US information war
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Hoisting the false flag - Stephen Kinzer. Boston Globe, April 27, 2018 (Guatemalan 1954)
- White Propaganda and Perception Management: the origins of 'chemical weapons' false flag operations - globinfo, April 21, 2018 (Nicaragua 1980s)
- How Covert Agents Infiltrate the Internet to Manipulate Decieve, and Destroy Reputations - Glenn Greenwald, The Intercept, February 25, 2014
- Weaponizing Wikipedia- What Invasion Scale Info War Is - George Eliason, Washington’s Blog, March 21, 2015 (mirror: Prison Planet)
- The Doors of Perception: Why Americans Will Believe Almost Anything - Tim O’Shea, Information Clearing House, August 4, 2018
- Documents Show Private Intelligence Web Behind Global Surveillance Program - Max Blumenthal / Grayzone Project, TruthDig, June 5, 2018
- HBGary aimed to develop a “persona management” system for the US Air Force that enabled users to spam social media with replies from users with false but detailed personas that gave the impression of organic consensus. The project outlined in the emails closely resembles the kind of troll and bot farms that have gained infamy amid America’s furor over Russian meddling, however, this one was made in the USA.
- Psychoanalysing NATO: Projection - Patrick Armstrong, Strategic Culture, July 3, 2018
- Opinion | The CIA funded a culture war against communism. It should do so again. - Sonny Bunch, Washington Post, August 22, 2018
- The Washington Post Wants To Revive A CIA Sponsored Culture war Against Communism - Addison dePitt, Greanville Post, August 23, 2018
- Tech Companies Are Gathering For A Secret Meeting To Prepare A 2018 Election Strategy - Kevin Collier, BuzzFeed, August 23, 2018
- UK to Create 2,000-Strong Cyberforce to Counter 'Russia Threat' - Reports - Sputnik, September 21, 2018
- Revealed: US spy operation that manipulates social media - The Guardian, March 17, 2011
- Military's 'sock puppet' software creates fake online identities to spread pro-American propaganda
- CIA Trolls Infect the Net - Susanne Posel, Occupy Corporatism, December 1, 2012
- British army creates team of Facebook warriors - Ewen MacAskill, The Guardian, January 31, 2015
- The British army is creating a special force of Facebook warriors, skilled in psychological operations and use of social media to engage in unconventional warfare in the information age. The 77th Brigade, to be based in Hermitage, near Newbury, in Berkshire, will be about 1,500-strong and formed of units drawn from across the army. It will formally come into being in April.
- The brigade will be responsible for what is described as non-lethal warfare. Both the Israeli and US army already engage heavily in psychological operations. Against a background of 24-hour news, smartphones and social media, such as Facebook and Twitter, the force will attempt to control the narrative. The 77th will include regulars and reservists and recruitment will begin in the spring. Soldiers with journalism skills and familiarity with social media are among those being sought.
- British Army Creates Facebook Soldiers - Thomas Tamblyn, The Huffington Post UK, February 2, 2015
- The British Army has announced the creation of a brand new brigade whose sole task will be to wage a war on social media. The 77th Brigade will comprise of 1,500 specially trained soldiers who have been hand-picked from regular service and will begin waging a war of words on Facebook and Twitter.
- CIA-Sponsored Trolls Monitor Internet & Interact With Users to Discredit Factual Information
- New British Army unit 'Brigade 77' to use Facebook and Twitter in psychological warfare - INDEPENDENT.CO.UK
- The British military is setting up a specialist force modelled on the Chindits, the commandos who gained renown through their daring missions behind enemy...
- America Goes Large: Obama Wants Huge Budget for His Anti-Russian Troll Army - Sputnik, 14.04.2015
- EU declares information war on Russia Task force will start trying to win hearts and minds in eastern partnership countries next month, James Panichi, Politico.eu, August 27, 2015
- BBC to face down Vladimir Putin with plan for new World Service Russian TV channel, The Independent, September 5, 2015
- A troll story in 4 screenshots - OffGuardian, September 29, 2015
- NATO looks to combat Russia's 'information weapon': document, Reuters, Jan. 27, 2016.
- This is a comment of a pro-Ukrainian Russian speaker on a Ukrainian mirrored version of the recent BBC Panorama (failed) attempt:
- Well, I think that any vatnik knows about this, but they perceived it quite well, on the contrary, they are proud of their king that he is so rich. Vatnik is in shit up to his ears, yet can feel the happiness of contemplating the splendor and majesty of the king! And there is no greater joy for a slave than this! (NATO psy-op committee may need to carefully study this comment )
- Cold War Scare: US Propaganda Budget Reaches All-Time High, Sputnik, February 13, 2016
- Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG) budget to increase by $27 million to $778 million, after 2015 increase by $30 million.
- Hamilton 68 A DASHBOARD TRACKING RUSSIAN PROPAGANDA ON TWITTER , August 2017 (about)
- Mission statement: In 2016, American democracy came under unprecedented attack. The government of the Russian Federation attempted to weaken the pillars of our democracy and undermine faith and confidence in our society’s most fundamental right — the ability to choose our own leaders ....(etc)
- Q. How does Russian influence online work? There are three types of accounts promoting Russian influence online:
- Attributed accounts that clearly state they are pro-Russian or affiliated with the Russian government.
- Accounts (including both bots and humans) that are run by troll factories in Russia and elsewhere.
- Accounts run by people around the world who amplify pro-Russian themes either knowingly or unknowingly, after being influenced by the efforts described above.
- The accounts tracked by the dashboard include a mix of such users and is the fruit of more than three years of observation and monitoring.We believe this sample network is representative of a specific Russian campaign targeting Americans.
- FBI tracked 'fake news' believed to be from Russia on Election Day -CNN, 4 August, 2017
- For the FBI, this was uncomfortable territory, given the First Amendment's free speech protections even for fake news stories. "We were right on the edge of Constitutional legality," a person briefed on the investigation said. "We were monitoring news."
- "Are you kidding?" that official recalled saying to others at the White House as they celebrated a successful election. "What they did worked!"
- Apparently automatic monitoring (Hamilton 68 and the like) provides a fix for 'the edge of Constitutional legality'
- Reporter says ‘Russian propaganda outlet’ pushed him to cover conspiracy theory at the center of a White House lawsuit - Yahoo News, August 2, 2017
- Inside the British Army's secret information warfare machine - Carl Miller, Wired, November 14, 2018
- Shadowy British Military Intelligence Division 77th Brigade's Twitter Hacked - Sputnik, February 22, 2019
- Infosotakeskus teki pelottavan havainnon Venäjän vaikuttamisesta sosiaalisessa mediassa – ”Kaikki on avoimesti saatavilla” - Ilta-Sanomat, February 26, 2019 (in Finnish)
NATO assault team fly choppers across the border to rescue CIA covert outpost in a pro-Russian rebels town in LPR, and commented by opolchenie member nickname 'Vatnik'
- Zhanna Nemtsova show (nothing against the person; but the show is more virulent than McCain and in my view is an embarrassment)
- Elkin. Got some talent, prior to propulsion into massmedia.
- Quality poisonous humor attempt, probably produced by expats and paid for and effected by DW. Putin as spy goodies-oldies Stierlitz, Lukashenko as his agent and barista, Trump as Stierlitz wife, and Merkel as her husband, here. More of the same in large quantities on that channel. The original, a super-classic, here. --Resup (talk) 00:04, 27 June 2018 (UTC)
- 'Putin-Trump in Paris', HQ propaganda, Nov.11, 2018
- 'Putin' character: "I loved you from the first sight, let your FBI check it // I made it so that you won, at least they all believe it // I poisoned the Skripals, and teared off part of Donbass // So that you would pay attention and not treat me as a pidoras (faggot; не держал за пидораса-Rus.)...
- Merkel refrain, with Macron assisting: ...not a pair, not a pair...Volodya and Donald, to be honest, they are not a pair. not a pair, not a pair...
- Society Is Made Of Narrative. Realizing This Is Awakening From The Matrix - Caitlin Johnstone, August 22, 2018
- NATO Coordinates Information War on Russia - Strategic Culture, October 5, 2018
- How The U.S. Runs Public Relations Campaigns - Trump Style - Against Russia And China - Moon of Alabama, October 5, 2018
- The US military’s vision for state censorship - Andre Damon, The Greanville Post, October 5, 2018
- NATO Coordinates Information War on Russia - Strategic Culture, October 5, 2018
- How The U.S. Redoubled Its Propaganda Power, Overthrew Ukraine’s Government, & Restarted The Cold War - Revolution Dispatch, July 27, 2019