Talk:US covert war on Syria
From A Closer Look On Syria
- This is a talk page for discussing US covert war on Syria. For sources, claims and narratives see the main page. (To see what is hot, see recent changes)
US involvement in Syria?
We should rename this article to something covering all forms of US involvement in the Syrian civil war.
Anyway, here is a useful reference:
- Dodgy Turks: ‘NATO Ally’ Helped al Qaida To Kidnap New US-trained Rebel Fighters - 21WIRE, August 26, 2015
- Fake news and false flags: How the Pentagon paid a British PR firm $500M for top secret Iraq propaganda - The Bureau of Investigative Journalism, October 2, 2016
- Well, those PR guys would not do it for free, and somebody has to pay... As presented, electronic surveillance of viewers IP addresses is a new element here. But the whole theme has a long history. E.g, see below. And hat we see right now, goes another extra mile... --Resup (talk) 04:11, 3 October 2016 (UTC)
- 'CIA Admitted To Staging Fake Jihadist Videos In 2010', Infowars, Sept. 3, 2014
- CIA unit's wacky idea: Depict Saddam as gay, by Jeff Stein, Washington post blog, 25.5.2010
- Fake videos of jihadists, Saddam, etc, were made for PR and propaganda purposes. Result, largely failure.
- In Afghanistan, there were several programs to gain support of local population. It was straightforward, no fake news, no false flags. Result, largely failure.
- In Iraq, leaflets were dropped telling units they will be destroyed unless they surrender, and many did surrender. (Success).
- In WW2, British convinced Germans that invasion will be at Calais, and used staged BBC 'English lessons' to implant an impression that if Germans try to cross the channel, they will be burned by mystery fire and drown in cold water (link somewhere). Result, success.
- Alexander the Great (350 BC) used fake left over oversize body armor to make an impression that his army consists of giants.Result, success.
- Sun Tzy, The Art of War, 5th century BC . Result, became a classic