Jump to navigation Jump to search
- For further details and discussion, see the talk page. (To see what is hot, see recent changes)
Zahran Alloush (Zahran Alwash) was the military commander of the Islamic Front, previously Army of Islam, previously Liwa al-Islam. He was killed by an air strike on a military meeting in the Ghouta on December 25, 2015.
- Zahran Alloush – Prime suspect for the CW attack in Ghouta, collection of information about him and his connection to the events of August 21, 2013
- Why Zahran Alloush stands accused, Activists about the kidnapping of the so-called "Douma4" and why Alloush is the prime suspect, May 31, 2015
- Zahran Alloush: His Ideology and Beliefs – Joshua Landis, December 15th, 2013
- Islamist rebel leader walks back rhetoric in first interview with U.S. media, McClatchy from Istanbul, May 20, 2015
- Wikipedia: Zahran Alloush
- "Unknown details...", by Rusvesna correspondent 'Abu Ibragim', text and strike video.
- The Syrian Rebel Who Tried to Build an Islamist Paradise - Aron Lund, Politico, March 31, 2017
Reactions to his death
- The Death of Zahran Alloush, Aron Lund, December 25, 2015
- ZAHRAAN ‘ALLOOSH DISMEMBERED BY SYRIAN AIR FORCE MISSILE AND SYRIAN PERSPECTIVE, Ziad Fadel, December 26, 2015
- Leader of Jaish al-Islam killed by RuAF (video) - Live Leak
- Terrorist lovers are somewhat startled by a RuAF strike - I appreciate this delayed christmas gift. Thank you uncle Putin.
- Anne Barnard, NYT, sees Alloush as a moderate as critiqued by Asad AbuKhalil
- HRW CEO Ken Roth on Twitter: Killing Zahran Alloush is part of Assad strategy of trying to reduce choice to him or ISIS. (+ responses)
- The Peculiar Case of Zahran Alloush Paul Antonopoulos, al Masdar News, December 27 - notes condolences from al-Nusra Front, FSA, not from ISIS, soft-pedalling Alloush as a "powerful rebel leader" from Ken Roth and the Western media in general.