Tekkim Chemical Test Video
The video may be a recreation of a Cold War era US Army movie demonstrating the effects of VX nerve gas on three rabbits.
The video's authenticity of it is not at all certain, but until it's clear the thing is fake, the implications are grave enough it's clearly worth a closer look. The following is incomplete. Please see the discussion page for some of the information being discussed prior to inclusion here.
The Video Source
The video embedded at Syria Tribune was published the day before by the same Syria Tribune , although it's apparently not the original posting. Who made the original posting and how they obtained it is not yet clear.
The Syria Tube has a posting that still works in 2016. تهديد بإستخدام الكيماوي من قبل كتائب القاعدة في سوريا
The location appears to be a wealthy person's home, not a proper lab. It's not visibly clear at all where it is - Syria, Turkey, or elsewhere. The laboratory glassware on the Bunsen burner is labeled Lamtek, based in Istanbul.
(more forthcoming ...)
One unusual, smaller container of dark, reddish powder bears different markings (unreadable) that stand out in a possibly ominous way. This may be more of the first substance shown in larger jugs, labeled potassium permanganate, likely one of the two substances used in the demonstration on the rabbits.
The Poison Used
Chlorine turns back to hydrochloric acid as soon as it contacts water, and so it attacks moist tissues (eyes, airways, etc.). The rabbits' response is consistent; they don't like breathing it, and blink their eyes as if irritated. The white rabbit doesn't just blink but squeezes its eyes shut most of the time, and also seems to sort of sneeze or cough a few times, and might be bleeding from the nose. Eventually it seems they both die of suffocation. See talk page for more detail.
This seems to be the method of producing chlorine that was used in the March 16, 2015 incident in Sarmin, causing the red-purple puddles all over the alleged Taleb family home. But of course it's not what killed the babies shown dying on video, who don't seem to have been touched by chlorine. (see here for details.)
Press TV reported on December 23, as allegations of a rebel gas attack in Daraya came in, that there was at least one later video showing rabbits killed with contaminated water, adding a dangerous twist to their alleged capabilities and intent.
- Foreign-backed militants have repeatedly threatened to use chemical weapons against the army and pro-government civilians in recent days. They have also threatened to contaminate Syria's drinking water supply in a bid to kill all Alawite Shias and the supporters of President Bashar al-Assad. The threat was made in a video posted on YouTube in which militants tested water contaminated with a lethal mixture on lab rabbits. The rabbits stopped breathing and their chests swelled shortly after drinking the poisoned water. The militants had earlier released a footage in which lab rabbits were killed by inhaling poisonous gas. 
The actual video, etc., forthcoming...
- A troubling video appears on YouTube showing rebel fighters testing chemical weapons in Syria Syria Tribune, December 6, 2012 03:54
- US Army Nerve Agent Experiments on Rabbits – National Archives and Records Administration Film File
- Syria Rebels testing Tekkim chemicals to use as chem weapons - Youtube video Uploaded by Syria Tribune, December 5, 2012 (link not allowed)
- Syria militants use chemical weapons against Syrian forces Press TV, Sunday Dec 23, 201202:35 PM GMT