Alleged Israeli involvement in Yemen
(Redirected from Israeli involvement in Yemen)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also UAE in the Yemen conflict and Socotra Post UAE-Israel deal
Reports, allegations, speculation
- Decisive Storm fuels Obama-Netanyahu dispute - Al Araby, March 30, 2015
- The « Arab » Common Defence Force - Thierry Meyssan, May 14, 2015
- Israël was the first state to recognîse Somaliland. Currently, this state is no longer recognised by anyone, but since 2010, it acts as an Israeli base to control the Bab el-Mandeb Straits which link the Suez Canal and the Red Sea to the Gulf of Aden and the Indian Ocean.
- The secret projects of Israël and Saudi Arabia - Thierry Meyssan, Voltaire Network, June 27, 2015
- Ansarullah Chief: Israeli Fighters Fly over Hudaydah amid Saudi Push to Seize City - Fars News, June 3, 2018
- Netanyahu Declares Israel’s Readiness to Join Saudi-Led Bloody War on Yemen - Whitney Webb, Mint Press, August 2, 2018
- Mercenaries Leading Assault on Yemen Port City Were Trained by IDF in Israel - Whitney Webb, Mint Press, September 20, 2018
- At Warsaw parley, Israel’s anti-Iran front is stretched to Yemen, Iraq - Debka File, February 14, 2019
- Poland: Israel reveals its military hand in Yemen - Voltaire Network, February 15, 2019
- Yemen’s War Is a Mercenary Heaven. Are Israelis Reaping the Profits? - Zvi Bar'el, Haaretz, February 17, 2019
- Israel adds Yemen to its active combat fronts - Middle East Monitor, January 12, 2021
- IDF on High Alert for Missile Fire From Yemen, Iraq - Israel Radar, January 2, 2021
- IDF receives new spy plane it says will help gather intel in Iran, Yemen, Iraq - Times of Israel, April 4, 2021
Area of confrontation with Iran
- Israel warns Iran of military response if it closed key Red Sea strait - Reuters, August 1, 2018
- IDF spokesperson: Iranian retaliation likely to come from Iraq, Yemen - The Jerusalem Post, December 26, 2020
- Zilberman referred to Iraq and Yemen as Iran’s second circle after Lebanon and Syria, considered the first circle in its proxy conflict with Israel, and said that Israel has been monitoring the situation in both countries closely.
- For Israel, the Iran Threat Extends Far Beyond Nuclear Weapons - Seth J Frantzen, National Interest, February 25, 2021
- Iranian ship used as Revolutionary Guard base near Yemen is attacked 'by Israel' - Daily Mail, April 7, 2021
Al-Hafa base explosion
- Iranian military experts, Hezbollah members killed in Sanaa explosion: report - The New Arab, August 8, 2022
- Noted: the article provides a link for the 'Iranian experts,' which is a year old article on a Hadi government spokesman alleging that a Saudi air strike had killed Iranian officials and officers. Currently, it is not clear that there is any evidence that Iranian 'experts' were present and died at Al-Hafa. The claims made about the incident by Saudi media, which were picked up and repeated by other sources like the JPost below, are not substantiated.
- How is an explosion in Yemen connected to Palestinian Islamic Jihad? - Tzvi Joffre, Jerusalem Post, August 9, 2022
- Military chief says IDF forces struck ‘third country’ during recent Gaza fighting - Emanuel Fabian, Times of Israel, August 18, 2022
- Did Israel attack a Houthi camp in Yemen during the Gaza fighting? - MEE, August 18, 2022
- IDF Chief Kochavi Says Israel Attacked ‘Third Country’ During Operation Breaking Dawn - David Israel, Jewish Press, August 18, 2022
- The IDF has been attacking regularly inside Syrian territory over the past decade, so Syria is the most logical possibility. And since Israel rarely accepts responsibilities for those overnight attacks on Iranian weapons and ammunition depots or convoys headed to Lebanon with new rockets for Hezbollah, Kochavi chose not to name the country this time either.
- IDF Chief of Staff was probably referring to strikes against Hezbollah in Syria rather than IDF targeting installations in Yemen. Despite mutually hostile public statements, neither the NSG or Israelis have claimed this as an Israeli attack.
Engagement with UAE and STC in South Yemen
- UAE-backed STC in Yemen ‘secret friends’ with Israel - Middle East Monitor, June 22, 2020
- With an Eye on Balkanization, Israel throws Support Behind Separatist Militants in Southern Yemen - Ahmed Abdulkareem, Mint Press, August 7, 2020
- UAE ‘occupation forces’ appoint governor on Yemen’s Socotra Island - Middle East Monitor, September 3, 2020
- As early as July, it was also reported by the Yemen Press Agency that a number of Egyptian and Emirati military experts had started to arrive on the island of Mayyun off the western Yemeni coast to arrange for an Israeli military base to be established.
- 'South Yemen would normalise relations with Israel', UAE-backed group says - Middle East Monitor, February 4, 2021
"Normalization" with Saudi Arabia
- Exclusive: Israel’s army chief flew through Saudi airspace on way to Gulf - i24news, July 17, 2022
- IDF to consider letting soldiers fly in Saudi and Omani airspace - Israel National News, August 17, 2022
- An Octopus in the Gate of Tears? - MissedTheBoat, August 5, 2022