List of MH17 airframe parts
(Redirected from List of MH17 airfame parts)Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page should contain a complete list of major MH17 airframe parts that can be identified in photographs.
The table should contain at least two colums
- Photograph for identification
- Name as given by us. Examples: "tail", "left wingtip", "flight deck" "left side rear door",
- location on airframe
- location on ground
- notes and sources
The table should be split in two.
- undamaged parts
- Parts with shrapnel (or bullet) damage
Only these sections are known to have any visible shrapnel damage.
|Left cockpit panel|
Oval and irregular holes of 20-30 mm diameter, which some described as exit holes but apparently not (see here).
|Assembled left side of the cabin, Ibtimes, October 13, 2015.|
|Angle of attack panel|
Located on the left side of the cockpit, right next to to the blast hole in the area of the worst damage.
Pilot seat source, another photo
Includes centre, and right cockpit panels and front lower fuselage.
Frame of left side windscreen with bullet holes is seen at bottom of photo.
|Cockpit center left window frame|
Round "machine gun" like entry holes of about 15-20 mm diameter.
Part also seen on the left in this photo and at 9 seconds in this video.
|Cockpit roof section|
Location: 8 km west of main crash site
|Smaller cockpit roof section|
|Left side engine pod|
Location: Petropavlivka, 48° 8′ 8.4″ N – 38° 32′ 14.4″ E
Photo: Engine lined up with cockpit windows
|Left side engine cowling|
|Left engine nacelle top|
Inlet cowling piece, with RR logo: 20:35 on the video -compare with RR Trent 800
|Left engine fan blade|
Scratches and tears in a straight line extending to the left side of the cockpit. Have been variously described as caused by rods from a rod warhead or bullets.
|Left wing flap|
Quite high density of holes noted.
Source: Novaia Gazeta, Fig.9
|Location uncertain.Source: Southfront, Nov. 25, 2016|
Not collected parts
Video shows parts not collected by the Dutch, including a door with damage
|Right side of cockpit|
Shrapnel hit fuselage behind bulkhead or flew perpendicular to the fuselage. The upper hole appeared after recovery.
|Cockpit central window frame + lower panel|
Holds windshield vipers. Seen in lower part of this photo.
|Front lower fuselage + landing gear|
Location: connected with flight deck
|Forward fuselage roof|
|Right front door section (Exit R2)|
|Right rear door section (Exit R3)|
|Right tail door section (Exit R4) - should connect directly to tail section. Sits next to -ia section.|
|Left floor panel under Exit L1|
|Left front door section (Exit L1)|
|Left front door section (Exit L2) + roof. Location: Petropolovka|
'Rods' seen here and on the right here,
|Forward left side panel|
Between STA529 and STA655, connects directly to Left front door section (Exit L2).
|Left / right? fuselage side panels|
Fuselage above wing
|Side panel with holes|
Shows secondary damage from colliding with flying debris.
|Left center roof section|
|Roof section STA466|
Extends from STA358 to STA529 – from foremost doors (R1, L1) to front part of passenger compartment
|Front cargo bay floor|
Location: "wooded area more than a kilometre away from the main crash site"
- ↑ Extraordinary’ new clue found: MH17 fuselage part with 'MACHINE-GUN TYPE OF HOLES' – Malaysia Chronicle, 25 July 2014
- MH17 hull parts – Veli-Pekka Kivimäki
- Veli-Pekka Kivimäki on Twitter
- Identifying MH17 parts: nose & flight deck (Section 41) – Veli-Pekka Kivimäki
- Map of a Tragedy: How MH17 Came Apart Over Ukraine – WSJ (List of sections + locator maps)
- MH17 approximative reconstruction by wreckages pictures (v.05, 20 pieces, traces) Unity Web Player
Wreckage displayed in Holland
- Wreckage of the Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 displayed in a hangar at Gilze Rijen airbase, Netherlands - Daily Mail (UK), March 3, 2015 (16 photos)
- MH17 plane reconstructed from fragments of wreckage recovered from crash site in Ukraine [Photos] - David Sim, IB Times, October 13, 2015