Rebel Clinics and Hospitals
Sarmin - October 2015
Aleppo - 11 Febuary 2016
- Russian MOD, Feb. 11, 2016
- Yesterday, Pentagon spokesman Colonel Steven Warren, sitting in Iraq, said the alleged Russian aircraft bombed during day time two hospitals in Aleppo. As a result, he said, supposedly about 50 thousand Syrians have been deprived of essential services for them. Spokesman could not squeeze from himself anything more on the subject. Neither the time nor the origin of these hospitals or sources of the information. Just nothing.
- We had a night to scrutinize this information.
- When such nonsense is said by human rights activists in London - is one thing. But when it is said by a Pentagon official, who has positioned himself as a military professional - a completely different situation.
- We have carefully analyzed the data on targets, which were affected yesterday in Aleppo province. First of all, to disappoint Colonel Warren upset - he guessed wrong. Russian planes did not work yesterday in Aleppo area . The immediate aim was more than 20 kilometers from the city.
- And over by the city yesterday only actively flying aircrafts were from the so-called anti-IS coalition: aircraft and attack drones. As promised to our American partners, we will no longer hide this information.
- Yesterday at 13:55 Moscow time from Turkey, on the shortest course right on Aleppo, two "A-10" attack aircraft of the US Air Force entered the Syrian sky and fully 'worked' on the targets in the city. Colonel Warren somehow did not advertise this fly-by in direct and, incidentally, in a figurative sense, too.
- Let us not be like the American colonel, and to be honest: we had not have enough time to accurately determine the identity of those 9 objects they bombed yesterday in Aleppo. Perhaps among them were 2 hospital. We will take a closer look.
- But the situation is one to one similar to that when the Americans bombed a hospital in Kunduz, Afghanistan, or the position of the Iraqi Army in Fallujah. The first thing they do - they throw allegations against us to take away all suspicion.
- If this deal goes further, then soon we will have to hold two briefing, first for ourselves, and then for those guys from the coalition, who consider themselves professionals.
Maarat al-Numan - 15 Febuary 2016
- Syria crisis: Hospital strike deliberate, says MSF - BBC, February 15, 2016
- Seven people have died in an air strike on a Medecins Sans Frontieres hospital in northern Syria, the organisation said, calling it a "deliberate" attack. MSF blamed Syria's government or Russia for the raid in Maarat al-Numan. There has been no independent confirmation.
- A further eight people are missing from the strikes, the medical charity said. Separate strikes on a hospital in the same town, as well as on two more hospitals and a school in Azaz, killed at least 12 people, reports said.
- + Staged photo: A child is evacuated from the damaged hospital in Azaz
- ++ One more photo from here
- Data Shows Airstrikes on Syrian Hospital Launched by US-Led Coalition Jet - Sputnik, February 16, 2016
- Airstrikes on a hospital affiliated with Doctors Without Borders, or Medecins Sans Frontiers (MSF), and a children’s hospital in Syria were carried out by aircraft departing the US Incirlik Airbase in Turkey, a member of the Russian upper house’s Committee on International Policy said Tuesday.
- [ttp://news.yahoo.com/msf-seeks-independent-probe-bombing-syria-hospital-101501368.html MSF seeks independent probe] Reuters via Yahoo News, February 18
- According to accounts from medical staff onsite, four missiles struck the hospital in an attack lasting about two minutes. Forty minutes later, after rescuers arrived, the site was bombed again," said Dr. Joanne Liu, international president of the medical charity.
- "This attack can only be considered deliberate. It was probably carried out by the Syrian government-led coalition that is predominantly active in the region," she told a news briefing.... "The only thing predominantly in the region is the Syrian government-led coalition."
- "We would like the facts to be established, we are open for other mechanisms for an independent investigation," she said.
- MSF said it had not provided the hospital's GPS coordinates to Syrian or Russian authorities, at the request of local staff. "In Syria the problem faced by medical staff is if you give GPS (coordinates), you indicate where you are, they think the chance to be targeted is higher," Isabelle Defourny, director of operations for MSF France, told the briefing. "It is known that providing humanitarian assistance inside opposition-controlled areas is something which is criminialized by the Syrian government," she said.
- مركز المعرة الإعلامي - آثار الدمار في مشفى أطباء بلا حدود بعد قصفه بصواريخ الطيران الروسي (The effects of the destruction in the MSF hospital after bombed with missiles of the Russian aviation) - maara media center, Feb 15, 2016
- Conflict News @Conflicts Feb 15, 2016
- VIDEO: @SyriaCivilDef recovers bodies from the rubble of a @MSF supported hospital in #Idlib #Syria - @RamiSafadi93
- @HadiAlabdallah on February 15:
- IMAGE:Russian warplanes destroy Doctors Without Borders hospital in Maaret Anuman, killing 5. Dozens injured/missing pic.twitter.com/mImC0wc1LK
- IMAGE:Azaz's Children's Hospital-Aleppo, which used to see 4000 kids/month, put out of commission by Russian strike pic.twitter.com/lLtemcmfli
- IMAGE: Maaret Anuman's Watan Hospital also targeted by Russia today, killing/injuring dozens,including medical staff pic.twitter.com/bHG5sxA6vx
- Russian MoD response (Eng), Feb 16, 2016. Claims that this is propaganda 'cooked up' on February 10, in/by Turkey; and that there are no known hospitals by 'Doctors without borders' in the area, at best they are only 'supported' by the organization.
- On a previous recent occasion, February 11, Russian MoD blamed USA
- Syrian ambassador to Russia blamed Western coalition for the February 15 strike-Kommersant and Rusvesna.
Aleppo, April 28, 2016
"MSF says deadly air strike hit Aleppo hospital", BBC, April 28, 2016
Aleppo, July, 27 2016
- 4 hospitals hit "as a result of the escalating series of aerial attacks taking place against health facilities in Aleppo by Syrian and Russian warplanes", claims a source, quoting some 'Independent Doctor's Association'. Men in warm clothes are shown on top of ruins, somewhere. Must be a stock photo than? (Reported in Rusvesna along similar lines, noting absence of proof. Apparently reported in a number of other sources).
Aleppo, week ending 19 November 2016
"Harrowing video footage shows tiny babies being removed from their incubators in a smoke-filled ward, with nurses reduced to tears as they detach the tubing providing support and wrap the babies in blankets."
Brief Al-Jazeera video shows cameraman entering special care baby unit where two babies are shown being removed from incubators. Unit appears well-equipped and electricity is on. Most of the incubators appear to be unused and draped in cloth. Later photograph provided by "Yasser Al-rahil, journalist and member of the Revolutionary Forces of Syria media office" shows babies on floor somewhere under a blanket. A baby (looks small-for-dates rather than preterm) is shown being removed from an incubator. It's not clear if this baby is alive - doesn't move even when handled, and the neck appears stiff - doesn't sag even when the "nurse" lifts the baby one-handed without supporting the head. The two nurses carrying babies later hug each other for the camera, ignoring the babies they are carrying. If they are really trying to evacuate the unit, why take the babies out of the incubators? Incubators are easy to move on wheels.
There is a longer video on Mirror, walking with flash lights before entering a well-lit incubator room. Incubator baby looks stiff, dead indeed, but not a doc to tell for sure. And more possibly unrelated clips follow in the same video. There was a recent stream of hospital bombing accusations, including a clash with RT correspondent at State Sept press conference (not giving details, providing some later, and denied by the Russian MOD). This episode smells staged (just walking into most emotionally touching few sec moment?), follows numerous fakes routines, reminds of Nayirah testimony, --but as with any internet media hard to be sure exactly what on heck is going on. Having electricity, why and where are they supposedly evacuating? --Resup (talk) 00:45, 20 November 2016 (UTC) Al Jazeera report says their crew filmed this, capturing the attack as they filmed people with breathing problems from a previous attack, from toxic materials in a barrel bomb (a man is not coughing, then later coughing violently, and children wear masks - "when the room suddenly turned dark immediately after a loud explosion." (rather, the video cuts sudden\ly to a different dark room where an explosion of some kind is recorded). It says the babies were moved to an adjacent room and "staff told Al Jazeera that all of the babies survived the attack." The apparently dead baby with rigor mortis is noted as "visibly undernourished," suggesting how he or she died, independent of the attack. (since we're in talk mode) --Caustic Logic (talk) 00:59, 20 November 2016 (UTC)
- Syrian Hospital Strikes & the Unexpected War Criminals - Tony Cartalucci, New Eastern Outlook, February 21, 2016