06.10 A teacher fired after a recording was made of telling some, most likely inaccurate, horror stories in class (Observation: contemporary schools are not like ancient Greek academies (a factory/assembly line is a closer analogy ) and normally are not, possibly with some exceptions, places for expressing viewpoints or conjectures about truth, no matter East or West. This does not mean it is exactly how it should be, as inability to argue a viewpoint leads to having to fight it on a battlefield. )
It is possible that conveyed by the teacher story was not accurate. Her exact words were recorded. Clearly firing her without correcting inaccurate information, providing (some) accurate information, and giving an opportunity for some sensible resolution, resolved nothing, and just compiled to the mis-information and mis-communication problems. --Resup (talk) 16:34, 10 October 2014 (UTC)
- Exact words don't matter, as you know. She was fired for being one of "them". But seems from the story the official reason is they found out (after 20+ years of working there) that she didn't have the necessary higher education qualifications to teach. Apart from (a) why and how would it be recorded and (b) if it was why they're not bring it as proof, I don't see anyone using extremes as quoted as the first approach to "converting" new students to a cause. This is just intimidation so everyone on the "wrong" side learns to shut up. KatKan (talk) 21:58, 10 October 2014 (UTC)
09.10.2014 - 18:07 Pro and anti Maidan demonstrations at the city administration building reported, attended by 'self-defense' in full gear, and separated by police. No clashes were reported.
10.10 report. Quoting Vladimir Shablienko, PR chief, Ministry of Foreign Affairs for Odessa region. A "separatist" posting some flyers get into altercation with ex-ATO "Шторм" (Storm) volunteer. "Separatist" disarmed and shot volunteer in the leg with volunteer's own traumatic weapon, than escaped. A suggestive, though likely not actual, photo is posted by rusvesna. --Resup (talk) 16:14, 10 October 2014 (UTC)
13.10 1tv news (8:50) Вячеслав Крук (Viacheslav Kruk), Odessian politician, announced withdrawal from elections, citing high pressure on him. Has been recently arrested by SBU, has to deal with legal matters. --Resup (talk) 23:06, 13 October 2014 (UTC)
Russvesna: "political repressions continue". 2 October: SBU arrested five supporters of antimaydan ("separatists"), including the leader of the "Youth Unity" Andrei Tkachuk. This is despite that nothing illegal was found during "saboteurs" house searches, and some of those arrested are not familiar with each other. Arrests happened after a grenade went off in the early morning at one of the block-posts, damaging a tire of a BMP. Update 19 October: one of that group, Alexander, remains under arrest, despite having an alibi: he was on duty at a hospital. However, he remains accused in serving as a scout for the "separatist group" few days prior to the incident. --Resup (talk) 05:36, 19 October 2014 (UTC)
20.10 In Odessa, "Talib", "Forest" and "intellectual" planned sabotage on the eve of elections russvesna: Odessa kept in fear: 4 activists of Kulikovo are arrested by SBU, accused in planning sabotage, acting as agents of Russia, and trained in Crimea. While elsewhere, Borispol, Kiev region, attempted murder (by explosion) against People's Front candidate Володимир Борисенкo radiosvoboda. Candidate survived and listed in critical condition. --Resup (talk) 22:12, 20 October 2014 (UTC)
21.10 412 policeman fired in Odessa by new regional MoI chief Zorian Shkiryak, Adviser to Interior Minister Arsen Avakov: 412 police officers were dismissed from the Odessa regional MoI from the date of appointment of the new Chief of the Regional Department of Internal Affairs Ivan Katerynchuk (appointed immediately after the May "Odessa Katyn "). More than half of the police officers in this list are the officers. "It's pretty serious indicator of a powerful start on his job by (regional MoI Chief) Katerynchuk " - commented Shkiryak.
21/22. 10. SBU arrested chief editor of opposition news media in Odessa Евгений Анохин, http://info-center.od.ua . It is said that this was illegal arrest, no charges, no attorney allowed. Евгений Анохин also contributed to Dumskaia . He recently published on May 2 events ("organizers and participants of murders were not punished" . "Evgenii Anokhin was wounded in clashes on May 2 in city center, despite of the fact that he, together with Artem Davidchenko, tried to convince people not to go there and to focus on preventing possible provocations at Kulikovo. However, supporters of "Odessa druzhina (paramilitary volunteers)" headed by ill-known "captain Cacao" decided otherwise, announcing their intention to oppose the United Ukraine march. Later, when Evgenii went there to see what is happening, his shoulder was harmed". Evgenii Anokhin om May 2: "it was simply fascism, the punishers operation. And the worst is that most of suspects now are those from Kulikovo. Even those pro-Kiev with blood on their hands were quickly released. --Resup (talk) 22:04, 22 October 2014 (UTC)
24.10 . SBU continues to arrest Kuliokvo activists ('for locking themselves up and burning to death activity'). Latest on , russvesna, two groups recently arrested. --Resup (talk) 12:31, 24 October 2014 (UTC)
- "One group of 3 persons is related directly to Anti-Maidan and events 2 may in Odessa. ... The second group (arrested in Odessa on October 22-23) under the guidance of the citizen of Ukraine Balbakova. This surname spelled because he kept in touch with the Russian secret service, got the job, explosives, weapons and tools, passed them on to terrorist attacks in Odessa and Odessa region." --Caustic Logic (talk) 14:02, 24 October 2014 (UTC)
- Is there anything else of immediate or recent concern? --Resup (talk) 05:35, 10 October 2014 (UTC)
Around 24.10: SBU: "we arrested dangerous terrorists was recruited by an employee of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Russia G. Stepanov, who passed from Moscow channels of communication, guidelines and cash to organize anti-Ukrainian activities".G. Stepanov: ha-ha-ha, I am a pensioner, and my records are in archive in KHARKOV (Ukraine)
- Also: G. Stepanov: "Dumskaya site belongs to Goncharenko"; who, according to Stepanov 'responsible' for (some of the events of) May 2.
- G: Stepanov to SBU: would love to read your (fake)'super sekret' exchanges with 'my' group'; promised in response 500 gigabytes of May 2 materials (some white book /white paper is being prepared, according to him)
russvesna report reminds that dissent is being suppressed in Odessa, and people are afraid to discuss their views. However, they continue resisting. On Maidan anniversary, Novorossia flag is installed at a site of Marshall Zhukov monument. (Earlier in November, Zhukokv bust was stolen by Right Sector from Odessa memorial).--Resup (talk) 05:50, 1 December 2014 (UTC)
This report says the explosion at the entrance was caught on surveillance camera, as well as a man placing a bag there 20 minutes earlier. Th building was empty and no one hurt, but the first floor volunteer office was destroyed. Also the report mentions (Yandex translated) "on December 3, Odessa was blown up shop "Patriot", a seller banderovskoe and nationalist symbols. The explosion had shattered Windows, damaged walls and nearby parked car."
Odessa workers protests against the economic blockade of Donbass and Kolomoisky takeover of Odessa Portside plant . Video: collective letter of plant workers to Poroshenko is read. "We, the workers of Odessa port-side factory, today go on strike. We are appalled by catastrophic state of affairs at our plant. Today the plant is operating at only 30% of its capacity. Hundreds of workers have lost their jobs. They cannot provide for themselves or their families. We demand to return back to our plant the orders from factories in Donbas. For this, it is necessary to strike down the law on economic blockade of Donbas. Petr Alexeevich (Poroshenko), do not turn away from your own people. We demand to pay workers all past due wages, and return to work those fired illegally. We demand to stop criminal deal on privatization of our factory by "Privat" group (of Kolomoiskii). Kolomoiskii, hands off from people's property!"--Resup (talk) 03:53, 21 December 2014 (UTC)
State Ministry of Internal Affairs in the Odessa region (Vesti, Ukraine report): : During an inspection in the Odessa depository of the National Bank of Ukraine, several gold bars said to be worth more than five million Hryvna turned out to be conventional lead covered with gold paint. A suspect has escaped to Crimea. --Resup (talk) 22:31, 22 December 2014 (UTC)
- Why would some neo-Nazi on the marauding side with friends in high places, the type most likely to be able to do such a thing, escape to Crimea? Oh, I get it ... the patsy is a guy they tipped off so he could flee suspiciously... or that was just made up. --Caustic Logic (talk) 23:43, 22 December 2014 (UTC)
- This reminds me some classical stories on Odessian baddies from the past, like Isaac Babel Odessa stories, on gangsta Benia Krik (perhaps, an inspiration for Kolomoiskii) . A random quote from Isaac Babel goes: "Jew-and-a Half: " A fine trick you thought up. Killing live people. But you won't get away so easy, Mr. Benya Krik. I'll get my money back!" (Well, I should drop this topic, getting a bit out of hand, but there are several classical stories, another would be "12 Chairs" by Ilf and Petrov, they were actually sawing-off some lead weight in that text, trying to get some Tsar-time gold) --Resup (talk) 00:23, 23 December 2014 (UTC)
Armed with automatic weapons national guard is deployed in Odessa for some "anti-terrorism" activity, after several explosions in Odessa. Reports suggest that anybody considered suspicious may be arrested tsn.ua reports--Resup (talk) 22:01, 3 January 2015 (UTC)
04.01.2015 Coordination council of Euromaidan office is blown; no casualties. Vsevolod Goncharevskii (filmed beating a protester, and discussed elsewhere) was a member of this council. --Resup (talk) 22:58, 4 January 2015 (UTC)
2 ships with "nonlethal aid" for UAF from Canada will arrive to Odessa port on 6 of January; this is the second such arrival already (the first one, end of November). Third shipment due 14-16 January. According to Rob Nicolson, MoD of Canada chief, Ukraine will receive "nonlethal aid" totaling 11 million $ --Resup (talk) 15:17, 6 January 2015 (UTC)
Photos emerged titled "Graveyard of Surgery Waste in Odessa". I can see "105-29-75 // Surgery Waste" on one of the stone plaques, and also some crosses, presumably of identified victims/deceased . Actual place, origin, and story unknown. --Resup (talk) 17:45, 28 January 2015 (UTC)
- A story claims 'banderovets' are buried here as waste (not verified-unfamiliar with the source) A similar claim, word in the middle means "Unknown" (as in "it is unknown", not like he/she is unknown). Next line may mean "died 02.05 2014" (if ск.= скончался=died) Also giving location map --Resup (talk) 17:48, 28 January 2015 (UTC)
- Reported incidents. One of election committees in Odessa region "run away" due to threats received (the reason for the ruckus appears to be local candidate Guliaev winning over a 'famous' candidate David Zhvania, hailing from Georgia). --Resup (talk) 14:05, 27 October 2014 (UTC)
Current Odessa city Mayor Truhanov was elected shortly after the Massacre, on 25 May, 2014. In the past, he was linked with organised crime (this report is quoting Gennady Moskal). In the report, the black and white photo is Trukhanov with Semen Mogilevich, organised crime boss on the FBI top 10 wanted list. Has 100 thousand $ reward on him (hey, did you check out those Odessa city Government buildings?) --Resup (talk) 19:29, 6 January 2015 (UTC)