Talk:Ukrainian Armed Forces
Oliver Carroll on Twitter
- What I learned from trip into the ceasefire today
- volunteer battalions laugh at ceasefire talk
- fighters believe Poroshenko capitulated
- Lysychansk may be next battleground, lots of diversionary antics already
- Ukraine forces digging in positions far away from current frontlines
- Russian FM contributed this photo to illustrate the point 'Let's hope that this is not the mobilization of veterans on digging out trenches of the Cold War.'--Resup (talk) 23:27, 14 September 2014 (UTC)
- Aidar battalion commander: "Luhansk and South of Luhansk already lost"
- Ossetia / Transnistria being formed as we speak…
- Aidar battalion commander "Rubezh": the only thing standing between the politicians and Ukraine giving away the whole of Luhansk region is Aidar
Victor Zubritskii, producer (tv channel 112), Ukraine. Google translate: "HARD NUMERIC At the beginning of 2014 we have 168,000 troops Since March 19, began to form battalions of territorial defense. There are at least 26, according to other sources about 32 (usually the number to 800, but we like to 423 soldiers) of approximately 11,000 people Police officers in Ukraine in November 2013 261000. Less dismissed Avakov and who then went over to the DNR and LC 17000 is 244000 people. Probably involved in the ATO - about 20,000-40,000 people SBU quickly found no exact data, but about 33,500 people. Let ATU 3000 people is Special units of the Interior Ministry and the Security Service about 41,000 people At the beginning of the year was 774 tanks and many APCs, BMP, BRDM 160 combat aircraft and 25 vehicles It is so brief and superficial. On the other hand militia fighters separatists 15,000-20,000 people. And wandering rumors about 1000-2000 the Russian regular army, which have no fixed or satellites or the camera gear, even on a mobile ... Completion information: Poroshenko said that during the truce we succeeded (!!!) releasing from captivity 1200 Ukrainian POWs and will soon release another 853. " --Resup (talk) 10:49, 19 September 2014 (UTC) Does it not seem strange at least some comparison of these armies and their victories?"
Multiple Rocket Launchers
Self-propelled Artillery Guns
Tanks from Chernobyl
It was reported that tanks from Chernobyl were used by UAF; opolchenie is shown checking radiation, using дп-5б Geiger counter dosimeter (Soviet Army). Radiation is clearly well above background near the tank. It looks like he has dial on x 1 (hard to see; higher multiple means more sensitive regime, according to some online instructions). If he has it on x 1, it shows something like 2 mili-roentgen/hour. Annual dosage is smth like 200 mR; so, it will take some 4 days to get the annual dosage. Not a horror, but not pleasant either. Actually, a caption at (2.14) tells it is 150 microR/hour, i.e 0.15 mR/hr and 40 days to get annual dosage; if so, "better". --Resup (talk) 20:23, 26 September 2014 (UTC)
Cassad posted some Ukrainian documents captured in Debaltsevo, detailing some battle orders. Also in this article, photos of a burnt vehicle in Ugelgorsk. It does not look as Soviet. But also, it does not look like anything on a modern list here. Any clues? --Resup (talk) 17:42, 14 June 2015 (UTC)
Reports in the news that several train wagons of ammunition arrived here and there; is this a lot or not? Some sources say that 'for one fully loaded Grad battery shot, one train wagon is required, and some say half wagon. Battery is probably 8 launcher cars, 40 barrels each. This is strange a bit, 40 missiles in crates is about 2.7 tons weight and 3.1 m^3 volume. Standard covered train wagon is 60 ton, 120 m^3 l weight is more restrictive but still allows 22 *40 missiles. So somehow it is not allowed to fully pack the wagon, only some 20 tons allowed. Same source tells that 300 artillery shells of 122 mm takes half a wagon, and this is the amount needed to (fully) destroy one enemy artillery gun. Anyway, couple of wagons seems to be not a lot. 'Several trains arriving per day' is needed for a warfare, in this source estimate. --Resup (talk) 16:54, 22 October 2016 (UTC)
Advanced Western Weapons
Report: attempted purchases from Germany (TELEFUNKEN RACOMS) . This company specializes in modern intelligence, reconnaissance, imaging, targeting, etc. equipment. --Resup (talk) 11:37, 27 September 2014 (UTC)
Cyber Berkut leak
As Zero Hedge reports, Cyber Berkut strikes again and claims to have hacked a "mobile device" of a member of Joe Biden's entourage while they visited Kiev the other day. That unearthed a number of documents showing the extent to which the US is throwing money and equipment, including "lethal", at the Ukrainian army. Who would have thought? --CE (talk) 12:58, 26 November 2014 (UTC)
Losses of armor
- The best part of the entire Ukrainian armored vehicles destroyed in the Donbas, in reserves for mobilization "just cannon fodder." This was announced on the TV channel "Inter" said Ukrainian military expert Dmitry Tymchuk.
- Video: 60% of Ukrainian art in the Donbas incapacitated - Tymchuk – 09/21/14
President Poroshenko now says the same thing:
- На передовой АТО Украина потеряла более половины военной техники (Ukraine ATO has lost more than half of military equipment on the front) – Segodnya.ua, 22 September 2014
- "Right now I can say this, because it no longer existsthat 60-65% of the military equipment in the units which were on the front lines, has been destroyed and they have nothing with which to defend themselves." - said Poroshenko in an interview to Ukrainian TV channels, released on Sunday evening.