Sri Lanka Easter bombings
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Islamic State training camp busted in Sri Lanka - Blitz, January 27, 2019
- ‘Why was warning ignored?’ Sri Lankan minister tweets intel letter from 10 days before bombings - RT, April 21, 2019
- Islamic State claims Sri Lanka blasts, as government says probe making progress - Reuters, April 23, 2019
- Sri Lanka suicide bomber 'studied in the UK', defence minister announces as death toll rises to 359 - The Telegraph, April 24, 2019
- Sri Lanka expels 200 Islamic clerics after Easter attacks - AFP via Free Malaysia Today, May 5, 2019 5
ISIS claims responsibility
- National Thowheed Jamath suspected/named on intelligence papers.
- Photos emerged which purport to show three assailants, Abu Ubaida, Abul Barra (masked), Abul Mukhtar (masked), behind IS flag. Further, it is claimed that Abu Ubaida is the same person as NTJ operative Zahran Hashin (who is named in intelligence warning papers).
However so far there has not been a release in established IS sources claiming responsibility
- 23 Aug 2019. IS claimed responsibility.
- It is said that AQ discouraged attacking churches.
- Baghdadi Is Back And Turkey Might Be His Next Target - Moon of Alabama, April 29, 2019
Saudi Embassy document
- Saudi Arabia Has, ‘Literally’, Sri Lankan Blood on Its Hands! - Alahed News, May 2, 2019
- Saudi Govt. knew the Easter Bombings in Sri Lanka Days Before? - Sri Lanka Guardian, May 5, 2019
- Saudi Embassy rejects allegations in Sri Lankan newspaper as 'baseless lie' - Saudi Gazette, May 5, 2019
- Cui Bono? Analysts Explain Hidden Message Behind Sri Lankan Bloodbath - Ekaterina Blinova, Sputnik, April 24, 2019
- Sri Lanka Blasts: Terrorism Targets Another Chinese Ally - Tony Cartalucci, New Eastern Outlook, April 25, 2019
- Sri Lankan terrorism cocktail: infrastructure, mining-rights, and engineering degrees - Padraig McGrath, InfoRos, April 25, 2019
- Leaked Diplomatic Cable Suggests Saudi Foreknowledge of Sri Lanka Easter Bombings Whitney Webb, Mint Press May 15, 2019