Talk:January 2022 Donbass false-flag attack plan
I have not found a proper sources for the DPR claim, but here is a summary by Erwan Castel. (Machine translated from French)
- SITREP of January 21, 2022
- The military intelligence of the militias, supported by Russian resources and civilian information confirm the deployment on the front of the People's Republic of Donetsk of 6 Ukrainian groups specialized in special operations (sabotage, assassinations, attacks...) in the sectors of Gorlovka, Yasinovataya, Donetsk and Dokuchaievsk. Intelligence on the Lugansk front confirmed a similar threat.
- These spotted groups are linked to the recent deployment on the front of the 8th Ukrainian Special Forces Regiment, which Major General Galagan, Commander of the Ukrainian Special Operations Forces of the Ukrainian Armed Forces, has instructed to prepare special missions in the Donbass whose potential objectives could be, for example, the collective living facilities of the populations:
- electrical transformer substations,
- water and gas pipes,
- power lines.
- but also collective and industrial installations producing dangerous chemicals:
- chemical plant,
- drinking water treatment plant,
- metallurgical plant...
- Today a body of information and information attest to the threat of a Ukrainian false flag weighing on chemical sites, which would have the advantage of shocking international opinion and impacting the defenders and emptying a nearby urban objective of its inhabitants. from the forehead.
- It should be noted that the members of this 8th regiment of the Ukrainian special forces were trained by British SAS instructors, and that in the sectors of their deployment also arrived reporters from Western media whose mission of broadcasting oriented and scripted information if "false flags" are actually conducted, in order to feed international organizations and public opinion the Western political and economic reaction already on its starting blocks.
- Special operations forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine are preparing a series of explosions at life support facilities in the cities of the DPR - DAN News, January 19, 2022
- DPR briefing -Basurin, YouTube, January 19, 2022
Noted: both sides persist in accusing each other in preparing provocations. In the meantime, the West sends weapons and instructors, (anti-tank NLAW weapons +SAS instructors, prepares to send Russian-made MI-17 attack helicopters initially bought by USA for pro-US Afghani forces, authorizes Baltic states to send weapons including "Javelins" and "Stingers," prepares economic sanctions, saturates news with stories of upcoming Russian aggression, etc. --Resup (talk) 00:29, 22 January 2022 (UTC)
- I found the original web source. This was published already on January 19, but I only now saw it on Colonel Cassad's Telegram channel.
- -- Petri Krohn (talk) 15:07, 24 January 2022 (UTC)
Foreigners on Ukrainian side?
- Forward observations group in Donbass - Cassad, January 23, 2022
- Possible match (tattoo, as faces not really seen) with, maybe, Derrick Bales, reported to be (by vice. of reliability unknown to me) "ex US soldier turned influencer," with some earlier reports to do with visits to Azov Nazis or something (ibid). Perhaps, not much mileage, another self-promoter or crazy visiting other crazies, apart from overall tensions amplifying the effect--if it's him at all, and not, well, as they say over there, some "girl designers." (NB, the song on the last video is Unaloon - Codependency; cool, but I do not see something adding to the topic on the videos) --Resup (talk) 22:01, 23 January 2022 (UTC)
- The claim is, that those are US special forces in Avdeevka (while it looks more like PMC or ex-military self-promoters).
It is pretty clear that neither side is eager to attack first, and both are using this as bargaining tool. So, this will stay put, until some new temporary negotiated solution is found (or until some assholes will succeed to provoke, with roughly 120K troops with heavy weaponry facing each other, for Russia to win, at very heavy economic, human, and global cost) --Resup (talk) 11:02, 25 January 2022 (UTC)