Talk:Saudi Arabia attacks Yemen
- IRAN AND RUSSIA GIVE GULF STATES AND ALLIES A 24 HR DEADLINE TO STOP THE WAR ON YEMEN - Friends of Syria, March 31, 2015
- Warships have left the Russian and Iranian ports towards the Bab El-Mandab strait, and accordingly the Russians have warned the Gulf states from interfering in Yemen. Russia has given the ultimatum that if the war is not stopped in the next 24 hours, Russia will stop the war by force.
- Nothing in press from Russia, apart from Putin having his security council meeting. Ships movement, maybe, that does not go straight to press. Some hardware stuff always moves somewhere, that's rarely reported.
- Latest is, Russian Security council "also exchanged views on the situation in Yemen, including its potential impact on the global economic environment". --Resup (talk) 06:00, 31 March 2015 (UTC)
- This guy admits on the 27th that it isn't a real Reuters item. --CE (talk) 08:22, 31 March 2015 (UTC)
'Israeli Nuclear Attack?'
- See also Sub-kiloton blasts in Donetsk
- Saudis Have Israel Nuke Yemen for Them Hmmm... does this even need a de-bunk? Or can any relevant part of it actually be confirmed? --Caustic Logic (talk) 14:13, 23 May 2015 (UTC)
- Large explosion, exact nature unclear. Exploding petrol stations, and some Donetsk large night time blasts have some visual resemblance. Do not see any white pixels. N-bomb will likely knock off digicam or send lots of white noise at least--but here it is a high temperature halo, not pixel noise
- Earlier episode: 20.4. 15 Weapons, possibly scuds storage was hit in Sanaa. It was quite big fireball (videos) -conventional explosives of course-, than a mushroom smoke cloud . --Resup (talk) 16:32, 23 May 2015 (UTC)
- Exactly. Mushroom cloud does not mean nuclear, just powerful, a lot of heat/energy in a comfined space, funneling up, cooling, expanding, rolling back down. The static thing I didn't think about, but anyway, I bet there will be no Geiger counter readings in the area to support this, and not even anything to support that was an Israeli jet. --Caustic Logic (talk) 02:07, 24 May 2015 (UTC)
Port of Hodeidah
From a forwarded e-mail from activist Caleb Maupin, within the last hours, unverified but worth sharing:
- From the Port of Djibouti in North Africa, it is with great sadness and burning outrage that I announce that the voyage of the Iran Shahed Rescue Ship has concluded. We will not reach our destination at the Port of Hodiedah in Yemen to deliver humanitarian aid.
- The unsuccessful conclusion of our mission is the result of only one thing: US-backed Saudi Terrorism.
- Yesterday, as it appeared our arrival was imminent, the Saudi forces bombed the port of Hodiedah. They didn’t just bomb the port once, or even twice. The Saudi forces bombed the port of Hodiedah a total of eight times in a single day!
- The total number of innocent dock workers, sailors, longshoremen, and bystanders killed by these eight airstrikes is still being calculated.
- Furthermore, the Yemeni revolutionaries arrested 15 people yesterday, who were part of a conspiracy to attack our vessel. The plan was to attack the Iran Shahed when we arrived, and kill everyone onboard, including me.
- With its so many criminal threats and actions, the Saudi regime was sending a message to the crew of doctors, medical technicians, anesthesiologists, and other Red Crescent Society volunteers onboard the ship. The message was “If you try to help the hungry children of Yemen we will kill you.”
Saudi Tanks roll?
Rusnext:"The Saudis have made a direct invasion of Yemen. Hundreds of tanks and armored vehicles are moving towards Aden" - video (shows large column of tanks, rolling somewhere...) --Resup (talk) 18:14, 5 August 2015 (UTC)
- 'Anti-Houthi forces retake Yemen's largest army base', Aljazeera, 4.8.15 aljazeera.com
- 'Backed by Arab coalition assault, forces fighting with loyalists of exiled President Hadi take back al-Anad in Lahej'.
- 'Officials: Pro-government troops take much of Yemen province' by Ahmed Al Haj, AP, 5.8.2015, news.yahoo.