Double-tap attack on Maarrat al-Numan market
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Charles Lister @Charles_Lister on Twitter, July 22, 2019
- A terrible day in #Idlib's Marat al-Numan, as 27+ people killed & 100+ wounded in a series of targeted airstrikes that hit a vegetable market this morning.
- Scenes of total carnage.
- Activists who monitor jet take-offs & movements say #Russia was responsible. #Syria
- Idlib ‘double tap’ air strikes: Who’s to blame? - BBC News Arabic, August 31, 2019
Russian and Syrian denials
- Russia Denies Its Planes Carried Out Airstrikes on Rebel-Held Syrian City - Reuters via Moscow Times, July 22, 2019
- Россия отрицает нанесение авиаудара по сирийскому городу Маарат аль-Нуман - Evening Courier (Rus.), July 22, 2019
- "Российские вооруженные силы не выполняли никаких миссий в данном регионе Сирии", сказал министр. ("The Russian armed forces did not carry out any missions in this region of Syria" the minister said.)
- Air strikes kill at least 32 in rebel-held city in Syria, rescuers say -Reuters, July 22, 2019
- Russia’s Ministry of Defence on Monday denied its planes had carried out the latest air strikes, saying they had not flown any missions in Idlib.
- Allegations of Russian involvement were “a fake” pushed by the White Helmets rescue workers, it said in statement.
- Syrian state media reported that several people had been injured by shells fired by rebels near the insurgent enclave.
Russian military Center for Reconciliation of Warring parties in Syria
- Briefing, 22 July, 2019 (10:00) (market attack not mentioned)
- Briefing, 22 July, 2019 (11:00) (market attack not mentioned)
- Briefing, 22 July, 2019 (22:05) (market attack not explicitly mentioned)
- Despite the established regime for the cessation of hostilities, violations by illegal armed groups operating in the territory of the IDLIBS DEESCALATION ZONE continue.
- During the day, militants bombarded the settlements of HUAIS, KAFER YAHUD, KORNAZ, JALAM and MASYAF of the province of HAMA, as well as JUBB-EZ-ZARUR of the province of LATAKIA.
- The Russian Center for the Reconciliation of the warring parties calls on the commanders of illegal armed groups to abandon armed provocations and embark on a peaceful settlement of the situation in areas under their control.
- Ru MOD information bulletin, 23 July, 2019(10:00) (market attack not mentioned)
- Information bulletin, 23 July, 2019 (10:40) (market attack not mentioned)