- Trump to get briefing, Intel report says US identifies go-betweens who gave emails to WikiLeaks - CNN, January 6, 2017
- US intelligence has identified the go-betweens the Russians used to provide stolen emails to WikiLeaks, according to US officials familiar with the classified intelligence report that was presented to President Barack Obama on Thursday. Meanwhile, US intelligence has received new information following the election that gave agencies increased confidence that Russia carried out the hack and did so, in part, to help Trump win. Included in that new information were intercepted conversations of Russian officials expressing happiness at Trump's win. Another official described some of the messages as congratulatory.
- Don't know what actually happened as meaningful facts are not presented. This does not really account for the issue on whether information was hacked or leaked. But media coverage is trying to make mileage out of this anyway. There is hardly any surprise that Trump win was celebrated; most of the world population knew about elections and took a position, one way or another; in Russia, considerable part of population was leaning Trump. Also, November 7 is a traditional holiday (used to be October 1917 revolution day, celebrated in November as old calendar was used in 1917; that was replaced by a 'national unity day' on November 4, but popular memory is still to have a holiday on November 7, not November 4.) This holiday was celebrated for 2 days, 7-8 November, from 1927 till 1992. There was also Soviet Militia (Police) day on 10 November. (This may cover the US election day, 8 Nov 2016). --Resup (talk) 14:20, 6 January 2017 (UTC)
- I think these freaks in "intelligence" and media are just afraid that Trump will rent some real estate in Siberia from Putin and open some old-fashioned labour camps for them. --CE (talk) 14:38, 6 January 2017 (UTC)
- "Intercepted communications" = CIA followed the Twitter & VK accounts of senior Russian officials and trolls. -- Petri Krohn (talk) 15:09, 6 January 2017 (UTC)
Have not really dwelled into this Guccifer2.0 thing, and don't anticipate having time; but some thoughts anyway. Essentially a distraction, in my opinion. It is well publicized that Russian government moved away from Microsoft; and in any case unlikely to get involved on its own. The worst case scenario, this is a Russian freelancer; so where does it lead? -Link to services, likely, but cannot be proved, so can (and will be) denied. So where all this will lead? All of that distract from significant matters, that election was won by campaign which connected better and had made broadly more attractive promises on jobs, economy, etc; and that improved and more sensible relations with Russia is better than confrontation, especially of the sort driven by unhinged domestic politicking/profiteering. It just makes things domestically ungovernable, at constant impasse. Those electronic clues, RTF lang1049 (Russian), \styrsid11758497 in three docs, and whatever else, on the technical side, can come about from amateurish freelancer, or whatever freak he may be; but there is no difficulty to insert those as well to make it look that way. I do not see what we can contribute on that issue. Without other solid facts it becomes largely an exercise into which of the security service we trust more/mistrust less, as technically there is no problem, either way. --Resup (talk) 05:45, 27 May 2017 (UTC)
Guccifer 2.0 data dump
On September 13, 2016 Guccifer 2.0 released an archive file named 7dc58-ngp-van.7z magnet, uploadfiles.io The file is locked with the password "(GuCCif3r_2.0)" parentheses included. The file contains a folder named /7dc58-ngp-van, with about 2.3 GB of DNC files. The file size is 711 396 436 bytes.
- @wikileaks on Twitter - September 13, 2016
- 678.4 MB of new "DNC documents" from @Guccifer_2 Magnet: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ED9C54D8CE543F9A45D180FD58B4C56CF2A3FC1E
- Pass: (GuCCif3r_2.0)
- Magnet link for latest DNC dump - Reddit, September 13, 2016
- WIKILEAKS DUMPS MASSIVE NEW DNC LEAK - Tea Party Command Center, September 14, 2016
Jason Goodman - Defango shouting match
On June 1, 2017 someone who calls himself The Rabbit gives a thumb dive to @RealTrishDish, leading her to believe it originally came from Seth Rich. She uploads a .ZIP archive to Google Drive and tweets the link during a live session with George Webb and Jason Goodman.
- @RealTrishDish on Twitter - June 1, 2017
- .@csthetruth & .@GeorgWebb
- NGP VAN file https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1p2JjuUBi9iSEgwem1RVFRWbEk #SethRich
It is soon discovered that the contents is almost identical to the Guccifer 2 dump. There is just 376 bytes of unique data in the archive. The new material is four lock files from September 14, 94 bytes each. Contents of lock file ~lock.Equities.xlsx: Daniel V,DANSPC/Dan,DansPC,14.09.2016 10:14,file:///C:/Users/Dan/AppData/Roaming/OpenOffice/4; It seems that someone named "Daniel V" downloaded the Guccifer 2 archive, opened 4 files in Open Office, created the .zip file, and gave it to some fool who said he got it from Seth Rich.
Jason Goodman decides the files are infected by Pandemic. Defango says bullshit! George Webb and Jason Goodman throw Defango under the bus. Jason Goodman accuses Defango of spoofing the "Seth Rich files". Defango hits back and makes fun of Jason.
P.S. - Explained by Adam Carter here: The Webb of Deceit: Crowd-Sourced Confusion - June 7th, 2017