Ukrainian journalist Pavel Sheremet was hailing from Belarus'. According to reports, he was not a radical, yet overall had taken quite moderately anti-Lukashenko, anti-Russian, and pro-US positions, supported Azov battalion (while noting its pro-fascist leanings), etc.
- Said to be his last program, Jul 20, 2016
- One of his last programs, published Jul. 20, 2016, followed by car explosion video
- Anti-oligarchy , Dec 24, 2015
- His youtube channel; incl several Svetlana Alexievich videos, Vackarchuk, Venediktov, some politicians or notables, et. al.
20.7.2016. Pavel Sheremet was killed when a car he was driving exploded in Kiev. His murder was condemned and called a provocation in Russia and Ukraine. Poroshenko ordered his best experts to conduct investigation and involve FBI. It is said that installing IED under his car was recorded on a security camera, and that the device was targeting the driver.
- 10 May 2017. Ukrainian journalist investigation appeared, further discussed on talk page, claiming that an SBU man was seen near his home on the night of the murder; SBU spokeswoman Elena Gitlianskaya after movie release stated that this person was fired or left SBU (уволен --lit. approx. 'let free', also used for 'fired') on 29 Apr. 2014
- In the beginning, Azov fighter noticed external observation security man posted in archway (наружка, shadowing, 'tail', lit. external (observation) ). Towards the end, Avakov presents new info and is asked whether Sheremet or his partner were under observation, the answer was no.
- They went around searching for camera recordings of the scene. This is normally police or security work.
- We are told that some of security cameras times were wrong and they corrected times by cross-checking. This needs to be looked at, either as an open source or by an official and trusted investigation.
- Shkoda owner was found using an unidentified source with access to such information. Details on Shkoda owner record, including SBU service, was provided to journos by another mysterious knowledgeable unidentified source inside state structures or services (genuine or otherwise).
- Khatia Dekanoidze, police chief at the time, was interviewed in the film but could not recall a Shkoda, and could not answer whether or not owners were interviewed by police, apart from a generic answer, whoever cars were on videos would be interviewed.