Talk:May 25 rebel attack in Taldou
I had to finally start to page to get a talk page.
- I find the Valid spelling confusing, given that we have a valid but not a Walid. Just a thought. --Caustic Logic 08:48, 5 October 2012 (EST)
The rebels take shelter in some alley on the east side of main street, and take turns shooting around the corner at something to the south. In one video one rebel walks to the middle of the street and shoots a RPG-7, possibly hitting something. This video takes a peek down main street. So far I have not been able to pin down the exact location. -- Petri Krohn 06:51, 5 October 2012 (EST)
- One faction Battalion Arabad bin valid address Army treachery Asadi
- One faction Battalion Arabad bin guerrilla force clashing with treachery Asadi stationed at the National Hospital in Taldou – stars "Eric the Red"
- The Times video allows me to identify and locate the building seen across main street. It is just north of the security HQ. There is a alley opposite, with a tree in front – as seen on the rebel videos. The distanse from the nearest APC to the street corner is 32 meters. -- Petri Krohn 09:08, 5 October 2012 (EST)
- Champions Battalion Arabad bin force in the Hula – RPG shot, different alley
- My response space for later. I called it! --Caustic Logic 08:48, 5 October 2012 (EST)
On this page
I like this page and talk. However, before I say anything else, there is a possible danger of too many pages to kkep organized. I feel I'm losing track of where new things are. I wanted to do a section for the scene page, but maybe a page is needed for the military/security aspect, in space/on map. It could include gov.control, checkpoints, and the different versions of who moved where - rebel attack routes and times, whare the Shabiha gathered, etc. All put side by side. I'd like to see what CE thinks should be done. Otherwise, stuff can be moved, so let's keep going as we are. --Caustic Logic 08:48, 5 October 2012 (EST)
- I think this page is very useful, and more pages for the nitty-gritty aspects can't hurt. However, I think what we also need is a page for general connect-the-dots discussion of all the stuff we have gathered so far and what it means, and where we need to dig further. Like f.e. Petri did on one of the many talk pages I wouldn't know how to find right now with his little "Whodunit" gallery. I suggest we open Houla:Connecting The Dots and don't link it anywhere but just use it for our purposes of meta-research atm. We could use the main page for discussion of central questions, and the talk page to list new dots, which we could also discuss on the talk pages of the pages which deal with those aspects, if it needs deeper study, but link here, like "hey guys, i have a new clue, take a look over there", so we have a central point where we can look not to miss important developments.
- In general I would also suggest that on the talk pages we add new stuff at the top, not the bottom, so that we don't have to always scroll through the old shit (yes, i'm lazy). --CE 09:39, 6 October 2012 (EST)
- Agreed on 'connecting the dots". Just now realized it's not linked on the Houla main page, and really hasn't developed much. I think it is/will be useful. Linked twice now, promoted. Now get inspired and have your schedule magically cleared! :) (I'll brush it up a little and start the "many Bakkours" section soon) --Caustic Logic (talk) 06:32, 2 January 2013 (UTC)
Arabad bin Sarieh battalion
- Moved to Talk:Houla, May 25: Who Was in Control?#Arabad bin Sarieh battalion. -- Petri Krohn 09:13, 13 October 2012 (EST)
Here is an important clue from TIME magazine:
- Syria's Splintered Opposition: Who Is Running the War Against the Regime? – By Rania Abouzeid Monday, Feb. 06, 2012
Syrian soldiers who defected to join the Free Syrian Army and set up the Arabad bin Sarieh battalion join a protest against Syrian President Bashar Assad in the town of Hula, near the city of Homs, on Feb. 3, 2012