Syrian Observatory for Human Rights
The unusual level of relative balance they get from their variety of sources finds visual expression in the unusual mixing of iconography, using anti-government French colonial colors in some places (like their main website syriahr.org and Arabic Facebook page) while maintaining the national colors elsewhere (like on the Youtube channel and English Facebook page - see inset).
- The Syrian Observatory: The Inside Story, Asa Winstanley, Al Akhbar, January 26, 2012
- The Syrian opposition: who's doing the talking?, Charlie Skelton, The Guardian Comment is free, July 12, 2012
- A Very Busy Man Behind the Syrian Civil War’s Casualty Count, Neil MacFarquhar, New York Times, April 9, 2013
- Who is behind Syrian Observatory for Human Rights? RT finds Western media's key source on Syria
- Как агент британских спецслужб сочинял басни «о российских преступлениях в Сирии», — расследование «Русской Весны» (ФОТО, ВИДЕО), translation: "How an agent of British special services fabricated stories about Russian crimes in Syria" - an investigation by "Russian Spring" (PHOTOS, VIDEO), Jan 12, 2016. Briefly, the article alleges lack of objectivity, bias, unknown/unreliable/possibly fake sources. Unreliable or falsified information produced as a result is later used by mainstream sources as facts. Acknowledged financial backing by the 'EU and one European country' is described as corroborating evidence. Recent article by BBC alleging that 60 people were killed in Russian airstrikes near the city of Maaret En Nuuman in the western Idlib province is used as an illustration of the 'method'.