Iranian seizure of British tankers
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Saudi seizure of Iranian tanker in May 2019
- Saudi Arabia releases Iranian oil tanker, all crew members - Mehr News Agency, July 20, 2019
- Happiness belonging to the Iranian National Iranian Tanker Company (NITC), which broke down off the coast of Jeddah early in May, have been released by Saudi Arabia after more than two and half months.
British seizure of Grace 1 on July 4
- Gibraltar detains Syria-bound supertanker with Iranian oil - AP, July 4, 2019
- Iran blasts Britain's 'piracy' after Royal Marines detain oil tanker in Gibraltar - The Telegraph, July 5, 2019
- IRGC Commander Calls to Seize a British Ship in Retaliation - Antiwar.com, July 5, 2019
- HIGH ALERT Iran warns Britain to ‘be scared’ after vowing to seize British oil tanker over Gibraltar raid - The Sun, July 6, 2019
- Gibraltar police arrest Iranian tanker’s captain, chief officer - RT, July 11, 2019
- UK Promises to Release Detained Iranian Oil Tanker If Given Assurances It Won’t Go to Syria - Sputnik, July 13, 2019
- Gibraltar changed its sanctions laws to impound Iranian ship - Richard Spencer, The Times, July 22, 2019 (mirror)
- Royal Marines used brute force, says tanker captain - BBC, July 30, 2019
- US Department of Justice Applied to Seize Iranian Grace 1 Tanker in Gibraltar - Reports - Sputnik, August 15, 2019
- Iran oil tanker: Gibraltar orders release of Grace 1 - BBC, August 15, 2019
- US unseals warrant to seize Iranian Grace 1 tanker released in Gibraltar - RT, August 16, 2019
- Panama Withdraws Its Flag From Tanker MT Riah for Intl Regulation Violations - Report - Sputnik, July 21, 2019
- MT Riah tanker detained by Iran was smuggling oil: Panama maritime authority - PressTV, July 22, 2019
- Iran seizes tanker smuggling fuel to Arab states in Persian Gulf - PressTV, August 4, 2019 (another tanker seized)
Alleged seizure attempt on July 10
- OPERATION KIPION , ROYAL NAVY IN THE PERSIAN GULF Aurora Intel July 10, 2019
- Strait of Hormuz: Iranian boats 'tried to intercept British tanker' BBC July 11, 2019
- Charles Schoebridge Twitter
- UK MOD say they will NOT be releasing any imagery from incident in Gulf when @HMS_MONTROSE confronted #Iran IRGC boats . Jonathan Beale Twitter
- Iran's Tanker Harassment Is a Very British Problem Bloomberg July 11, 2019
- Iranian FM Rejects Claims of IRGC's Attempt to Seize British Oil Tanker Fars News Agency July 11, 2019
July 19 seizures
- IRGC-N capture of British oil tanker Stena Impero - Video
- Britain Pirates Iranian Ship 'Grace 1' - Iran Responds - Takes British Tanker Hostage - Moon of Alabama, July 19, 2019
- STENA IMPERO STATEMENT - Stena Bulk, July 19, 2019 - 19.55
- Stena Bulk and Northern Marine Management can confirm that at approximately 1600 BST on 19th July UK registered vessel Stena Impero (built 2018, 49,683 DWT) was approached by unidentified small crafts and a helicopter during transit of the Strait of Hormuz while the vessel was in international waters. We are presently unable to contact the vessel which is now heading north towards Iran.
- Iran 'seizes British-flagged oil tanker' - BBC, July 19, 2019
- Iran 'hijacks' British oil tanker with 23 crew members on board - Daily Mirror, July 19, 2019
- Two British oil tankers ‘seized by Iranian Armed Forces in the Gulf’ - Metro, July 19, 2019
- British foreign minister ‘extremely concerned’ by Iran’s seizure of two tankers in the Strait of Hormuz - CNBC, July 19, 2019
- Hunt 'extremely concerned' as Iran seizes two British-linked oil tankers - The Guardian, July 19, 2019
- Live updates: Iran says it has captured a British oil tanker - CNN, July 19, 2019
- State TV shows Iran's flag hoisted over seized British oil tanker - Daily Mail Online, July 21, 2019
- The shipowner said that there are three Russians aboard a tanker detained by Iran - "TASS", July 19, 2019
- Tass correspondent was informed on Friday by Pat Adamson, the representative of the shipowner - the Swedish company Stena Bulk that three Russian sailors are aboard of the British-flagged tanker "Stena Impero", detained by Iranian authorities in the Strait of Hormuz. The Russian Embassy in Iran checks this information.
- Iran crisis: British oil tanker seized in Strait of Hormuz as UK shipping warned to avoid area in Gulf -The Telegraph, July 20, 2019.
- "There are 23 seafarers onboard of Indian, Russian, Latvian and Filipino nationality," said Erik Hanell, president and chief executive of Stena Bulk. He said there had been no reported injuries.
- 27 July, 2019. Russian consular officers visited 3 Russian sailors, who "so far remain on board of the ship". It is said that they are "in good health", and that there is "a close contact on the issue of the timing of their return" to Russia.
- IRGC spokesman says British tanker escorted by a warship - Mehr News Agency, July 20, 2019
- UK warship tried to prevent Iran from stopping tanker: Revolutionary Guards - Reuters, July 20, 2019
- British Warship Tried to Stop Iran From Seizing UK-Flagged Tanker in Hormuz Strait - IRGC - Sputnik, July 20, 2019
- Iran was able to capture a British oil tanker because it only gave the Royal Navy 1 hour's notice to escort it, rather than 24, former UK Defence Secretary says -Yahoo News, August 1, 2019
- Note: armaments.
- Published by IranGeoMil on Jul 20, 2019
- Pentagon to Escort US Vessels in Persian Gulf After Iran Seizes UK Tanker - Sputnik, July 25, 2019 (mirror)
- British Warship to Escort UK-Flagged Vessels in Strait of Hormuz After Iran's Tanker Seizure - Sputnik, July 25, 2019
- Ukraine's SBU Detains Russian Tanker in Sea of Azov - Sputnik, July 25, 2019
- UK Cannot Use Strait of Hormuz If Iran Has No Access to Gibraltar – President Rouhani - Sputnik, August 6, 2019
- Grey Zone operations and the maritime domain - James Goldrick, Australian Strategic Policy Institute, October 2018 (PDF)
- Iran Keeps Calm While U.S. And Britain Continue Their Provocations Moon of Alabama July 11, 2019
- Iran ‘playing tit-for-tat game’, says US think-tank VP - Channel 4 News, July 19, 2019
- Seizure of the tanker - Russian blogger El-Murid, July 19, 2019
- The logic of the Corps remains the same - the Iranian SS provokes its opponents to use force in conditions when the United States is not eager to use it. Trump's tactics - aggressive negotiations - do not work. In the East, it is not customary to threaten, not supporting the threat by action. Just threats are a sign of weakness. What works with a different mentality is perceived in a completely different way in the East.
- PS It is reported that the team has Russian citizens. It is clear that the Russian Foreign Ministry will carefully, extremely pedantically and, if possible, for a very long time will study this information, but our partners are not the first to wipe their feet on us, so everything is in order.
- US pressure & EU inaction left Iran with ‘very few options’ except to retaliate - RT, July 20, 2019
- Piracy Or War? - Christopher Black
- Khamenei's three commandments for the Iranians: the Middle East is heading towards “maximum danger" - Elijah Magnier, July 20, 2019
- MI6 probe Putin link to tanker trap amid fear ship was lured by Russian spy gear - Mirror Online, July 20, 2019
- How Trump’s arch-hawk lured Britain into a dangerous trap to punish Iran - Simon Tisdall, The Guardian, July 20, 2019
- Hubris Before the Fall - Finian Cunningham, Sputnik, July 20, 2019
- A Tip for Johnson: UK’s Next PM Warned Against ‘Miscalculation’ That May Trigger War With Iran - Sputnik, July 21, 2019
- Iran crisis: what are Britain's options in tanker standoff? - Patrick Wintour, The Guardian, July 21, 2019
- Iran imposes its Rule of Engagement: “An eye for an eye” - Elijah Magnier, July 23, 2019
- Tanker Seizures and the Threat to the Global Economy from Resurgent Imperialism - Craig Murray, July 27, 2019 (mirror)
- The Great Set-Up – Is Washington Postering the UK against Iran? - Catherine Shakdam, New Eastern Outlook, July 28, 2019
- Why did the UK commander of HM Montrose refrain from firing on the IRGC? Who in Iran gave orders to capture the “Stena Impero”? - Elijah J. Magnier, July 31, 2019
- Noted, this version factually differs from Western version of events.
- Whether it Likes It or Not, Europe is Being Pushed and Pulled into America’s Iran Policy - Michael Stephens, War on the Rocks, August 1, 2019