Talk:Alleged Chemical Attack, April 7, 2016
- Syrian Islamist group Jaysh al-Islam admits using banned weapons against Kurds in Aleppo--Resup (talk) 22:12, 7 April 2016 (UTC)
- No idea is it true or not and what's really going on...--Resup (talk) 22:13, 7 April 2016 (UTC)
- Report of the Russian Centre for reconciliation of opposing sides in the Syrian Arab Republic (April 7, 2016). Date of release, according to Russian language version, is 07.04.2016 (19:40) . Chemical attack and shelling incidents in the evening apparently are not included. --Resup (talk) 20:03, 8 April 2016 (UTC)
- RIA, 23:48 07.04.2016 . Konashenkov: "in the past day, about 1.5 thousand "Dzhebhat Al-Nusra" fighters attacked the positions of the people's militia in the Sheikh Maqsood quarter. After the aerial survey and determining the exact coordinates, Russian air group planes performed strikes on advancing reinforcements of the militants. As a result of the strikes by Russian planes, the terrorists retreated". --Resup (talk) 20:57, 8 April 2016 (UTC)
- US State Department Daily briefing, April 8. Looking into IS use of mustard gas, OK to work with OPCW, Russia, but:
- QUESTION: What about the reports that Jaysh al-Islam was involved, who have taken responsibility for this, and they’re one of the parties that have a delegation in the intra-Syrian talks?
- MR TONER: Yeah, and I apologize. I just don’t have any information on that at this point. I’d have to look into it.
- RT: ‘Jaysh al-Islam should be eliminated from Geneva talks over Aleppo chemical attack ’, Apr. 8, 2016.
- So far, little discussion, or any coverage at all in fact, will be entering opinions I see here. --Resup (talk) 10:31, 10 April 2016 (UTC)
Some photos of the sort being looked at here for a while--Resup (talk) 22:18, 7 April 2016 (UTC)
Symptoms/signs ... these will be of interest. The breathing problems seem too general to say much. The photos show maybe a blast and rubble in one case (little seen) and the other serious eye problems and blood all over his face ... also too vague to call but possibly from chlorine. It turns to acid on contact with water (eyes, lungs, etc.) and dissolved tissue. Worth more investigation. --Caustic Logic (talk) 14:45, 11 April 2016 (UTC)
The effects of chlorine gas are important and mysterious in a few important cases in Syria. We saw in Sarmin a year ago chlorine with almost opposite the usual effect, in the Ghouta attack sarin that sometimes kills like chlorine (we think) and in the "Caesar" photos, Assad torture chambers that kill like chlorine gas chambers. JaI is in the frame for both Ghouta and the photos. The latter is most interesting at the moment, as I work on a report about it. But I'm still lacking visual examples of what chlorine does to make it more clear (to the reader and to me). I hate to see that it happened, but seeing how it happens - in an extreme case of blood coughing and eye damage - that could be useful. --Caustic Logic (talk) 14:45, 11 April 2016 (UTC)
- “The Sheikh Maqsoud district in Aleppo was attacked with chemical weapons on Tuesday evening. Radical groups launched dozens of rockets filled with yellow phosphorus element,” the Kurdish People’s Protection Units (YPG) said in a statement.
A CDC pagee explains this causes irritation of the skin, eyes, and respiratory tract - all similar effects to chlorine. It's possible the same was used a month later, if that's what a yellow phosphorous cloud looks like.