Israel Air Strikes in Syria
From A Closer Look On Syria
- Israeli planes strikes a target near Damascus. S 300 shipment to Lebanon is said to be targeted. No casualties were reported. --Resup (talk) 20:02, 7 December 2014 (UTC)
- BBC: Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards have confirmed that a general was killed in a suspected Israeli air strike in the Syrian Golan Heights on Sunday. Mohammad Ali Allah-Dadi was in Syria to advise forces supporting President Bashar al-Assad, a statement said.--Resup (talk) 17:52, 21 January 2015 (UTC)
- Haaretz, Damascus airport hit podrobnosti.ua. "Weapons shipment" to Hamas may be hit, as reported. Syria apparently denied there was a strike.
- Samir Kuntar (Hezbollah) reported killed in an airstrike on a Damascus suburb. Strike by Israel (as an interested party) is presumed in Russian media, however neither Syria nor Israel confirmed that.
- Wikipedia: On May 26, 2008, Israeli sources announced that Samir Kuntar was among those who would be exchanged for the bodies of two reservists, Eldad Regev and Ehud Goldwasser, captured by Hezbollah in the Zar'it-Shtula incident that sparked the 2006 Lebanon War. On June 29, 2008 the Israeli ministers cabinet approved the prisoner exchange between Hezbollah and Israel which would involve the release of Kuntar despite intelligence stating that the two soldiers were almost certainly dead. Kuntar and four other prisoners released as part of the deal were the last of the Lebanese prisoners in Israeli custody. Also part of the deal was the release of the remains of other Lebanese from all other previous wars and, after a suitable interval, dozens of Palestinian prisoners. On July 16, 2008, Hezbollah transferred coffins containing the remains of captured Israeli soldiers Ehud Goldwasser and Eldad Regev, in exchange for Kuntar and four Hezbollah members taken prisoner during the 2006. Lebanon War.
- IDF says Syria fired missiles at its jets, but denies claim aircraft was downed.
- On Monday evening, Syrian fire crossed into the northern Golan Heights as a nationwide ceasefire brokered by the US and Russia came into effect in the embattled country. In response, the Israeli air force attacked cannons belonging to the Syrian regime on the Syrian side of the Golan Heights.
- Video claims to be the moment when Israeli jet was hit by S200 air defense missile (denied). It is also claimed that a drone was downed, with some downed drone photos on social media.
- 7 Sept. 2017
- JPost The alleged Israeli attack hit a scientific research center where chemical weapons are manufactured, according to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights. According to the reports, the attack was launched at 2:30 a.m. on targets located in central Syria, in the area of Hama, and also targeted several weapons convoys that were en route to Hezbollah strongholds in the area. The Syrian army charged later on Thursday morning that Israel killed two of its soldiers during the aerial attack.
- JPost: 'Critical that Russia not be surprised'