfact, May 26th, 2017. This seems to be one of sites put up by somebody to fight rumors --those sites come on top of searches
- I was unable to find any FBI official comment on Seth Rich. Google search on fbi.gov for the past year gives stolen weapon reward announcement (I do not know why, a bug?), as the only result. Time unlimited search gives some old not relevant cases. So, unclear whether it was officially stated that fbi is not investigating. If it is not, what does it mean? Maybe no data crime was committed, either it was not him, or it was but he had legal access to data and had a right to whistleblow it.--Resup (talk) 19:55, 29 May 2017 (UTC)
- FBI Investigating DNC Hack Some Democrats Blame on Russia -Bloomberg, 25 July 2016
- Joint Statement from the Department Of Homeland Security and Office of the Director of National Intelligence on Election Security (archived), 7 October, 2016
- Exclusive: The true origins of the Seth Rich conspiracy theory. A Yahoo News investigation, by Michael Isikoff, Chief Investigative Correspondent, Yahoo News, July 9, 2019
- Russia’s foreign intelligence service, known as the SVR, first circulated a phony “bulletin” — disguised to read as a real intelligence report —about the alleged murder of the former DNC staffer on July 13, 2016, according to the U.S. federal prosecutor who was in charge of the Rich case.
- “To me, having a foreign intelligence agency set up one of my decedents with lies and planting false stories, to me that’s pretty outrageous,” said Deborah Sines, the former assistant U.S. attorney in charge of the Rich case until her retirement last year.
- ...In fact, the Fox story was a “complete fabrication,” said Sines, who consulted with the FBI about the Fox News claims. There was “no connection between Seth and WikiLeaks. And there was no evidence on his work computer of him downloading and disseminating things from the DNC.” (A spokeswoman for the FBI’s Washington field office said the office had never opened an investigation into Rich’s murder, considering it a local crime for which the Washington Metropolitan Police Department had jurisdiction. Andrew McCabe, the FBI’s acting director at the time, said in an interview that he reached out to his agents after he heard about the conspiracy stories about Rich and was told, “There’s no there there.”)
- + Noted: Michael Isikoff Cuts His Losses at ‘Russian Roulette’ - by Ray McGovern, Consortium News, December 19, 2018
- Isikoff, Who First Peddled The Fake Steele Dossier, Invents New 'Russian Influence' Story, Moon of Alabama, July 9, 2019
Online investigation and analysis
- Seth Rich — A Timeline - Rob Gray, May 22, 2017
- The Seth Rich Case - JimmysLlama, May 19, 2017
- Updates on the Seth Rich Case - JimmysLlama, May 21, 2017
- Assange Expected to confirm Wikileaks source of DNC Emails was Seth Rich not Russians - Michael Salla, Exopolitics, April 25, 2019
May, or may not be related to Seth Rich.
- FBI Offers Up to $10,000 Reward to Recover Stolen Weapons - FBI, July 22, 2016
- The FBI’s Washington Field Office is offering a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to the recovery of stolen weapons. On Sunday, July 10, 2016, between 12:00 a.m. and 2:00 a.m., unknown subjects burglarized an FBI special agent’s vehicle and removed a secured gun lock box which contained weapons and other equipment.
- “There were no shell casings — it was a revolver,” Joel Rich said. Omaha World-Herald, Nov 23, 2016.
- Metropolitan Police Department flyer
- On Sunday July 10, 2016, at approximately 4:19 am, Mr. SETH CONRAD RICH was shot and killed in the 2100 block of Flagler Place NW. The Metropolitan Police Department seeks the public’s assistance in gathering information regarding this homicide.
- As of April, 2018, no update by Judicial Watch (past ~ May 2017 when FOIA (s) were filed), but BBC conspiracy files , where there's Butkowsky 'falling apart' and Seymour Hersh unmentionable.
- DNC Emails--A Seth Attack Not a Russian Hack by Publius Tacitus, October 23, 2018
- The NSA informed Clevenger in a letter dated 4 October 2018 that: Your request has been processed under the provisions of the FOIA. Fifteen documents (32 pages) responsive to your request have been reviewed by this Agency as required by the FOIA and have found to be currently and properly classified in accordance with Executive Order 13526. These documents meet the criteria for classification as set forth in Subparagraph (c) of Section 1.4 and remains classified TOP SECRET and SECRET.
- So Why Does the NSA Have 32 Pages of Secret/Top Secret Documents on Seth Rich? - Mark F. McCarty, Medium, October 23, 2018
- When I and others queried the author (in the Comments section) about his source for this info, he responded: “The source is the letter that the lawyer, Ty Clevenger, received from the NSA. I have seen the letter.”
- p. 48: (Asssange and WikiLeaks) statements about Rich implied falsely that he had been the source of the stolen DNC email (due to alleged electronic evidence of transfers from Guccifer 2.0 and dcleaks)
- (same page, later): The office cannot rule out that stolen emails were transferred through intermediaries who visited during the summer of 2016. For example, public reporting identified Andrew Muller-Maguhn as a WikiLeaks associate who may have assisted with the transfer of these stolen documents to WikiLeaks