Yemeni missile strikes on Saudi Arabia
- 1 2016
- 2 2017
- 3 2018
- 4 2019
- 5 2020
- 6 2021
- 7 2022
- 8 Yemeni missiles and drones
- 9 Iranian missiles?
- 10 Timeline
- 11 Analysis
King Fahd Airbase, Taif
- Yemeni forces launch new missile against Saudi Arabia: Video - PressTV, September 2, 2016
- Yemeni army forces have launched a locally designed and manufactured ballistic missile towards an area deep inside Saudi Arabia in response to Riyadh’s atrocious aerial bombardments against the crisis-stricken Arab country. On Friday, the media bureau of the operations command in Yemen released footage showing the missile attack against a stationary target in the Saudi city of Ta'if, located more than 700 kilometers (434 miles) southeast of the capital, Riyadh.
- https://twitter.com/redcommie/status/785249206357336065 (wrong date)
October 7, 2016
King Abdulaziz International Airport, Jeddah
October 27, 2016
- Saudi and US sources
- Saudi Arabia Says Yemen Rebels Fire Missile Toward Mecca - AP, The New York Times, October 28, 2016
- Rebel media in Yemen said the missile targeted an international airport in Jiddah, though Saudi Arabia said it was "intercepted and destroyed" 65 kilometers (40 miles) from Mecca, which is home to the cube-shaped Kaaba that the world's Muslims pray toward five times a day.
- The missile launch shows the capability of Yemen's Shiite rebels, known as Houthis, and their allies to continue to strike Saudi Arabia. It also drew the immediate anger of Saudi citizens, as the protection of Mecca is a key pillar of the Saudi royal family's prestige and the country's national identity.
- The Saudi military said the missile, fired Thursday night from Yemen's northwestern Saada province bordering the kingdom, caused no damage. The Saudi military has a supply of U.S.-made, surface-to-air Patriot missile batteries it previously has fired at Houthi-launched missiles.
- Yemen's Houthis launch missile toward Saudi holy city - Reuters, October 27, 2016
- Yemen's Houthi militia launched a ballistic missile toward Mecca on Thursday, the Saudi-led coalition intervening in Yemen's civil war said on Saudi state news agency SPA. Coalition forces destroyed the missile 65 km (40 miles) from the holy city without damage and retaliated against the launch site inside Yemen, the statement said.
- Houthis fire ballistic missile toward Mecca - Deutsche Welle, October 28, 2016
- The Saudi-led coalition intervening in Yemen's civil war said on Saudi state news agency SPA that a Burkan-1 ballistic missile was luanched into Saudi Arabia, adding that it had targeted King Abdulaziz International Airport in Jeddah, the kingdom's busiest airport. Saudi Arabia said it had "intercepted and destroyed" the missile 65 kilometers (40 miles) from Mecca.
- Pro-Yemen sources
- Yemeni forces fire ballistic missile at Saudi Arabia’s Jeddah airport - PressTV, October 28, 2016
- Yemeni army forces and allied fighters from Popular Committees have reportedly launched a locally designed and manufactured ballistic missile towards an area deep inside Saudi Arabia in response to the Riyadh regime’s atrocious aerial bombardments against the crisis-hit Arab country.
- Yemeni soldiers and their allies fired a Borkan-1 (Volcano-1) missile towards King Abdulaziz International Airport, located 19 kilometers north of the western Saudi port city of Jeddah, Arabic-language al-Masirah television network reported.
- A military source, speaking on condition of anonymity, later told the official Saba news agency that the 12.5-meter-long missile had targeted its target accurately and left massive destruction at the airport.
- Yemen’s War – Saudi Arabia hides behind Holy Mecca to garner sympathies - Catherine Shakdam, Huffington Post, November 1, 2016
- Saudi Arabian oil refineries set on fire by longe-range Yemeni missile - Chris Tomson. AMN, July 23, 2017
- Yemen targets Saudi oil refinery with ballistic missile - NTH News, July 23, 2017
- Yemeni Forces Create Heat Wave In Saudi Arabia - Moon of Alabama, July 24, 2017
Intercepted by Patriot missiles?
The New York Times published an investigation of Saudi Patriots intercepting Yemeni missile, flying to the airport last month. Conclusion was... Patriots didn't intercept anything, at the very least not the warhead.
- Did American Missile Defense Fail in Saudi Arabia? - The New York Times, December 4, 2017
- Instead, evidence analyzed by a research team of missile experts appears to show the missile’s warhead flew unimpeded over Saudi defenses and nearly hit its target, Riyadh’s airport. The warhead detonated so close to the domestic terminal that customers jumped out of their seats.
- Laura Grego, a missile expert at the Union of Concerned Scientists, expressed alarm that Saudi defense batteries had fired five times at the incoming missile. You shoot five times at this missile and they all miss? That's shocking, ” she said. “That's shocking because this system is supposed to work.”
Barakah nuclear power plant in Abu Dhabi, UAE
- New intel reveals Yemeni missile strike on Riyadh was highly successful - Brecht Jonker, Yemen Resistance Watch, June 26, 2018
- See Southfront section on 'Missile War' from their overview 'Houthis and the Yemeni War' July 3, 2018 (Relevent section starts at 24.15)
- Our missiles can hit Saudi, Emirati targets: Houthis - Resistance News April 22, 2019
- Houthi drone attack 'hits arms depot' at Saudi airport in Najran - 'Al Jazeera, May 21, 2019
- Yemeni drone strike hits Jizan airport - Brecht Yonkers, Uprising Today, May 26, 2019
- Houthi forces escalate drone attacks on Abha airport in Saudi Arabia - Unmanned airspace, June 16, 2019
- Houthis: Air Force Operations Continued Until Dawn on Abha Airport led complete paralysis in air traffic - Debriefer, June 18, 2019
- Ansar Allah Carried Out 10 Strikes On Saudi Arabia’s Abha Airport Since 2016 (Infographics) - SouthFront, June 18, 2019
- Dead, Wounded In Yemeni Drone Attack On Abha Airport Yemen Extra, June 24, 2019
- Twitter: July 8, Houthi strikes on Abha airport Air traffic on hold
- ANSAR ALLAH STRUCK AIRPORT AND POWER STATION IN SOUTHERN SAUDI ARABIA Southfront July 9, 2019
- Yemeni Drones Launch Fresh Attack on Saudi Airbase Tasnim News Agency, July 23, 2019
- String of attacks in Saudi Arabia claimed by Houthis - Caleb Weiss. Long War Journal, August 29, 2019
- Yemen Houthis Attack Saudi Airport with Cruise Missile - Report - Sputnik, August 29, 2019
- Video of the August 28, 2019 strike on Abha airport released July 2020
- Abdulsalam: Yemeni Rocket Force To Strike UAE Depth Next - Yemen Extra, September 18, 2019
May 14, Drone strike on Aramco pipeline
- Saudi shuts main oil pipeline after Huthi drone attacks - AFP, May 14, 2019
- Saudi halts pumping on major oil pipeline after Yemeni drone strike - PressTV, May 14, 2019
- ANSAR ALLAH DRONE ATTACK FORCES SAUDI ARABIA TO STOP PUMPING ON MAJOR OIL PIPELINE - SouthFront, May 14, 2019
- Yemeni Drones Increasingly a Risk to Saudis, UAE, 7 Drones Target Vital Saudi Facilities - Almasirah, May 14, 2019
- Defense Ministry Document Reveals Saudis' Panic after Yemeni Attacks - Fars News Agency, May 15, 2019
- Arab Media: Yemen Carries Out 10 Undeclared Military Operations in S. Arabia - Fars news Agency, May 15, 2019
August 17, Drone attack on a remote Saudi oil field
- Yemen rebel drone attack targets remote Saudi oil field - PBS, August 17, 2019
- Yemen attacks Saudi oil field at Shaybah with 10 drones: TV - PressTV August 17, 2019
- OPERATION DETERRENT BALANCE 1: TEN HOUTHI DRONES STRIKE SUPER-GIANT SAUDI OIL FIELD - Southfront August 17, 2019
- Hussite attacks on Saudi Arabia - Cassad, August 18, 2019
- (a critical review of MoA article).
- Houthis Strike Oil Field Deep Inside Saudi Arabia - Antiwar.com August 18, 2019
- SATELLITE IMAGES SHOW AFTERMATH OF HOUTHI DRONE ATTACK ON SAUDI SHAYBAH OIL FIELD - Southfront August 18, 2019
- Advanced Drone Engines Used in Yemen’s Aramco Attack in Saudi Arabia - Tasnim News Agency September 16, 2019
Sept 14, Drones strike Aramco facilities
'Balance of deterence 4'
Pro- Yemeni sources
June 23: Eastern Lion Pro-Houthi Yemeni Armed Forces targeted the Saudi MoD building, HQ of Intelligence, Salman Air Base in Riyadh and other military positions in Jizan and Najran with Zulfiqar ballistic missiles, Quds-1 cruise missiles and Samad-3 suicide drones. Unconfirmed reports that some high-ranking Saudi officers, two American intelligence officers and a British intelligence officer were killed in Houthi's operation.
Nasser Arrabyee The large scale operation on Saudi Arabia today Hit targets in the Saudi capital Riyadh,and south of Saudi Arabia:Najran and Jaizan. In Riyadh, the drones and ballistic and winged missiles hit the ministry of defense,the headquarters of intelligence,among other vital targets.
- Yemeni Armed Forces Conduct Large-scale Attack ’4th Balanced Deterrence Op’ Deep in Saudi Arabia - Al Masirah, June 23, 2020
- Detail of Ansar Allah missile and drone attacks on Saudi Arbaia - ISWNews, June 23, 2020
- ANSAR ALLAH LAUNCHES MASSIVE DRONE & MISSILE STRIKE ON RIYADH, POSITIONS OF SAUDI-LED COALITION - SouthFront, June 23, 2020
June 23: UK Foreign Secretary condemns the attack.
- Smoke seen, explosions heard over Riyadh, Saudi Arabia - NBC, June 23
- HOUTHIS SAY US DIPLOMATS LEAVING SAUDI ARABIA DUE TO EXPECTED ‘SURPRISES’ FROM YEMEN - Southfront, July 6, 2017
July 3, Najran and Khamis Mushait
- RusiNews Facebook - ′′ With God's help and grace, the air force spokesman Yahya Srya said: ′′ The air force managed to carry out a wide operation this afternoon towards Khamis Mushait and Najran with a large number of planes (2 K) targeting the operating room And control of Najran airport, armory and plane stores at King Khalid Air Base in Khamis Mushait and other military targets ". He added: ′′ Planes hit their targets with high precision ". For its part, the Arab Alliance in Yemen announced earlier today that its forces destroyed 4 bomb drones launched by the Houthis towards Saudi Arabia
- Yemen: General Sarea Announces Large Scale Drone Attack om Khamis Msheit, Najran - Al Manar, July 3, 2020
- Yemeni Drones Hit Positions Deep in Saudi Arabia - Al Masirah, July 4, 2020
July 12, Najran and Khamis Mushait
- Details of Ansar Allah’s recent operation in south of Saudi Arabia and Marib - ISWNews, July 13, 2020
Abha airport KSA, Sept 8
- Houthis target Saudi Abha International Airport with drones for 2nd time in 24 hours, vow to continue until blockade is lifted - RT, September 8, 2020
- Yemen Army Launches Fresh Attack on Saudi Airport - Tasnim News Agency, September 8, 2020
- Arab Coalition intercepts drone fired at civilians in southern Saudi Arabia - The National, September 8, 2020
Abha airport KSA, February 10, 2021
- HOUTHIS STRIKE AIRPORT IN SOUTHERN SAUDI ARABIA WITH SUICIDE DRONES. KINGDOM CONFIRMS LOSSES (PHOTOS) - SouthFront, February 10, 2021
- Yemen's Houthis attack Saudi Arabia's Abha airport - MEE, February 10, 2021
- Operation Deterrent Balance 5: Houthis Attacked Saudi Capital, Southern Region With Ballistic Missile, 16 Drones - Southfront, February 28, 2021
- Saudi Arabia ‘intercepts ballistic missile over Riyadh’ - Al Jazeera, February 28, 2021
- Yemeni Forces Launch Fresh Retaliatory Drone Strikes at Targets in Saudi Arabia - Islam Times, March 5, 2021
- Mar 26: Yemeni armed forces spokesman on Twitter - The armed forces targeted military and vital headquarters :and facilities of the Saudi enemy in a joint military operation (Operation National Resilience Day) with 18 drones and eight ballistic missiles...Aramco's facility in Ras al-Tanura, Rabag, Yanbu, Jizan and King Abdulaziz Base in Dammam were targeted by 12 sammad3 drone and eight ballistic missiles type Zulfiqar, Badr, and Sa'ir... Other military positions in Najran and Assir were targeted by six Qasef 2K-type drones.The operations successfully achieved its objectives.
- April 11
- Yahya Sare'e on Twitter - Aramco refineries in Jeddah and Jubail are targeted with 10 Sammad 3 drones... ::Targeting sensitive military sites in the Khamis Mushit and Jizan areas with five Qassaf -2K drones and two Badr 1 ballistic missiles.
- The Houthi's Operation "Thirty of Shaban" is the group's third major cross-border attack on Saudi Arabia since March. No damage was reported, despite Houthi claims they had ::struck refineries in Jeddah and Jubail with Sammad-3 drones. Ambrey Intelligence on Twitter
- Press TV - Earlier Monday, an international airport in Saudi Arabia’s ::Jeddah was temporarily closed due to a military activity in the vicinity of the city, an aviation news website saya, with Yemen warning that the kingdom uses its airports for ::military purposes. Simple Flying reported on Monday that flights due to arrive in King Abdulaziz International Airport in Jeddah are diverting to other airports around Saudi :: Arabia
- Flight disruption reported by @Tomas40916602
- April 14 - Jizan
- Ansar Allah missile and drone attacks on Saudi Arabia’s Jizan + Video - ISWNews, April 15, 2021
- Mohammed al Shami on Twitter - Footage going viral, said to be from tonight's attack, recorded by #Saudi citizens.
- The Yemeni Rocketry Force and Air Force have carried out a joint operation using 11 missiles and drones against Saudi Arabia’s Aramco oil giant, Patriot platforms and other sensitive targets in the kingdom’s southwestern Jizan region. - Al Masirah, April 15, 2021
- Video: Google Maps of the targeted Jizan Aramco Refinery Facilities @Abotaleb_H
Attacks on King Khaled air base
- Yemeni Army hits Aramco, Malik Khalid Air Base - Mehr News Agency, April 7, 2021
- 'King Khalid' base targeted by Yemeni drone - Mehr News Agency, April 21, 2021
- Saudi-led Coalition Reportedly Destroyed Houthi Drone Launched Against Kingdom - Sputnil, April 21, 2021
- Video: Yemeni army launches drone strike against King Khalid Air Base in Saudi Arabia - ELJO NEWS 2000, April 29, 2021
November 20: 8th balance of deterrence operation
- Video Twitter: Statement of " the eighth Balance of Deterrence" operation. - Yahya Saree
- Operation Deterrent Balance 8: Houthis Attack Saudi Arabia With 14 Suicide Drones - Southfront, November 20, 2021
- Saudi Airbase, Aramco Refinery Targeted in Yemeni Drone Attacks - Tasnim News Agency, November 21, 2021
- SAUDI CROWN PRINCE CALLS ON HOUTHIS TO JOIN PEACE TALKS IN EXCHANGE FOR FINANCIAL SUPPORT - Southfront, April 28, 2021
- British drone striking missiles may head to Saudi Arabia after oil field attacks - Dan Hastings, Daily Express, November 17, 2021
- Yemeni army carries out retaliatory attack on Saudi airport - The Cradle, February 10, 2022
Operation Breaking The Siege
- Saree reveals details of Yemeni Operation Break Siege I - Al Mayadeen, March 11, 2022
- Houthis Claim Responsibility For Large-Scale Attack On Saudi Oil Facilities - Southfront, March 11, 2021
- Ansar Allah Revealed Details of ‘Operation Break Siege 2’ - ISWNews, March 20, 2022
- Breaking The Siege 2: Houthis Claim Responsibility For Large-Scale Attack On Saudi Arabia - Southfront, March 20, 2022
- Yemen’s defense minister threatens the Saudi and UAE aggressors -YemenExtra, March 25, 2022
- Houthis Claim Responsibility For Major Aramco Facility Attack; Saudis Intercept Inbound Drones - Zero Hedge, March 25, 2022
- New Large-Scale Attack With Missiles & Drone Targets Vital Saudi Facilities (Videos, Photos) - SouthFront, March 25, 2022
Righteous Promise Brigade
- Mysterious Group Claims Responsibility For Recent Attack On Saudi Capital - Southfront, January 24, 2022
- UAE blocks drone attack claimed by obscure Iraqi militia - MEE, February 3, 2022
- ISIS Attack in Iraq Spawns New Pro-Iran Extremist Militia, and It Immediately Attacks Saudi Arabia - Nolan Peterson, Coffee or Die, February 3, 2022
Yemeni missiles and drones
- With New “Smart” Missile, Yemen Hopes to Level Playing Field in Saudi War - Ahmed Abdulkareem, Mint Press News, October 30, 2018
- UN Probes Long-Range Houthi Drone Technology - James Reinl February 18, 2019
- Bomb-laden drones of Yemen rebels threaten Arabian Peninsula - Associated Press May 16, 2019
- U.N. investigators said the Houthis’ new UAV-X drone, found in recent months during the Saudi-led coalition’s war in Yemen, likely has a range of up to 1,500 kilometers (930 miles).
- Yemeni armed forces display new domestically-built missiles, drones - Yemen Press, July 7, 2019
- Missiles And Drones: A Close Look At Houthis' New Weapons - SouthFront July 7, 2019
- How cheap drones are shifting the strategic balance in West Asia - Prabir Purkayastha, Salon, September 5, 2019
- MEET THE QUDS 1 - Fabian Hinz. Arms Control Wonk, September 15, 2019
- The Quds-1 - Jet Guy One, September 24, 2019 (update)
- New Evidence Suggests Houthis’ Quds-1 Cruise Missile Originates From Iran - SouthFront, October 3, 2019
- Report: Yemen’s Houthis now sporting deadlier drones - Jack Detsch, al-Monitor, February 19, 2020
Displayed at a Saudi military base, Al-Kharj, Saudi Arabia June 21, 2019. REUTERS/Stephen Kalin:
- A projectile and a drone launched at Saudi Arabia by Yemen's Houthis
- A missile launched at Saudi Arabia by Yemen's Houthis
- A projectile launched at Saudi Arabia by Yemen's Houthis
- Somehow servicing and transporting markings are in the Russian language; that would be used anywhere in the USSR and possibly parts of the Eastern block.
- Marks | 0. ?? (or o.??)
- Type of work
- Fueling | г ? (fuel? )| o? (oxidizer/oxygen)? | ???
- Installation| вд?? |бч (warhead?)
- Checking| с| а (meaning unknown)
- A cruise missile launched last week at Saudi Arabia's Abha airport by Yemen's Houthis
- A missile launched at Saudi Arabia by Yemen's Houthis
- Saudis reveal ‘evidence’ Iran behind oil attacks - Channel 4 News, September 18, 2019 (video)
- Nikki Haley: Missile wreckage proves Iran is violating rules on weapons transfers - Joel Gehrke, Washington Examiner, December 14, 2017 (includes video)
- In first, U.S. presents its evidence of Iran weaponry from Yemen - Phil Stewart, Reuters, December 14, 2017
- U.S. Accuses Iran of U.N. Violation, but Evidence Falls Short - The New York Times, December 14, 2017
- American officials showcased weapons thought to be used by Iran-backed rebels in Yemen but failed to show how they proved Iran violated an international agreement.
- Seven reasons to reject the accusations of supplying Yemenis with 'Iranian' missiles - Filip Vuković, Balkans Post, December 15, 2017
- Propaganda Aiming to Prove Iran Supplied Missiles Backfires - Scott Ritter, The American Conservative, December 26, 2017
- The US Is Blatantly Telling Lies as It Tries to Turn the World Against Iran - Darius Shahtahmasebi, Antimedia, December 28, 2017
- US Reportedly Finds ‘Significant Cache’ of Iranian Missile Parts Being Smuggled to Houthis by Boat - Sputnik, December 5, 2019
- “Deterrent Balance 6” - Patrick Lang, March 8, 2021
- When I was Defense Attaché at the US embassy in Sanaa in the early 80s the YAR army was busy acquiring Soviet SCUDs and seeking to master the art of ballistic missile. They made steady progress while I watched. That progress has continued through the decades and the idea that the aerospace forces that the Houthis are allied with cannot use aerial weapons is simply racism.
- Timeline: Houthis' drone and missile attacks on Saudi targets - Al Jazeera, September 14, 2019
- Houthis Use Armed Drone to Target Yemeni Army Top Brass - Nick Waters. Bellincat, January 10, 2019
- Analysis: Saudi Arabian Air and Missile Defences - Amir, Iran GeoMil, May 16, 2019
- ‘This Is Popular Resistance’: US War With Iran Spells Victory for Houthis in Yemen - Sputnik, June 27, 2019 (Mohammad Marandi interviewed)
- The Saudis Learn the Term “Asymmetric Response” - Tom Luongo, August 18, 2019
- How cheap drones are shifting the strategic balance in West Asia - Prabir Purkayastha, Salon, September 5, 2019
- Costly Saudi defences prove no match for drones, cruise missiles - Reuters, September 17, 2019
- How the Houthis overturned the chessboard - Pepe Escobar, Asia Times, September 18, 2019
- the U.S. accept that there is a new strategic balance in the Middle East? - Prabir Purkayastha, Salon, September 21, 2019