- Беспорядки в Иране — ПРЯМАЯ ТРАНСЛЯЦИЯ. Смотрите и комментируйте с «Русской Весной» - Rusvesna, December 31, 2017 (links 46 minute video).
- В Иране началась жесткая зачистка протестующих (ФОТО, ВИДЕО) - Rusvesna, December 31, 2017
- 10 people have been killed amid nationwide protests in Iran – state TV - RT, January 1, 2017
- “In the events of last night, unfortunately a total of about 10 people were killed in several cities,” state TV said in a package aired on Monday, without elaborating, as cited Reuters.
- “Some armed protesters tried to take over some police stations and military bases but faced serious resistance from security forces.”
- Iran unrest: 'Ten dead' in further protests overnight - BBC, January 1, 2017 (links two videos; more brief videos on BBC twitter, e.g. 1, 2, with significance unclear).
- МОЛНИЯ: Майдан подавлен, по всему Ирану начались аресты участников массовых беспорядков (ВИДЕО) -Rusvesna, 3 January, 2018
- 28 sec video linked, gunfire sounds on video
- "Iranian army commander offers to help police with protests" -Thomson Reuters Foundation News, 4 January, 2018
- ...Iranian Nobel Peace laureate Shirin Ebadi urged people to engage in civil disobedience and press on with their grievances....
- The Saudi-owned pan-Arab daily Asharq Al-Awsat quoted Iran's most famous human rights lawyer as saying Iranians should stay on the street and that the constitution gave them the right to hold demonstrations.
- Authorities have responded to the nationwide anger by staging pro-government rallies in several cities.
- On Thursday, state television showed thousands of marchers in Mashhad carrying posters of Khamenei and banners that read "Death to seditionists".
- Some of Shirin Ebadi past quotes here
- Sherine Ebadi for Middle East: Military spending in Yemen and Syria Spreading poverty in Iran -Ashaq Al-Awsat, 4 January, 2018
- Report: Iranian ex-President Ahmadinejad arrested for inciting unrest -Al Arabiya, 7 January, 2018
- Another news source, Erem News (spelling?) denied arrest report, quoting Ahmadinejad attorney. There is no official confirmation or denial, at this time. -TASS, 7 January, 2018
- Media propaganda and political maneuvering against Iran - shaping lies as realities - Catherine Shakdam, Huffington Post, January 7, 2018
- Verified and False Footage of the Iran Protests - Christiaan Triebert, Bellincat, January 6, 2018
End of protests
- Iran: an end to the protests? - Alexander Mercouris, The Duran, January 4, 2018
- Iranian authorities claim protest wave has ended, whilst information suggests Iran has experienced a riot wave rather than political protests
- Who Killed The Iran Protests? - ZeroHedge, January 8, 2018
- Horror! Iranian Regime Shoots Democracy Protester Dead in the Street (Graphic Video) - Jim Hoft, Gateway Pundit, December 30, 2017
- 2 killed in protests across Iran overnight – local media - RT, December 31, 2017
- WATCH as Iranian official says two dead protesters were killed by foreign agents and not by police - Fort Russ News, December 31, 2017
- Iranissa kaksi kuollut mielenosoituksissa – vallankumouskaarti syyttää asemiehiä (Two dead in protests in Iran - the Revolutionary Guard accuses gunmen) - IltaSanomat, December 31, 2017
- Police officer killed, 3 wounded at hands of 'rioter' during rallies in Iran – state media - RT, January 1, 2018
- Iran disbands terrorist cell seeking unrest, IRNA, January 4, 2018
'An armed terrorist cell, which was assigned to explode and kill innocent people in order to keep the recent unrest going, had infiltrated Iran,' the Ministry said in a statement.
The terrorists in a clash with Iranian security forces in the northwestern city of Piranshahr in west Azarbaijan, killed three forces, according to the statement.
One terrorist was also killed, and some other members of the cell were injured in the clash, said the Ministry.
During the operation, some weapons, including Kalashnikovs, grenades, military uniforms, and instructions to provoke unrest was confiscated, according to the statement.
Three other terrorist cells had previously been identified and dismantled in western Iran, the statement said.
CIA's Iran Mission Center
- See also Michael D'Andrea on Wikipedia
- "C.I.A. Names New Iran Chief in a Sign of Trump's Hard Line" - The New York Times, June 2, 2017
- CIA Creates New Mission Center to Turn Up the Heat on Iran - Wall Street Journal, June 2, 2017
- The Central Intelligence Agency has established an organization focused exclusively on gathering and analyzing intelligence about Iran, reflecting the Trump administration’s decision to make that country a higher priority target for American spies, according to U.S. officials. The Iran Mission Center will bring together analysts, operations personnel and specialists from across the CIA to bring to bear the range of the agency’s capabilities, including covert action.
- US, Israel Sign Secret Deal to Cooperate Against Iran - Jason Ditz, Antiwar.com, December 28, 2017
- France accuses U.S., Israel and Saudi Arabia of trying to spark war with Iran - Newsweek, January 4, 2018
- Russia will pay a "huge price" for backing Iran, says Trump adviser McMaster - Newsweek, January 5, 2018
Consequential Convergence Doctrine
- Iran public prosecutor unveils plots behind street unrests - Islamic Republic News Agency, January 4, 2018
He said that the main mastermind of the plan was an American national named Michael Andrea who was a former CIA member in charge of combatting terrorism that formed the group to create unrest in the Islamic Republic of Iran.
"Michael Andrea along with an officer affiliated to Mossad spy agency where in charge of masterminding the plot while Saudi Arabia paid for all the expenses," he said.
Montazeri said that the plot dubbed as 'Consequential Convergence Doctrine' was designed based on the data gathered throughout years, adding that they conducted various scenarios such as protesting the high cost of living, high pay of bills and financial demands of the retired people.
They had offered two models named Tunisia and Libya and finally chose the latter which was to create waves of unrest from outside to the center, he added.
They had prepared two operation rooms in Ebril of Iraq and Herat in Afghanistan to create riots in Iran, he said.
- Iran prosecutor blames CIA, Israel, Saudi for protests - Al Jazeera, January 4, 2018
- Iranian prosecutor points finger at CIA, Israel and Saudi Arabia for unrest - RT, January 4, 2018
- Iran Envoy to UN: Tehran Has 'Hard Evidence' Protests Incited From Abroad - Sputnik, January 5, 2018
- США намерены созвать специальные заседания ООН из-за протестов в Иране - RIA, January 2, 2018, 21:56 updated 23:02 UTC+3
- У СБ ООН нет планов проведения заседания по Ирану - ТАСС, 3 января, 0:33 UTC+3
- Nikki Haley on Iran: 'We must not be silent' - Daniella Diaz and Laura Koran, CNN, January 2, 2018
- Ambassador Haley Speaks with Press about Priorities for the New Year (video, 10:00 length) - U.S. Department of State, January 2, 2018
- Report: U.S. And Israel Sign Secret Plan To Take On Iran - Ali Nejad, The Iranian, December 28, 2017
- Iran - Early U.S. Support For Rioters Hints At A Larger Plan - Moon of Alabama, December 31, 2017
- Iran protests: Western salivation, agitation & desperation - Ramin Mazaheri. The Saker, December 31, 2017
- What The Hell Is Happening In Iran? - Brandon Turbeville, December 31, 2017
- Protest rally in Iran, natural process of community or conspiracy of others - Gianfranca Kasraei, BBC Persian, January 1, 2017
- US Empire Is Running The Same Script With Iran That It Ran With Libya, Syria - Caitlin Johnstone, January 1, 2018
- Iran - Protests Decrease - Riots Increase - U.S. Prepares The Next Phase - Moon of Alabama, January 2, 2018
- Iranian Protests: Deep State’s Unfinished Business - Tony Cartalucci, New Eastern Outlook, January 3, 2018
- Fox News Pundits Who Cheered On Iraq War Suggest Arming Iranian Protesters - Caitlin Johnstone, January 4, 2018
- Iran Protests: A Few Of the Internal and External Factors - Willy B, Sic Semper Tyrannis, January 4, 2018
- Who is behind the manifestations in Iran and who benefits? - Elijah J. Magnier, translated from Al Rai, January 4, 2018
- Iran 2018 and Syria 2011: Similarities and Differences - Tim Anderson, Global Research, January 15, 2018
- The Media’s Wildly Different Take on Unrest in Tunisia and Iran - Whitney Webb, Mint Press, January 15, 2018