Talk:September 26, the Deadliest Day
LCC (and other) Videos
No wonder it took so long to load. This is a huge list, showing many many horrible scenes from the widespread nickle-and-dime massacres of Sept. 26, but especially those from the sizable slaughter in Al-Dhiyabia. Collected by the LCC, published together by Uruknet.
These should be linked under their city headings, and new headings will likely be needed. I'll add the whole page as a source in a moment. --Caustic Logic 19:55, 28 September 2012 (EST) Searching around, I stumbled across one video I don't think is listed at the LCC page. 18 Syria 2 Assad Executes Syria Golan Residents 9 26 12 Dictator Fears Israel but Kills Syrians. Looks arguably quite fake. Blood on chin, not definitely dead, a kind of knife (for pruning or something?) nearby with no blood. Location unexplained. Title ties in with another 18 Syria 3 Assad Executes Syria Golan Residents 9 26 12 Dictator Fears Israel but Kills Syrians which is in the LCC list as Martyrs in the Massacre Committed in Thiabieh, Damascus Suburbs. As noted around, still nofootage of these massacred women and children. I don't doubt such things can happen on such a day, but it's strangely un-proven so far. Reuters: "Some activists said women and children were also among the dead, but there was no footage of them available." --Caustic Logic 17:19, 30 September 2012 (EST)
Falsely attributed images
From the above, the very top is a still image. This is a scene from the Daraya massacre. I was unable to re-locate the source of that particular photo/still, but it's a definite match for the 28 tortured men and young boys (one looks three) laid out somewhere in Daraya one month ago. #22 in his red shirt over only his shoulders and his sliced throat can be made out.
- Wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be nothing but a media distraction from the blatant terrorist attacks and the sniping of Maya Naser in Damascus. Have seen nothing about this out of the propaganda axis SOHR-Guardian-CNN. Here's the documents.sy report with 126 victims announced for the day (which is a bit higher than usually atm, goes under hundred often). This could refer to the same town the "main event" is said to have taken place: "Eighteen bodies were found in al-Ziabia village of Damascus countryside, where anti-government activists accuse Syrian security forces for killing them." --CE 20:45, 28 September 2012 (EST)
- Oh, thanks! A rare bit of cross-time when we're both here and it's up. I don't know about this cycling everything through the talk page. I should do it more, but the main page is what people will see, and something like this can go right in there. But I'll copy it there now.
- Linda Juniper @LindaJuniper
- "Rebels" dug a photo of another Israeli atrocity, #Qana massacre in #Lebanon, posted it with claims that it's in #Syria pic.twitter.com/OvPc6QoV
- -- Petri Krohn 03:37, 29 September 2012 (EST)
The Gov.Assault on Churches
From the LCC dispatch there:
- Homs:: On Sept. 25th, the regime’s military shelled the Church of the Virgin Mary, also known as the "Um Zinar," during their four months military campaign and choking siege in the ancient quarters of Homs. The bombardment resulted in severe damage to the structure of the church building. According to observers (as confirmed by local activists), the contents of the building were also destroyed due to use of heavy artillery, mortar shells, and improvised explosive barrels by regime forces besieging the city. The Local Coordination Committees in Syria strongly condemn the regime’s practices against civilians’ private and public properties, including the targeting of Christian places of worship, with intent to spark sectarian strife among Syrians. Residents have been denied basic materials and access to any medical care under the imposed siege by regime forces.
--Caustic Logic 20:55, 28 September 2012 (EST)