From A Closer Look On Syria
- The Wagner Group (Russian: Группа Вагнера, tr. Grupa Vagnera), also known as PMC Wagner, ChVK Wagner, or CHVK Vagner (Russian: ЧВК Вагнера, tr. ChVK Vagner, Russian: Частная Военная Компания Вагнера), is a Russian paramilitary organisation. Some have described it as a private military company (or a private military contracting agency), whose contractors have reportedly taken part in various conflicts, including operations in the Syrian Civil War on the side of the Syrian government as well as, from 2014 until 2015, in the War in Donbass in Ukraine aiding the separatist forces of the self-declared Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republics. Others are of the opinion that ChVK Wagner is really a unit of the Russian Ministry of Defence in disguise, which is used by the Russian government in conflicts where deniability is called for.
- Последний бой «Славянского корпуса» (The last battle of the "Slavic Corps") - Fontanka, November 14, 2013
- Они сражались за Пальмиру (They fought for Palmyra) - Fontanka, March 28, 2016
- They fought for Palmyra… again: Russian mercenaries killed in battle with ISIS -Conflict Intelligence Team, March 22, 2017
- Putin’s Pocket Army? The Rise of Russian Mercenaries in Syria - David Isenberg, The American Conservative, February 15, 2018
- An experimental playground: The footprint of Russian private military companies in Syria - Kiril Avramov and Ruslan Trad, The Defense Post, February 17, 2018
- Online activists identify dozens of Russian Wagner mercenaries - Illia Ponomarenko, Kyiv Post, February 28, 2018
- Special Report: How a secret Russian airlift helps Syria's Assad - Rinat Sagdiev, Maria Tsvetkova, Olena Vasina, Reuters, April 6, 2018
- Reporters traced flights between the Rostov airport and Syria from Jan. 5, 2017, to March 11, 2018. In that time, Cham Wings aircraft made 51 round trips, each time using Airbus A320 jets that can carry up to 180 passengers.
Does "Wagner" exist?
- Actor says he impersonated Russian mercenary in Syria for Sky News report - RT, August 18, 2016
- On the Night Before Christmas Comes the Ghost of Russian Private Armies, by Scott Humor - The Saker, December 17, 2016
- 'List of Russian mercenary losses in Syria grows', by Bellingcat's colleagues Conflict Intelligence Team (Leviev), October 16, 2017
- Anyone who propagates PMCs “Wagner” and “Turan” are enemies, no exception - Scott Humor, December 14, 2017
- “Wagner” Private military company could be a code name for Israel’s black-op - Scott Humor, February 13, 2018
- The SBU Advertises Recruitment for Fake "Russian PMCs" to Entrap the Residents of the LPR - mil-lnr.info via StalkerZone, May 23, 2018
- ...Reports have been received from the citizens of the People's Republic that announcements about the recruitment of allegedly private military companies Wagner, MAP, Ferax and Alliance-SMB agency have appeared on the Internet (some screenshots). In reality, such announcements have nothing to do with real PMCs, but represent attempts by the Ukrainian side to entice LPR residents into the territory under the control of the Armed Forces in order to bring them to criminal responsibility and other reprisals for participating in the construction and protection of the Republic (One such case, Grigory Kazmin lured to and detained in Ukraine, 24 Apr'18, described, more cases alleged). Details on who is responsible provided, allegedly directed by the commander of the united headquarters of the Central Directorate of the SBU in the area of the so-called "OOS" (operation of unified forces), the recent replacement of the ATO (officially announced 16 March'18, some earlier reports on 23 Feb'18).
- Kazmin arrest was covered in Ukrainian mass media, stating that he came to receive bio-metric passport to join a Russian PMC, but it was not said that he was lured by false promises.
- (US airstrike, 7 Feb'18, does not appear to be directly related --Resup (talk) 23:53, 23 May 2018 (UTC))
'They are not there'
- Коротко по Дейр-эз-Зору -Cassad, 12 February, 2018
- officially PMCs are not there. Until the law on PMCs is adopted, it will continue. According to the first version of the law, PMCs were to be subordinate to the RF Ministry of Defense, according to the second version - the FSB. In any case, in this scheme, one of the departments bore at least a formal responsibility and could be expected to take a more distinct position. And so. no one can even clearly explain which agency should be responsible for PMCs and their losses. After all, officially in Russia there are no PMCs. And de facto, there are.
- From Khrustalik summary after interviewing wounded fighter:This was not a PMC in the general sense of the word. People signed a contract with the campaign "Euro policy" and went to civilian specialties, like locksmiths, surveyors, topographers and so on.
"Concord Management And Consulting", LLC
- "Concord Management And Consulting", LLC . General director Utkin Dmitry Valerievich. Founder, Prigozhin Evgeniy Viktorovich. Main activity: restaurants and food delivery services. The number of employees is 101-250 people.
- The company is among those indicted by Mueller.
- Evgeny Prigozhin denies link with PMC Wagner. Individual taxpayer numbers of Utkin Dmitry Valerievich -director of "Concord Management And Consulting" is not the same as such number of Utkin Dmitry Valerievich -commander of a military unit 75143, liquidated in 2014. It is said that 'Fontanka' also claimed a difference of taxpayer numbers of the Concord director and 'Wagner'. (Situation is unclear; a separate Syrian oil exploration company was linked with Prigozhin, with 'Wagner' supposedly to guard those assets; not much is known about a different Utkin, if there is any).