Greetings! You sound like someone who came to contribute, but we block those who don't say at least something. So, you should say something, here or anywhere. --Caustic Logic (talk) 02:16, 28 October 2013 (UTC)
- To clarify, we really welcome new members who are real, into our friendly but hectic community. But we also deal with junk/spam/zombie accounts, even with promisingly technical names. Okay, seldom ones with promising names. I don't think I want to block you now or later, but I wouldn't mind spurring you to follow through and contribute. If you don't know wiki markup language, see community portal ... the side-link is missing ATM? Well, see here, then, for typing tips. You may have heard you need a confirmation e-mail first, but sometimes it never comes I hear, but it turns out you can start typing anyway. So as soon as you're ready, give it a try, and go to town here, on one of our talk pages, on a subject page or talk page. I'm curious to see what it is. Cheers! -Adam --Caustic Logic (talk) 07:54, 28 October 2013 (UTC)
Hey PavewayIV, with your latest edit on the Main page talk you deleted two of mine and one of Caustic Logic's edits, in different parts of the page (no problem, I restored them). I wondered how that can happen and came to the conclusion that you must have edited an old version of the page, maybe through clicking on a "diff" or "hist" link in the Recent Pages view. The best way to edit is to go to the current form of the page by clicking on its link, and then go to the subsection you want to edit and click the "edit" link right next to its headline. Like the one right next to "edit ---->" just above. ;o) This way you make sure you edit the current version, and you have less code to navigate through. And you avoid editing conflicts with other users editing other sections of the page. Thanks! --CE (talk) 11:22, 2 October 2016 (UTC)
- Sorry! I'm kind of confused how I could have done that. I know it's possible to edit a revision, but it says that it's a revision/diff right at the top of the page when you're looking at it. In any case, I'll make sure to go in to edit off the current page. I wonder if I had more than one window open on it at the time for some reason? Hmm..
A message from PavewayIV via Moon of Alabama
- Petri - I've been trying to get my ShoutWiki password reset for almost as long as I had that account. I thought it was linked to my gmail account, but I never get a reset email and emails to support have gone unanswered. I have no idea what other email I might have used when I created the account. I'm not married to the PavewayIV ID, but surely there must be some way to get the damn thing reset through the ShoutWiki gods without me having to create a PavewayV ID.
- Posted by: PavewayIV | Sep 26, 2016 8:12:14 AM | 86
- Make sure to check the "Email me a copy of my message", maybe you will be able to see in the headers where it went and tell him through some other channel. I don't think I can do anything more here than you can. Including asking one of the staffers to reset the account. --CE (talk) 14:38, 26 September 2016 (UTC)
There a page for resetting a password at Special:PasswordReset. Go there and just fill in your username or email address. In fact I already reset the password for PavewayIV: "A password reset email has been sent." -- Petri Krohn (talk) 17:41, 26 September 2016 (UTC)
- If nothing else work, can insert underscore or space in username so it is visually the same, Paveway_IV , etc --Resup (talk) 18:11, 26 September 2016 (UTC)
As user page now notes, PavewayIV is back! I too thank the others for help - I would have, but it all happened in my down hours/etc. Paveway, welcome back. I thought you just didn't like us. :) --Caustic Logic (talk) 07:57, 27 September 2016 (UTC)
- Welcome back, PavewayIV. One tip: Everything here looks very disorganized. Check Special:RecentChanges to see what's really happening. -- Petri Krohn (talk) 17:45, 27 September 2016 (UTC)
Sept. 19 Incident
Hey, PavewayIV ... you've been published on this, and I've muddied up our talk page a bit, etc. Does a dedicated space here maybe help you get some points through clearer than trying to wedge in there somewhere? We have a lot of questions you might help with, from the night attack videos and aftermath imagery, especially that odd crater by the boxes. No space shortage I know of, so I'll carve this out just in case. --Caustic Logic (talk) 10:37, 27 September 2016 (UTC)
- Good God this interface baffles me. I didn't realize I could answer your question by editing this section <sigh>. But by all means, CL - whatever works best from your standpoint. Happy to help however I can. I'm just a bit pressed for time as of late, so I may disappear for a day or two at times. There are these odd, smallish human beings that have developed a kind of parasitic relationship with me. I thought they were elves, but I'm told they're my children. In any case, they seem to require a lot of feeding and other care when I get back from work. --PavewayIV (talk) 03:24, 28 September 2016 (UTC)