- 1 Caught in the act?
- 2 Americans
- 3 Ukrainians
- 3.1 Russian-trained killers
- 3.2 Mercenaries commanded by Andriy Parubiy
- 3.3 Volodymyr Parasyuk
- 3.4 Aid to Arsen Avakov?
- 3.5 UNA-UNSO
- 3.6 Arseniy Yatsenyuk
- 3.7 Right Sector
- 3.8 Svoboda party vice chairmen
- 3.9 Петр Барладин
- 3.10 Snipers trained in Poland
- 3.11 Audrius Butkevicius
- 4 Georgians
- 4.1 South Ossetians
- 4.2 Saakashvili
- 4.3 Yanukovich team claim
- 4.4 Azarov's claims
- 4.5 Italian Documentary November 2017
- 4.6 OAN documentary January 2020
- 5 Who was behind the operation?
- 6 False claims
- 7 References
Caught in the act?
One O'Clock Sniper
There's the apparently caught-red-handed by 1:15 PM sniper. "EuroMaidan twitter reports that members of Maidan Self-Defense captured one one of the snipers. He is currently in Maidan headquarters." Maidan HQ location unclear. No word about that prisoner I'm aware of since then. --Caustic Logic (talk) 13:55, 18 March 2014 (UTC)
Okay. I found a few sources on this, in Ukrainian. Mainly they add that little was known. They don't go forward far in time - Feb. 20.
- The Maidan Translators cited "Magnolia TV" on Facebook (same, in Ukrainian, but shorter...). There's a Magnolia TV website with an article to the same effect, but it's not loading for me.
- Commentary.ua Протестувальники на Майдані підпалили водомет і захопили снайпера (ВІДЕО) (Protesters set fire water cannon at the Square and took a sniper (Video)) 02.20.2014 9:25. But nothing on the page actually addresses the sniper part. Other sub-stories are mentioned in the text, but not that. There are two embedded Youtube videos - one a live feed of Ukrainian TV, the other no longer available - "this video is private." So that helps little.
- Espresso.tv На Майдані спіймали снайпера? (On the Square caught the sniper?) (quoting twitter message @euromaidan: Поймали снайпера. Он в штабе. 10:21 PM - 19 Feb 2014--caught a sniper. He is at the headquarters.--Resup (talk) 02:41, 18 December 2017 (UTC)) Google translated:
- "Soldiers Square self (Maidan Self-defense) caught one of the snipers. This was reported in the "Twitter" Yevromaydanu. "Caught sniper. He's headquarters," - said in a statement. Currently, the event details are not reported. However komentant Square (?) Stephen Kubiv could not neither confirm nor deny this information. "I'm 20 minutes ago was still at headquarters, but I have no such information. Never been able to neither confirm nor deny," - he said Espreso.TV.
- fakty.ictv.ua - contains an image of a man on a roof that's possibly relevant, more likely recycled rubbish. "On the Square caught Sniper Soldiers Square self caught one of the snipers Reported in "Twitter" Yevromaydanu. "Caught sniper. He's headquarters." At present, the details of the events are not reported."
On March 1, there was twist reported, and that sniper mentioned again, with another, in passing.
- http://portal.lviv.ua/news/2014/03/01/112412.html - Cited: "Anatoly Bear" = Анатолій Ведмідь. "According to our information , they are paid for each victim. A day of " hired sniper "allegedly worth $ 40 thousand ," - he added. He said attempts to catch the snipers , but whether they were successful, he would not comment . Centurion Volyn hundreds (?) explained that maydanivtsi caught two snipers. However, their fate , he said nothing."
- On their identities too he apparently said nothing.
- He said that attempts were made to catch the snipers , but whether they were successful, he would not comment . Centurion Volyn hundreds explained that maydanivtsi caught two snipers. However, their fate , he said nothing. There were snipers allegedly from self-defense, security officials reported . At least two, and probably at the time they served in the Soviet army in Afghanistan. However, most samooboronivtsi (self-defense members) deny this information .
Also some sources saying two sniper might mean this One O'Clock Sniper plus the dusk sniper (or stand-in). Possibly was wrong to say they never caught him. Two English tweets to add, both should have been found sooner, and will be noted in the right spots:
- Protesters frisking the Hotel Ukraina room looking for a sniper http://instagram.com/p/kpdJ4ICbjL/
- Sniper was caught on the 10th floor of the Hotel Ukraina on #Euromaidan Personality to be identified.
- From my count, the dusk sniper should have been on the 11th floor. Coming the morning after, this could refer to either of the two - the high 10/11-ish floor could be a coincidence and they refer to the earlier catch, but the later one is a bit more clearly suggested. --Caustic Logic (talk) 11:03, 26 March 2014 (UTC)
Other Snipers Found in the Park
Another in the vein of Vasilko, same day. Sniper caught in Kiev 22.02.2014 Euromaidan 12:46 (not working in December, 2017; this one does). A strong-faced tough guy in a park, Marinskyi, I guess, surrounded by a group of 1-2 dozen thugs and people, one at least with a bat, go through everything he apparently had on him. guy had in his poclets - cash, credit cards shown up close, an ID card saying Sergey Pan'kov. He tus at his long-sleeved shirt at one point, as if preparing to bare his shoulder for the tattoo
- (to show that he has no shoulder belt marks from a gun/Kalshnikov. They have doubts that his Ukrainian passport is real, -photo not stamped. Overall, he looks as a 'titushka'/'sportsman'/thug, not a sniper. Unsure why they think he is --Resup (talk) 02:30, 18 December 2017 (UTC)).
A Feb. 24 side-source mentions "Detained by self-defense activists person is Sergey Pankov (presumably - sniper), together with Mikhail Sapov working for a gang of "titushkis", which is led by Alexey Chebotarev, it became known from informed sources." Titushkis, I hear, are alleged pro-government thugs, bussed in to Mariinskyi park - imported thugs with bats, just like the ones the coalition turned loose. Another ambiguous and interchangeable lynch mob smear besides Berkut and sniper. --Caustic Logic (talk) 13:46, 18 March 2014 (UTC)
- Американский снайпер на Украине онлайн 09.03.2014\American sniper in UA online – Максим Хавиков, Mar 9, 2014 (RuTube)
- "An American man, apparently a hired sniper, angry & drunk, was recorded live on a Russian online chat platform. He is brandishing on the camera his weapons, a sniper professional, military-grade rifle with a telescope plus another old military rifle. At about 3:00 he starts talking, making it clear that he is, indeed, American. He also shows his good knowledge of both Russian & Ukrainian. He continues cursing Putin, being especially fond of the F-You sign. He also keeps repeating the slogan of the Right Sector: 'Slava Ukrainie.' He is also showing various items as if to prove that he is still, indeed, somewhere in Ukraine." (source) -- Petri Krohn (talk) 23:15, 11 March 2014 (UTC)
The video of the #unknown American has long gone offline but does the guy have any resemblance to the US / Ukraine Nazi Mark "Franko" Paslawsky just killed in Ilovaisk? What really needs investigating is if Paslawsky (bruce springnote @BSpringnote on Twitter) was on Maidan on February 20th. -- Petri Krohn (talk) 15:40, 22 August 2014 (UTC) ... more
- The true story of Mark Paslawsky, the 'only' American fighter with Kiev forces – Bryan MacDonald, RT, August 29, 2014
- American Killed in Ukraine was a Nazi and Nephew of Notorious WW2 War Criminal – Valentina Kiselev, Russia Insider, September 4, 2014
- American Ex-Paratrooper Joins Georgian Legion Fighting in Ukraine - Nicholas Waller, Georgia Today, February 26, 2016
- Winston-Salem veteran, fiancée run into immigration barriers - Winston-Salem Journal, June 5, 2017
- The Maidan Massacre: US Army Orders: Sow Chaos - Christopher Black, New Eastern Outlook, December 15, 2017
- The name of the American soldier, or the alias he used, was Brian Christopher Boyenger. He showed up later as an adviser to the Ukrainian Georgian Legion.
- “This American was Brian Christopher Boyenger, a “former” soldier, a sniper, from the 101st Airborne Division. He was the one who gave us orders.”
- ‘CIA fingerprints’ all over Kiev massacre – Oliver Stone - RT, January 01, 2015
- The armed coup in Kiev is painfully similar to CIA operations to oust unwanted foreign leaders in Iran, Chile and Venezuela, said US filmmaker Oliver Stone after interviewing Ukraine’s ousted president for a documentary.
- Exclusive: Photographs Expose Russian-Trained Killers in Kiev – Daily Beast, 03.30.2014
- According to Dr. Olga Bogomolets, a Maidan leader and a candidate in Ukraine’s slated May presidential elections, the photographs shown to her by The Daily Beast provide unique insight into what took place on February 20. She argues they cast doubt on an official investigation currently underway into the events of that day, which was ordered by the country’s interim government and is being conducted jointly by the new head of the SBU, Valentyn Nalyvaichenko, along with the prosecutor general’s office. The SBU failed to respond to phone and email requests for a meeting with Nalyvaichenko to discuss the substantial photographic material.
- We have demanded an independent and transparent investigation into who was involved in the crimes that took place and we are very worried that the people who are investigating are members of the bodies responsible for the shootings,” says Bogomolets. Bogomolets, a physician who was nicknamed by Maidan protesters the “White Angel” because of her ministrations to the wounded in Independence Square, was on her way to visit the grave of her mother that morning to mark the first anniversary of her death. When phone calls alerted her to the start of the carnage she sped to the Maidan instead.
- Photos prove Maidan snipers who shot at protesters and police were Ukrainians - media reports – VoR, 31 March 2014
Mercenaries commanded by Andriy Parubiy
In an interview with vesti.ru (German translation), the former head of SBU Oleksandr Yakymenko, who managed to flee because "I'm a secret service guy", tells a quite detailed story. According to him there were 20 mercenaries, partly former Ukrainian Secret Service, partly foreign, in the Philharmony building which he says was controlled by Parubiy's guys. It's apparently here a bit off of Maidan to the north-west, although wikipedia says there are two buildings. He says those guys started to target the special service guys who fled in panic. Our "Berkut" in front of Oktober Palace, I would deduce. Maybe those early news about people shooting from "the conservatory" really meant the philharmony? Or the writer of the article got that wrong here? Anyway, Yakymenko says that there were actually two groups of 10 people, and one changed position into the Hotel Ukraine while his guys lost track of the other group. He also says that "Right Sector" and "Svoboda" activists both asked him to take those snipers out, therefore being not in on the plot. On the other hand, he accuses a couple of people being in on it, "it" also being allowing the SBU to be infiltrated by the CIA. This includes two SBU guys Gwodz and Malamusch and his successor leading SBU now, Nalyvaichenko. Also the oligarch Poroshenko and the former Minster of Defense Anatoliy Hrytsenko. Maybe to be taken with a grain of salt given who he is, but interesting enough to "paraphrase" it here - it will certainly make the rounds in Russia. --CE (talk) 17:14, 13 March 2014 (UTC)
- English translation of the interview over at RT, original video on youtube. --CE (talk) 17:39, 13 March 2014 (UTC)
- See above - Petri already added the story. I had some doubts, but it is detailed, and I missed some of the details in a quick read. Mainly I just can't see Right Sector asking the government, who they were overthrowing, to get rid of snipers who were helping. Even if they weren't in on it, couldn't they deduce this was part of their thing? Or a government thing the government wouldn't stop? Or were they inviting this Alpha Team into a trap? Why didn't Parubiy play along then? It's weird. --Caustic Logic (talk) 23:29, 13 March 2014 (UTC)
- Actually if you look harder I beat Petri 50 minutes to it. ;o) --CE (talk) 00:01, 14 March 2014 (UTC)
- Whatever, sorry. Continuing the doubt, let me speculate this is Yakymenko's way of buttering up everyone but a main target. Maybe Parubiy really is a maniac bent on starting WWIII/WWIIV now (?). He'd need taking out. You might suggest that "hey, I know everyone else wasn't in on it/regretted being in on it, had asked/would ask for my held flushing out Parubiy and his snipers," etc. The rest of the story could still be level. And even that could well be as he says, I don't know. As for the philharmonic, if we have the right locale, it could keep the roof of the October Palace, and maybe its flanks, free of Berkut. But it couldn't do much else, I think. He says half of them went to the hotel? Okay then, I need to catch up or something...--Caustic Logic (talk) 11:34, 14 March 2014 (UTC)
- Actually if you look harder I beat Petri 50 minutes to it. ;o) --CE (talk) 00:01, 14 March 2014 (UTC)
I just tweeted to Hillary and Ambassador Geoffrey Pyatt that I believe the hotel rooms used by the Maidan snipers were paid by their credit cards. It now gets even weirder: -- Petri Krohn (talk) 01:41, 14 March 2014 (UTC)
- Interesting tweet to say the least. Just to be clear, that's total speculation, right? It's not clear here if the "commandant" is Parubiy, but sounds like it. It says little. --Caustic Logic (talk)
- Yes, total speculation, vile provocation, but based on an educated guess. As we saw in the Ghouta CW attack, it does not matter if the ugly details come out later, as long as the attack achieves its objectives. NATO has total control over the media anyway. -- Petri Krohn (talk) 13:28, 14 March 2014 (UTC)
- Interesting tweet to say the least. Just to be clear, that's total speculation, right? It's not clear here if the "commandant" is Parubiy, but sounds like it. It says little. --Caustic Logic (talk)
- Russia’s UN envoy: Protesters in Kiev were shot at from Maidan’s commandant’s office – March 14, 2014
- Protesters and law enforcers during Kiev’s recent unrest were shot at from the office of so-called “Maidan’s commandant”, Russia’s UN envoy Vitaly Churkin told the UN Security Council.
- According to the latest information available the shots were fired from the office of so-called “Maidan commandant”, the man who now leads the UN Security Council, Churkin said.
Who now leads what? I guess it means the "security" job he now holds in Ukraine? Anyway, I wonder if there's any info around on where his office was in the hotel? I heard of rooftop firing, but the massacre of activists portion was probably done from a window (or more than one, maybe), as I noted the one direction that's best suggested is in the west half of the hotel, and I think not too high up. Maybe about the exact direction that ironic kid looked just as he was shot. --Caustic Logic (talk) 11:41, 14 March 2014 (UTC)
- Adam Larson, Oriental Review, May 29: Who was Maidan snipers’ mastermind?
- Parubiy blames Russian "Spetsnaz" snipers, implicates himself. --Caustic Logic (talk) 09:10, 30 May 2014 (UTC)
- Translated to Italian already! Pretty heavily tweeted too. --Caustic Logic (talk) 22:36, 30 May 2014 (UTC)
PRI Public Radio International published a summary of the Yakymenko interview on March 14, 2014:
- "Yakymenko said the shots came from Kyiv's Philharmonic Hall. That particular building was overseen by the Fatherland Party's deputy Andriy Parubiy, known unofficially as the "commander of Maidan." After President Viktor Yanukovych fled Ukraine, Parubiy assumed the post of Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council for the interim Ukrainian government.
- Yakymenko said snipers started shooting at local police forces but then directed their fire on the anti-government protesters fighting the police. After the shooting, some of the snipers moved on to Hotel Ukraine. He added that the Maiden fighters appeared "prepared," leaving the barricades at the first sniper shot.
- Yakymenko said Ukrainian nationalist groups Pravij Udar and Svoboda requested his help in clearing out the snipers, but Parubiy wouldn't allow government forces into Maidan-controlled territory. Yakymenko went on to claim that among the snipers were foreign mercenaries. While not making a direct connection between the United States and the snipers, Yakymenko suggested that the US embassy was somehow using Poland to orchestrate the overthrow of (now ousted) Yanukovych."
Investigation panel led by Andriy Parubiy
- Last week the new pro-west Ukranian government announced an investigation of the shootings by a parliamentary commission. The panel would be staffed with representatives of all fractions, a speaker said. International experts, Physicians, ballisticians and eyewitnesses would be interviewed. The head of the National Security Council, Andrej Parubiy, has been picked as the leader of the panel.
- NEWS FLASH: – AJSB @A_J_S_B on Twitter, 30 June 2014
- UNCONFIRMED plan in March to "prove" Russia weapons supply with FORGED EVIDENCE (3rd pic to compare sig).
- Security and Defense Council document signed by Parubiy
Nadezhda Savchenko testifies
- Savchenko Responded to the Accusations of Lutsenko After Being Interrogated by the SBU - 112.ua via StalkerZone, March 15, 2018 (transcript)
- Savchenko: I Personally Saw How Parubiy Brought Snipers to Hotel "Ukraine" During Maidan - newsone.ua via StalkerZone, March 15, 2018 (Savcheko statement on a video).
- I personally gave him evidence that Lutsenko called for a change of government from a tribune and promised that on Maidan there will be weapons. I saw how a blue car approached, a minibus, people came out of it with weapons. I spoke about who these people were. These people are in parliament. I saw how Parubiy brought snipers to the ‘Ukraine’ hotel. These people are in parliament. These are people who gave orders and committed crimes.
- SHOCKING: ‘Hero of Ukraine’ Nadia Savchenko now accuses Kiev for Maidan Snipers - Matfey Shaheen, RussiaFeed, March 16, 2018
Claims by Andrey Artemenko
- The Runaway Deputy Andrey Artemenko: I Have Evidence Proving Pashinsky & Parubiy's Involvement in the Shooting of the "Heavenly Hundred" - politnavigator via StalkerZone, June 22, 2018
- Secret prisons in the Donbas, downed by Boeing and falsification. Ex-employee of the SBU tells - TASS, March 25, 2019
- Deputy Verkhovna Rada Volodymyr Parasyuk personally participated in the shootings during the events on the "Maidan" in the center of Kiev in February 2014. Parasyuk told that he helped with the supply of weapons to the "Maidan", and that on his hands "the blood of many dead." According to the ex-employee of the SBU, Parasyuk also, being intoxicated, expressed dissatisfaction that he did so much for the “Maidan”, but was forced to fight in the east of Ukraine.
- Ex SBU officer says that deputy Parasyuk personally participated in the shootings on the "Maidan" - TASS, March 25, 2019
- “I was acquainted with him, he [Parasyuk] was the commander of the Dnipro company, and I was the senior officer of the SBU task force. We met at events and, of course, he talked about the“ Maidan, ”Prozorov said, answering journalists’ questions. He said that he was involved in the supply of weapons [on the "Maidan"] and that the blood of many of those killed was on his hands. " “But these are his words,” Prozorov stressed.
- Who started the massacre on the Maidan. Strana publishes a list of 34 members of the "Parasyuk group" - Strana.ua, February 18, 2020
- "There was a group of 28 heroes who were on the third floor of the conservatory on February 20, 2014 - they had six hunting rifles and several small-caliber ones. Together with Zinovy Parasyuk and Vladimir Parasyuk, Ivan Bubenchik. This group had the courage to return fire at the Berkut "The Golden Eagle" began to run as a result of the shootout on February 20. The history of Ukraine went along a new route, "Butusov wrote.
- At the same time, no evidence was given that it was precisely “return fire”.
- On the contrary, in the same testimony, Lipova clearly said that no shooting was carried out by law enforcement officers then. That is, it was not a return fire. On the contrary - provocative.
Aid to Arsen Avakov?
- Украина смотрите правду о снайпере, стрелявшего по "небесной сотне" на Майдане (Ukraine see the truth about the sniper to shoot at the "heavenly hundred" on Maidan) - Rus Berlin, Jan 27, 2015
- The mystery with a sniper rifle Sergei Pashinsky goes back to Arsen Avakov.
- Sergei Pashinsky probably have something to hide?
- Why have police and the Security Service, a year later, did not find the people who were in the car and took out a rifle? And in fact - these are the same people who brought her there and in the government district, across from the square.
- It all started with a call colleague Yuri Sobolty. He identified a man with a yellow hooded special forces "Bars" MIA of Ukraine 2009-2010 year. Yuri remembered him as a man who loves sniper weapon when I saw it on the frame was very surprised. It took a few days to get through social networks and some sources to find out the whole picture of what is happening and to identify all persons involved in this rifle February 18, 2014 on the street. The institute's. Today it is very fashionable to inform about all the activities in the Ministry of Internal Affairs "Facebook". One of those who are actively engaged in this - a certain Yuri Sobolta. If you look carefully, it is possible to easily recognize the mysterious driver in a dark jacket with yellow unfolded hood that the company carried away by unknown persons with a sniper rifle in the "Honda".
The Wikipedia article on UNA-UNSO says that "on January 11, 1991 squads of UNS headed by Yuriy Tyma guarded the Seimas Palace during the January Events in Lithuania." It has been suggested that UNA-UNSO were in fact the snipers in the "January Events". If so, this would also make UNA-UNSO a prime suspect for the Maidan massacre. -- Petri Krohn (talk) 22:00, 11 September 2015 (UTC)
- Yatsenyuk fought in Chechnya - Russia’s Investigative Committee - Unian, 08.09.2015
- The Russian investigators have questions to the Ukrainian citizens Dmytro Korchinsky, Ihor Mazur, Valery Bobrovich of the UNA-UNSO, the leader of the Right Sector Dmytro Yarosh, the leader of the Svoboda Party Oleh Tiahnybok and his brother Andriy in connection with the war in Chechnya in 1994-1995, according to Bastrykin’s interview with Rossiyskaya Gazeta, Ukrainska Pravda reported.
- "The investigation also found that at the time, Arseniy Yatsenyuk fought by their side against the Russian military as part of Argo punitive group, and later - Viking, led by Oleksandr Muzychko," said Bastrykin.
- "According to the investigation, Yatsenyuk took part in at least two of the armed confrontations that took place on December 31, 1994, on the Minutka square in Grozny and in February, 1995, outside the city hospital 9 in Grozny; as well as in torture and executions of prisoners," he said.
- Moscow Accuses Ukrainian PM Of 'Torturing' Russians In Chechen War - RFE/RL, September 11, 2015
- Russian accuses Kiev PM of fighting Moscow in Chechnya - AFP, September 9, 2015
- Яценюк мог ездить воевать в Чечню снайпером - KP, September 9, 2015
- Lavrov: Russia has info about Ukraine’s Right Sector involved in Kiev sniper shooting – ITAR-TASS, March 30, 2014
- Ляшко привозил патроны Правому Сектору (Ljashko brought ammo right quadrant, English subtitles) – Apr 2, 2014
Svoboda party vice chairmen
- Ivan Katchanovski on Facebook (Oct 12, 2015)
- Maidan massacre bombshell: Several deputies of Svoboda leader are investigated in suspicion for their involvement in the Maidan massacre on February 20, 2014. A court order authorizing their searchers finally reveals that Maidan snipers, who shot at the BBC crew and the Maidan protesters from the 11th floor at the Hotel Ukraina and were filmed by both BBC and ICTV, were based at the hotel room located right next to the hotel room of the former head of the Lviv Regional Council and one of Svoboda leaders. Another deputy Svoboda leader lived in the hotel room used by these Maidan snipers. My APSA paper presented evidence of the Svoboda leadership involvement in the Maidan massacre. The Svoboda leader and 112 channel journalists attacked me for stating in a 112 TV channel interview of the need for the Ukrainian media to reveal actual perpetrators of the Maidan massacre.
- Обшуки у заступників Тягнибока пов’язані з подіями на Майдані - "Свобода" (Tiagnybok deputies searched in related to events on the Maidan - "Svoboda")
- My APSA paper (p. 57) presented evidence that the hotels rooms used by snipers were booked by Svoboda leaders, but there is still much more unrevealed in this story: "A Kyiv leader of the Patriot of Ukraine, a paramilitary wing of the Social National Assembly, stated on Facebook that he had a firsthand knowledge that the Maidan Self-Defense members stormed a suspected sniper’s room in the Hotel Ukraina. He said that the hotel staff told him that Svoboda deputies reserved hotel rooms on the upper floors of the hotel during the massacre and that this sniper was shooting from one of such rooms. He also alleged that Petro Poroshenko, one of the leaders of the Maidan opposition and the current President of Ukraine helped to whisk away this sniper, who used a name common in the Caucasus region. The BBC investigation report stated that courts blocked requests by lawyers of the Maidan massacre victims to obtain lists of people who booked these hotel rooms used by snipers."
- Lesia Fediv on Facebook (2 photos)
- The decision of the Pechersk court, which are governed by the security forces conducting a search of Oleg Pankevych.
- У декількох "свободівців" – обшуки (Several "svobodovtsev" searched) - Ukrainska Pravda, 12 October 2015
- Monday morning searches were conducted [in the homes of] the deputy head of the Svoboda Party Oleksandr Sych and Oleg Pankevych in Ivano-Frankivsk and Lviv region in Brody respectively.
- Also held in Lviv searched the apartment where the registered deputy chairman of the Svoboda party leader Igor Yankiv court, said "Svoboda" in Twitter.
- Searches in Kiev: Svoboda party members suspected of Maidan mass murder - Off-Guardian, October 12, 2015
- Aleksandr Aronets, spokesman of Svoboda in Kiev, reports [see below] that this morning there were raids against members of Svoboda, on suspicions of mass murder during the Maidan – murders that were attributed to “snipers of former President Yanukovitch” and to Berkut [the police]. Among the materials in the hands of investigators is a video [see below] where you see someone shoot from a window of the hotel “Ukraine” on Independence Square, protesters and police. The room in question (no. 1132) was occupied by the Svoboda deputy Oleg Pankevich.
- А. Шарий: Винтовка, которую вывез Пашинский (документы и факты) (A. Shary: Rifle, which brought Pashinsky (documents and facts) – [20.03.2014]
- Suspect: Петр Барладин: www.odnoklassniki...ru/profile/130429955908
Snipers trained in Poland
- Euromaidan Was Special Operation by US, Poland – Polish MEP - Andrey Stenin, Sputnik, 18.04.2015
- Korwin-Mikke: Maidan snipers were trained in Poland - Joanna Stanislawska, via Fort Russ, April 19, 2015
- He refers to Paet-Ashton leaked phone call. Seems to be a (rare) call for more responsible approach. Unclear whether he has more factual information (he might, as his contacts include Paet). --Resup (talk) 12:58, 20 April 2015 (UTC)
- The Plundering of Ukraine by Corrupt American Democrats - Israel Shamir, Unz Review, October 25, 2019
- One of the best Ukrainian corruption stories is connected with Audrius Butkevicius, the former Minister of Defence (1996 to 2000) and a Member of the Seimas (Parliament) of post-Soviet Lithuania. Mr AB is supposedly working for MI6, and now is a member of the notorious Institute for Statecraft, a UK deep state propaganda outfit involved in disinformation operations, subversion of the democratic process and promoting Russophobia and the idea of a new cold war. In 1991 he commanded snipers that shoot Lithuanian protesters. The kills were ascribed to the Soviet armed forces, and the last Soviet President Mr Gorbachev ordered speedy withdrawal of his troops from Lithuania. Mr AB became the Minister of Defence of his independent nation...
- In 2005 he commanded the snipers who killed protesters in Kyrgyzstan, in Georgia he repeated the feat in 2003 during the Rose Revolution. In 2014 he did it again in Kiev, where his snipers killed around a hundred men, protesters and police. He was brought to Kiev by Mr Turchinov, who called himself the “acting President” and who countersigned Joe Biden’s billion dollars’ grant.
Vladimir Suchan translates on Facebook:
- Interesting news about the Maidan snipers: What is the point of the Maidan snipers shooting the people if no one can take the pictures of the victims right at the moment of being shot? That's exactly how it was evidently planned (this reminds me of some the sniper shooting from Sarajevo--ordered for the camera at the right place and at the right moment). As it turns out, the one who was repeatedly filming the protesters of being shot in front of him is Atzamaz Kochiev (Ацамаз Кочиев), a former Moscow paparazzi, who now works for Life News. Moreover, it is now being reported that Kochiev and the junta's Minister of the Interior, Arsen Asakov, are close relatives--Asakov is Kochiev's uncle via his mother Tatiana Gabaraieva wjo, like Kochiev, is from South Ossetia.
- А вот это – реальная сенсация (And here it is - a real sensation) – Mar. 31st, 2014
- The family is from the Znaur district. Anyone from the territory of South Ossetia can as well be pro-Saakashvili, anti-Russia as pro-Russia. -- Petri Krohn (talk) 15:02, 31 March 2014 (UTC)
- Грузия возбудила уголовное дело против снайперов с Майдана. Сенсация!!! 9.04.2014 mirror (Georgia opened a criminal case against snipers with Maidana. Sensation! 04/09/2014) – Life News, April 9, 2014
- Breaking news: From Georgia's military circles comes an announcement that four of the snipers that were active at Maidan are from Georgia, that their identities are now known, and that they are part of Sakashvilli's, Georgia's former president's special forces that were trained in part precisely for such missions. Investigation is on going, and official charges are being prepared.
- In Kiev, shot by snipers Saakashvili? For a starter text source, translated with original link.
- Georgian general, former commander of the battalion "Avaz" ("Panther") Tsitelashvili Tristan said that he has evidence that the four acted on evromaydane Georgian sniper of the power structures that controlled the ex-Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili. PACE adopted a resolution which requires a "impartial investigation" of the use of snipers in the Maidan.
- Penny for Your Thoughts is on it. Rather, a commenter points to ANNA News on it.
- Грузия возбудила уголовное дело против снайперов с Майдана. (Georgia opened a criminal case against snipers with Maidana. Sensation!) – Life News, 04/09/2014
Kamens: "Mystery Solved"
- Henry Kamens, NEO, May 17: Kiev Snipers: Mystery Solved
- Tsitelashvili claimed that at least four of the snipers shooting at people in Maidan Square were under the command of former Georgian president Mikheil Saakashvili, who is doing his best to destabilise his own country, and others if necessary, to find a way back into power. ... This too has been confirmed by one of the snipers involved. He is currently in hiding, living without papers. He tells me that most of his colleagues have been terminated. Given what they might know, and what happens to those who know, I am inclined to believe him.
Facinating report, lots of details on the Georgia-terrorism connection and some bizarre episode from 2012 with Georgian-trained snipers offed (by the CIA? In northern Syria?) I don't understand. Supposedly connected to the Kiev snipers, but that link sounds speculative. Anyway, worth a look at least. --Caustic Logic (talk) 03:28, 25 May 2014 (UTC)
- Lopota incident (wikipedia).
- There is a long-running problem of Chechen (Dagestani, Ingush) armed Islamists groups (by the time well-funded and employing foreign fighters) hiding in mountainous regions of Georgia (Pankisi Gorge is a well-known example) . Lopota is in the same overall area (map). In this instance, Saakashvili government apparently presented the incident as apprehension of a Russian invasion team; from the Russian perspective those were anti-Russian Islamists; solid facts appear to be still in dispute. Georgian opposition at the time (and the subsequent government) heavily criticized Saakashvilli response. Natives of Pankisi Gorge are Kistin people, close 'relatives' of Chechens. Kamens version of Lopota event is in the above article. --Resup (talk) 09:08, 21 November 2017 (UTC)
Yanukovich team claim
Andrey Kluiev, chief of Yanukovich presidential administration, told (as quoted, Rusnext, 30 November, 2016) that one sniper was caught by Maidan people. He read from what he described as his interrogation document. He gave sniper name as Vladimir Dykhladze, a Georgian. On February 19, he was told to be in full readiness. At 6 am he was brought to the building from which he made his shots. He gave the building name as hotel 'Kazatskaya'. --Resup (talk) 17:31, 20 November 2017 (UTC)
- Николай Азаров on Facebook February 21, 2017
- Post contains links to 12 YouTube videos and four other Ukrainian sources.
- Azarov's Bombshell: Ukrainian Ex-PM Reveals Who Was Behind Maidan Sniper Deaths - Sputnik, February 22, 2017
- On the eve of the third anniversary of Yanukovych's ouster, Mykola Azarov, who served as Ukraine's prime minister until his resignation in January 2014, offered a grim reminder of who he firmly believes to have been responsible for the Maidan massacre.
- In a detailed post on his Facebook page on Tuesday, complete with photo and video evidence, Azarov dropped a bombshell, writing that "today we, and investigators in Kiev as well, have reliable information about the fact that the murders on the Maidan were carried out by special groups of snipers from Georgia, the Baltic countries and Poland, under the guidance of instructors from France and Germany." ...
- These groups, Azarov said, "were provided with cover and diversionary actions by shooters from the 'Maidan Self-Defense' group under the direction of [Andriy] Parubiy and [Serhiy] Pashinsky," the former now serving as speaker of Ukraine's parliament, and the latter an MP and former interim head of the presidential administration.
- Going into more detail, Azarov explained that "the Georgian group, consisting of 10 people, was placed in the Conservatory building [which overlooks Maidan Square]. The identities of three of them have been confirmed by photographs taken by Ukrainian Security Forces staff, and it has been established that they are Georgian nationals. On February 20,  this group divided into two. One of them fired from the Conservatory Building, the other from the Hotel Ukraine Building.
- "It is also assumed that a third group of professional shooters was involved in the mass killings, who in the space of only 30 minutes shot over 50 people in cold blood from the building on Gorodetsky street and were immediately moved out of the area," the ex-politician added.
Italian Documentary November 2017
Italian TV Documentary "War in Ukraine: The hidden truth" by journalist Gian Micalessin from late November 2017. Video versions:
- English subs/Russian voice-over, 21:35 length, published 20 November, 2017
- Original: Esclusivo: Guerra in Ucraina, le verità nascoste
- Youtube copy of Italian original: Video (in Italian), appeared 17 November, 2017, length 20:02
- La versione dei cecchini sulla strage di Kiev: «Ordini dall'opposizione» - Gian Micalessin, il Giornale, November 15, 2017
- Translation: Maidan Massacre Bombshell - via Ivan Katchanovski on Facebook, November 16, 2017
- Georgian snipers, who previously served in Saakashvili security, reportedly confess to massacring along with Lithuanian snipers both police and protesters on the Maidan in a new Italian documentary film.
- "But who should shoot?" I asked. He replied that it did not matter who and where, you had to shoot somewhere so much to sow chaos.
- (allegedly) Hired in Tbilisi by Mamuka Mamulashvili, Saakashvili's military advisor, are tasked with supporting - along with other Georgian and Lithuanian volunteers - ongoing demonstrations in Kiev in return for a $ 5,000 final fee.
- (as quoted) Four years later Alexander [Revazishvilli] and his two companions reported that they had not yet received the slightest reward and had also decided to tell the truth about who used them and abandoned them. "At that time I did not realize, I was not ready, then I understood. We've been used. Used and stuck. "
Blogger comments from one of the first Russian summaries of the film (labuda.blog) (may involve a broad overview/interpretation, not matching the film in every detail--check the videos above for precise details of the claims):
- First, their task was to monitor the order on the Maidan so that there would be no clashes, then they were brought to the hotel 'Ukraine' and checked in with mercenaries from Poland, Latvia, Lithuania and other countries.
- The most important task was: DO NOT LET MAYDAN DISPERSE, because if people go home and they get tired of protesting, -and it was still cold, -then THEY FAILED THE ENTIRE OPERATION.
- Opposite to the hotel Ukraine there is the building of the Conservatory; they were told that early in the morning on the 21st there will be the first shot from there and they will have to start shooting from their positions.
- They clearly told that from the Conservatory they were shooting at the backs of peaceful protesters, and from the hotel Ukraine they shot at the back of Berkut.
Observations from German summary of film (Maidanmorde: Drei Beteiligte gestehen, Stefan Korinth, Telepolis, November 19, 2017, expanded and updated version: Explosive Geständnisse, Rubikon, November 24, 2017)
- Details not in Katchanovski's translation of teaser article: Other two people are named Koba Nergadze and Kvarateskelia Zalogy. Hired in December 2013 in Tiflis by Mamulashvili to "support the revolt". Flown to Ukraine on January 15, got 1,000 dollars each in advance with the promise of additional 4,000 after engagement finished. Checked into Hotel Ukraina, participated in unarmed street clashes. On February 18, weapons were distributed to them by people led by politician Sergey Pashinsky (caught on video the same day transporting rifle in his car). Also among weapons distributers was Right Sektor militant Volodymyr Parasyuk who threatened Yanukovic with storming parliament from the Maidan stage. Shooting orders on February 20 came from US-veteran sniper Brian Christopher Boyenger. Several shooters. The three don't say if and what they hit (don't confess to anything more than shooting). Shooting lasted 15-20 minutes, then realizing what happened the three immediately and independently fled, Revazishvili from the Conservatorium and the other two from the Hotel Ukraina.
- --CE (talk) 09:46, 20 November 2017 (UTC)
- Participants in 2014 Ukrainian coup confess - Eric Zuesse, Greanville Post, November 18, 2017
- Another False Flag Terror ADMISSION: Snipers In the Ukraine “Protests” - WashingtonsBlog, November 16, 2017
- “Snipers on Maidan” as Poroshenko's Tool to Stay in Power - Rostislav Ishchenko, ria.ru via Stalker Zone, November 23, 2017
- Cheap dignity of the Ukrainian revolution - Oriental Review, November 23, 2017
- Analysis: Doubts cast on Italian sniper claims about Ukraine's Maidan - Stephen Ennis, BBC Monitoring, November 28, 2017
- Зачем адвокаты "беркутовцев" заводят в дело о расстрелах на Майдане "грузинских снайперов" - Vitaliy Gubin, Strana.ua, December 12, 2017
- Why do the lawyers of the "Berkutovites" bring in the case of executions on the Maidan "Georgian snipers" + Summary in English
- The Maidan Massacre: US Army Orders: Sow Chaos - Christopher Black, New Eastern Outlook, December 15, 2017
- milenko nedelkovski Gruzija02 rus (with Russian subtitles)
- Ivan Katchanovski on Facebook, November 28, 2017
- Wow! Another bombshell about the Maidan massacre: One of Georgians, who stated in an Italian TV documentary that they were in the groups of Maidan snipers, gave a one-hour long interview to a Macedonian TV show. This Georgian said that an adviser of then Georgian president selected him because he was a military sniper, gathered their group in the beginning of 2013, i.e. a year before the Maidan massacre, informed them that there would be a “coup” in Ukraine and that they traveled in March and September 2013 to the Independence Square (Maidan) in Kyiv to survey best positions for snipers and identified the Hotel Ukraina, Music Conservatory and Zhovtnevyi Palace as such. He stated that they again flew to Ukraine during the “Euromaidan” mass protesters in the end of January 2014 with a task of provoking the Berkut anti-riot police to use force against the Maidan protesters and spill blood of the protesters. Macedonian and Russian-language versions of this TV program were posted on its YouTube channel. (long post continues.)
- In or before March 2013, he is called to Koba Khobazi office (Koba Khobazi with Mamulashvilli on this photo)
- First visit to Kiev, we came to a residential building on Vozdukhoflotskaya (like struggling to recall), where MOD building is (mapped)
- He was with ... Kemularia, Gogokhia (same here ) + Kipiani (?)
- Ivan Katchanovski : The last name of another Georgian killed during the Maidan massacre in strange circumstances matches Davyd Kipiani, whose body was reportedly found close to midnight on February 20 in an area far from the shooting
The snipers would be the linchpin of a very important operation - the real ones, I suspect, will be serious, non-cajoled, well-paid and will stay quiet. What moron all but forces them to do it and then refuses to pay them? That's a recipe for admissions like this. I understand this is not a new twist but a verification of claims already made? I didn't compare names and such. Well then in the whole accusation, this sounds to me kind of like cartoon villain idiocy meant to make the villains look like cheapskates, and probably bad-smelling, etc. It could well be valid anyway, but there's my initial (and I guess belated) doubt. --Caustic Logic (talk) 10:45, 17 November 2017 (UTC)
- I have not heard about those specific alleged Georgian snipers before. It was probably quite chaotic and many participants did not have sufficient experience in this sort of thing, including organizers, like (cashier?) Yatseniuk; using hired help was common; so it seems not totally out Professionals quite likely need to be foreign, as local professionals likely from security or army and may be unwilling or not fully reliable here; while Western professionals could be a bit fancy (and in any case we will not hear anything definite any time soon); so some contributing Georgians (or Chechens, or Baltic ones) seems a possibility; there may be others who are locals, as I guess was alleged earlier. What is quite suspicious here is placing it on Saakashvilli while he is busy with his 'Mikho-Maidan', so what's desirable to check is that it is not planted on him (but checking is difficult; how?). He had some shouting-and-glass -throwing with Avakov, and there are other characters in the game too. --Resup (talk) 11:33, 17 November 2017 (UTC)
- There's a certain logic to it, a few reasons why. But still, ... well, wait. One said he was told don't bother shooting people, just shoot and add to the chaos. There did seem to be a lot of useless shots just be noisy and scary, perhaps. Using day laborers for that part maybe, as the real snipers sneak their martyr-making shots into the noise. But still, it's just stupid use of money to cheap out on even these outer-ring gunmen. People like this planning coups and such can be stupid, but they tend not to be. So, possible disinfo claim, and I suggest caution. --Caustic Logic (talk) 12:43, 17 November 2017 (UTC)
- See the details from the film I added from the German summary. Seems more plausible now. They were not hired as snipers, but as ordinary thugs and had been "protesting" for a month already, and got 1,000 dollars in advance. As things escalated, they were told to shoot but don't confess to anything but that. And Saakashvili himself (like Resup I also found that timing suspicious) is not said to be involved in any way, just connected to the recruiters and the trio from his time as president via security service and party. Anyway, caution can never hurt. --CE (talk) 09:46, 20 November 2017 (UTC)
- A Georgian article, from February 2016, mentions that Boyenger joined Georgian Legion of Mamulashvilli. It describes events after Maidan only. Brian Christopher Boyenger, a retired officer and former sniper from the US Army’s elite 101st Airborne Division, is the first US citizen to formally join the Ukrainian military in an official combat role since hostilities broke out against Russian forces and their separatist proxies in April 2014. (Noted: Russian-lead sources are quite fond of placing blame on Americans; this guy appears to be mostly a soldier, + did some training, but not a big planner...) --Resup (talk) 12:57, 20 November 2017 (UTC)
Regarding BBC counter-claim , more here. There are several separate issues actually (1) whether it is true that there were snipers, firing both at Berkut and protesters. This is not an exact science statement but it appears to be highly likely/high confidence based mostly on lots of different considerations all pointing to the same thing (2) whether those snipers were on pro-Maidan side. Gennady Moskal was placing blame on Yanukovich side but I do not see much evidence or reason for that to be true, and some evidence that it is false (like attempted ballistics studies, witnesses, etc), so 'most likely' those were pro-Maidan, I'd say, pretty confidently (3) whether those particular Georgians were hired by Saak associates to be those snipers; BBC piece places serious doubt here; there is a case to answer here at least --Resup (talk) 16:08, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- Skimmed that BBC thing. Did I miss something or is their whole point of discrediting Revazishvili that he is not the person they claim he claims to be in that Maidan video? Obvious explanation knowing their methods would be that he is someone else in the video/tent, but it would take more time than I am willing to spend to check that out. --CE (talk) 18:00, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- They identified a Life news video (apparently this). Revazishvili watches that video (or maybe another video which has the same scene; or maybe it's editing job went wrong and his comment, it's me, is not about the video we see him watching at an adjacent (Italian) video scene; but it appears that the above Life news video is indeed the video he watches). The thing is, there is nobody even resembling him on the Life news video (2 Feb. 2014). At full resolution, and watching the same video, it is impossible to make such mistake. One person, accused of burning cars by Ukraine, has his face hidden, but it's unlikely our sniper was burning cars). So, this is not something totally impossible with some reasonable explanation ('we did film some of it in Hollywood, for smooth running of the story'), but as it stands appears to cast strong doubt. Apart from that episode, I did not spot anything independently placing him and his 2 other pals on Maidan, apart from their own words. He gives lots of other details in the follow-up video (though I did not spot anything not easy to find on internet and verified to be as he says it is). Somebody may be able to check it out further; or get an explanation from the Italian video authors on what happened with that episode; or something ; but we have what we have for now --Resup (talk) 21:31, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- Actually, hard to be certain about the main bulk of his claims. It may be that it was mostly as he says, but he got handlers for his media appearances, and those and journalists are making errors. He is a simple guy, says joined Georgian army after school; there are no obvious signs of fool play elsewhere. It's just that his account has major implications so some skepticism and desire to have more evidence, not just his words on camera, is warranted. (Also, the claim it started in early 2013, not sure about that...does not take a year to identify possible sniper positions...and Maidan started to form later, I would think...) Ukr MP Rabinovich is asking to get formal testimonies of journalists and witnesses, that sounds like a good idea (he made a formal request, with no answer at this point) --Resup (talk) 12:29, 30 November 2017 (UTC)
Regarding Makedonian video: he gives lots of details (verbally), and it may be possible to verify or falsify. One strange thing is that interviewer speaks in Macedonian, Revazishvili speaking in Russian, with no cross translation or clear evidence they both fully understand each other. There are lots of jump cuts on video as well. --Resup (talk) 16:08, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
TV echo in Ukraine
- Rada accused Saakashvili of bringing snipers to Maidan - Vadim Sinitsyn, TV Zvezda, November 16, 2017
- Accusation was made by Rada MP Vadim Rabinivich on News One televised debate between himself and Saakashvilli (video). (Rabinovitch is listed as NewsOne founder)
- Rabinovich I want the Prosecutor's Office to consider my words as an official statement. I'm just reading to you. General of the Georgian army Tristan Tsitalishvili said that the snipers who shot at us on the Maidan belonged to Saakashvili.
- Saakashvilli: Russian agent! An agent of GRU!
- Rabinovich: Another Russian agent, Minister of Interior affairs (of Georgia) Alexander Chikoidze, also an agent, said that he personally knows last names of snipers which were brought here by Saakashvilli
- (The exchange is at the end of one hour talk show--full video, NewsOne, 15 November, 2017).
- --Resup (talk) 03:58, 18 November 2017 (UTC)
- Mamuka Mamulashvili: A Threat to Georgia’s National Security or Everyone Else’s? by Henry Kamens, New Eastern Outlook, 08.10.2015
- The article makes conjectures on who funds Mamulashvili and his media support team
- Mamuka Mamulashvili awarded the title of "National Hero of Ukraine", slavaukraine.net (Glory to Ukraine.net), 6 February, 2016
- September 19, 2015. Mamuka Mamulashvili awarded the title of "national Hero of Ukraine" and was awarded the first non - governmental award-the order "national Hero of Ukraine".
- - What is the salary of the soldiers of the Legion?
- - The soldiers of our Legion was never paid and does not pay. We refused any salary. We help our families and, of course, volunteers.
- - Where do you get weapons and ammunition?
- - Weapons (are) trophy
- American Ex-Paratrooper Joins Georgian Legion Fighting in Ukraine, Georgia Today, by Nicholas Waller , 26 February 2016 (supportive profile of Mamuka Mamulashvili).
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Shoot at All Targets on Maidan': New Evidence of Georgian Snipers - Andrey Veselov, Sputnik, February 14, 2018
- Translated from: «Стрелять по всем на Майдане» ("Shoot at all on the Maidan") - Andrey Veselov, RIA Novosti, February 13, 2018
- On February 20, 2014, a sniper fire was opened on the Kiev Maidan, 53 people were killed - 49 protesters and four law enforcement officers. Opposition leaders blamed "Viktor Yanukovych's regime" for this. Nevertheless, the official investigation was at an impasse: criminals were not found. The correspondent of RIA Novosti met in Tbilisi with the alleged snipers. They come from Georgia, but now they are hiding in Armenia - they are afraid for their life. They claim that the leaders gave the orders to the Maidan. Moreover, it was a direct order to shoot not only policemen, but also protesters, to harden the crowd and provoke a political crisis.
- Грузинский снайпер обвинил двух депутатов в причастности к расстрелу Майдана (Georgian sniper accused two deputies of involvement in the shooting of Maidan) - Vesti (Ukraine), February 13, 2018
- Georgian sniper Alexander Revazishvili accused the incumbent head of the Committee on National Security of the Verkhovna Rada, Sergei Pashinsky and People's Deputy Vladimir Parasyuk that they personally took part in the murder of people on the Maidan in February 2014.
- "Pashinsky fired his machine with short bursts. Parasyuk from the carbine "Saiga", his father from the carbine SKS", - says Revazishvili according to RIA Novosti
Some previous doubts about Revazishvili still apply, what's the evidence he was there, since one of documentary claims placing him on Maidan was shown to be inaccurate. RIA article says that they have copies of airline tickets of Revazishvili and Nergadze. Article also says that fake passports were used, in the name of Georgy Karusanizde, 1977 DOB in case of Nergadze. So then the ticket is presumably on this fake/different name, and then evidence is needed to show that Karusanizde ticket is actually Nergadze's, like his fake passport, etc. Maybe they got all that, but it is not explained or documented in the article. Anyway, they do need to testify in court, as they may indeed have important and legit information, and the only way to sort it out is on court or by proper investigation. NO reason to shut it off, even if there is some (initial) doubt --Resup (talk) 21:45, 14 February 2018 (UTC)
- EXCLUSIVE: What Strikes Fear Into Ukraine: Sputnik Publishes Evidence by Georgian Snipers - Sputnik, February 15, 2018
- Tickets copies are published (a bit strange that a later ticket of Revazishvili has lower e-ticket number than earlier one of 'Karusanidze'. PS.Hahn air is Ukrainian). Also, Veselov (RIA) gives Negradze false name as Karusanidze, and on the ticket we have Karusamidze, FWIW (may be innocent misspelling of course). --Resup (talk) 20:28, 17 February 2018 (UTC)
- Four Years Later and the Heavenly Hundred Haven’t Seen Justice - Official Story Takes Turn to Absurd - Vesti News, February 19, 2018
OAN documentary January 2020
- ‘The Ukraine Hoax: Impeachment, Biden Cash, Mass Murder’ Debuting This Weekend On OAN - OAN Newsroom, January 24, 2020
- In the documentary, Caputo exposes the cover-up that led to the impeachment of President Donald Trump and mass murder. The Democrats’ crusade to kick our duly elected president out of office didn’t start with a phone call. It began with Ukrainian corruption, election meddling and a bloody coup that cleared a path for Hunter Biden to get rich.
- 'The Ukraine Hoax: Impeachment, Biden Cash, Mass Murder' debuting this weekend on OAN - One America News Network, January 24, 2020 (4-minute introduction)
- Украинский обман One America News - правда о майдане, February 8, 2020 (full 50-minute video dubbed in Russian)
Who was behind the operation?
- Promise Me, Dad: A Year of Hope, Hardship, and Purpose - Joe Biden, Flatiron Books, Nov 14, 2017 (Republished by 24-my.info: What Biden said about Ukraine in his memoirs, December 26, 2017)
- I made the last of many urgent calls to Yanukovich in late February of 2014, when his snipers were assassinating Ukrainian citizens by the dozens and we had credible reports that he was contemplating an even more vicious crackdown. I had been warning him for months to exercise restraint in dealing with his citizens, but on this night, three months into the demonstrations, I was telling him it was over; time for him to call off his gunmen and walk away. His only real supporters were his political patrons and his operators in the Kremlin, I reminded him, and he should not expect his Russian friends to rescue him from this disaster. Yanukovich had lost the confidence of the Ukrainian people, I said, and he was going to be judged harshly by history if he kept killing them. The disgraced president fled Ukraine the next day -owning to the courage and determination of the demonstrators - and control of the government ended up temporarily in the hands of a young patriot named Arseniy Yatsenyuk.
- @Kilicbil Hi - regarding this pic - who added the info regarding suspected sniper? http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/man-suspected-of-being-a-sniper-and-member-of-the-pro-news-photo/474130789
- @Kilicbil Hi Bulent - are you & AFP aware that this man is Rostislav Vasilko - a Communist Party official? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=672554276134265
From around: "A man suspected of being a sniper and member of the pro-government forces is forced by anti-government protestors to pay his respects to a mourning place of a victim killed in the recent clashes in Kiev on February 22..." That was pretty clear though. A sniper? Who was THE sniper? Is this the guy they caught at 1:15 , just kept around and dragged out for photos? That does look like him. Horrific details here. --Caustic Logic (talk) 15:08, 10 March 2014 (UTC)
I wasn't able to do much with a Google search, but e-mailed Mark. He says Vasilko's reportedly been smuggle to Russia and is safe. Adds this valuable source - way down the page, many photos as the guy was paraded around town by a lynch mob, translated descriptions accompany. The photographer, apparently putting this together himself (?) was deeply disturbed by it all. "Then I heard one of them shouted, standing around explaining: - "Berkut" caught! "Berkut"! This "eagle", bitch! - "Golden Eagle"?? - Instantly reacted people - Kill him! Kill this thing!" First photo. He also points to the only mainstream story dealing with it so far, in Spain. Many ran the AFP photo. Haha, serves' em right, most are supposed to think. But more stories likely will come. --Caustic Logic (talk) 14:26, 11 March 2014 (UTC)
Mr. Vasilko is allegedly identified as Berkut by a shoulder tattoo those are supposed to have. Looks kind of like a spider web to me. Is that the complete BS it sounds like? If not, how/why did he get the tattoo? Etc. "Berkut" or "sniper" is the Ukrainian equivalent of "Shabiha" in Syria or "African Mercenary" in Libya. More on the unnamed abuse victim: http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ukraine-crisis/ukraine-protesters-detain-beat-suspected-sniper-n36196 - pulled. Cited [here]:
- An alleged sniper and member of the pro-government forces was detained and beaten by anti-government protesters after Kiev fell into opposition hands Saturday. Opposition demonstrators had earlier surrounded the president's offices in the city's government district.
unrelated riot video (odd) also has this as the title/description.
- Daily Mail: Moment suspected Ukrainian SNIPER was dragged by the hair and beaten by anti-government protesters as president reportedly flees capital They love "moments." --Caustic Logic (talk) 13:46, 18 March 2014 (UTC)
- Maidan sniper found - February 8, 2015
- It serves in Aidar battalion. In the last photo he is standing in an embrace with the appointed Governor of Lugansk region Moskal (pro-Ukrainian).
- Matches militant to man in Hotel Ukraine video
- The militia captured the sniper from Maidan - February 19, 2015
- Also here. Unsure, -prisoner seem to have heavier, broader chin, broader cheekbones. (Also, on sniper video, a gunman fires in starting seconds, but the sound appears to be of an air-gun) --Resup (talk) 06:56, 21 February 2015 (UTC)
Poroshenko yesterday on the massacre anniversary, on Maidan:
- Recently, the Security Service informed me that interrogated "Alpha" warriors gave testimony that Assistant to the President of Russia Vladislav Surkov had commanded the groups of foreign snipers on Maidan.
- He's not making much sense. They didn't fight Yanukovych the puppet, but he's the main culprit they want. Russia plotted to tear him down, but he cooperated over the phone. The "heavenly hundred" willingly sacrificed themselves (oh, did they? Who picked the self-sacrificers to go in first?) so others could be "living and breathing and have a unique chance to change the country for the best." "They died for Ukraine to become truly independent, powerful and successful European state." Thanks, Surkov? No, he's still mad about this Russian plan ... that worked out that way, brought his insane ass to power. And of course Russia's plans brough Ukraine together: "We have been united into a single Ukrainian political nation" since a year ago, didn't you know? It's a European nation! --Caustic Logic (talk) 01:39, 22 February 2015 (UTC)
John G.O. Christensen
A montage published by Politikus.ru purports to show that Danish "OSCE inspector" John G.O. Christensen captured in Slavyansk and later released was one of the Maidan snipers in Hotel Ukraine seen on the Ruptly video.
I do not know where Christensen was on February 20th, but from what I read elsewhere, many of the "OSCE" team members had been in Ukraine for some time, possibly even before February 20, 2014. (In fact, the image claims that he arrived in Ukraine on November 16, 2013.) -- Petri Krohn (talk) 00:29, 9 May 2014 (UTC)
A leaked document shows Christensen did not arrive in Odessa in March along with the 60 other observers invited by Ukraine. We need to check if any other on the list were imprisoned in Slavyansk. -- Petri Krohn (talk) 12:55, 14 April 2015 (UTC)
- Moskal: "I went today to Trehizbenka and met an agent of the British intelligence MI6, a representative of the Kiev junta and a slave owner in one person. Tremble, you separs!" (separatists) ( ('Kiev junta' and 'slave owner' are on one of the man's stripes, Aidar on another) --Resup (talk) 04:15, 14 December 2015 (UTC)
- Maidan Translators: all posts tagged "snipers" Accessed February 28, 2014