Jump to navigation Jump to search
Zahran Alloush (Zahran Alwash) was the military commander of the Islamic Front, previously Army of Islam, previously Liwa al-Islam. He was killed by an air strike on a military meeting in the Ghouta on December 25, 2015.
- Zahran Alloush – Prime suspect for the CW attack in Ghouta, collection of information about him and his connection to the events of August 21, 2013
- Why Zahran Alloush stands accused, Activists about the kidnapping of the so-called "Douma4" and why Alloush is the prime suspect, May 31, 2015
- Zahran Alloush: His Ideology and Beliefs – Joshua Landis, December 15th, 2013
- Islamist rebel leader walks back rhetoric in first interview with U.S. media, McClatchy from Istanbul, May 20, 2015
- Wikipedia: Zahran Alloush
- "Unknown details...", by Rusvesna correspondent 'Abu Ibragim', text and strike video.
- The Syrian Rebel Who Tried to Build an Islamist Paradise - Aron Lund, Politico, March 31, 2017
Reactions to his death
- The Death of Zahran Alloush, Aron Lund, December 25, 2015
- ZAHRAAN ‘ALLOOSH DISMEMBERED BY SYRIAN AIR FORCE MISSILE AND SYRIAN PERSPECTIVE, Ziad Fadel, December 26, 2015
- Leader of Jaish al-Islam killed by RuAF (video) - Live Leak
- Terrorist lovers are somewhat startled by a RuAF strike - I appreciate this delayed christmas gift. Thank you uncle Putin.
- Anne Barnard, NYT, sees Alloush as a moderate as critiqued by Asad AbuKhalil
- HRW CEO Ken Roth on Twitter: Killing Zahran Alloush is part of Assad strategy of trying to reduce choice to him or ISIS. (+ responses)
- The Peculiar Case of Zahran Alloush Paul Antonopoulos, al Masdar News, December 27 - notes condolences from al-Nusra Front, FSA, not from ISIS, soft-pedalling Alloush as a "powerful rebel leader" from Ken Roth and the Western media in general.