S/1318/2015/Rev.1 Dated: 17 December 2015
NOTE BY THE TECHNICAL SECRETARIAT
REPORT OF THE OPCW FACT-FINDING MISSION IN SYRIA REGARDING THE INCIDENTS DESCRIBED IN COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE DEPUTY MINISTER FOR FOREIGN AFFAIRS AND EXPATRIATES AND HEAD OF THE NATIONAL AUTHORITY OF THE SYRIAN ARAB REPUBLIC
This OPCW document is not available on their site or the UN's site, only through a second-party hosting at the Trench (J.P. Zanders' blog). A copy is now uploaded here too. It relates details of several chemical attacks suffered by Syrian military forces, mostly ten attacks in 2014 and involving chlorine or similar (10 incidents in 4 areas of Damascus between April and September), There is also included at least one case of a sarin attack in February, 2015, with OPCW verification of sarin exposure in four soldiers.
- There's an original S/1318/2015 not available anywhere we've found.
- OPCW technical secretariat documents page, 2015: 1318 does not appear at all, for the original, the revision, or the addendum.
- S/1318/2015 at UNdocs.org: "There is no document matching your request - Pas de reponse a votre demande"
- Revision 1 at UNdocs.org: "There is no document matching your request - Pas de reponse a votre demande"
- There is a nearly useless addendum available: S/1318/2015/Rev.1/Add.1 29 February 2016 at UNdocs.org "This addendum provides information further to “The Report of the OPCW Fact-Finding Mission in Syria Regarding the Incidents Described in Communications from the Deputy Minister for Foreign Affairs and Expatriates and Head of the National Authority of the Syrian Arab Republic” (S/1318/2015/Rev.1, dated 17 December 2015)."
November 2018 update
E-mail to Professor Paul McKeigue, 16 November, 2018:
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. S/1318/2015/Rev.1 can be found here.
As you may have noticed, we have recently updated our website. During this process, it seems this document did not migrate from the old website to the new. This has now been rectified.
Regards, OPCW Public Affairs
- https://www.opcw.org/sites/default/files/documents/2018/11/s-1318-2015r1%28e%29.pdf - the link works and seems to bring up the same revision 1. As for its onetime presence - it wasn't there at this re-posting a year ago (Nov. 2017), which was some time after I learned it couldn't be found except from Zanders. As it seemed, this report was never properly listed, until now. But maybe it was there earlier or has come and gone? --Caustic Logic (talk) 08:58, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||03:05, 20 November 2017||0 × 0 (2.31 MB)||Caustic Logic||S/1318/2015/Rev.1 Dated: 17 December 2015 NOTE BY THE TECHNICAL SECRETARIAT REPORT OF THE OPCW FACT-FINDING MISSION IN SYRIA REGARDING THE INCIDENTS DESCRIBED IN COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE DEPUTY MINISTER FOR FOREIGN AFFAIRS AND EXPATRIATES AND HEAD...|
- You cannot overwrite this file.