Coalition airstrike on Haras-al-Din headquarters
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- TAMPA, Fla., Aug. 31, 2019 — “U.S. Forces conducted a strike against al-Qaida in Syria (AQ-S) leadership at a facility north of Idlib, Syria, Aug. 31, 2019. This operation targeted AQ-S leaders responsible for attacks threatening U.S. citizens, our partners, and innocent civilians. Additionally, the removal of this facility will further degrade their ability to conduct future attacks and destabilize the region. Northwest Syria remains a safe haven where AQ-S leaders actively coordinate terrorist activities throughout the region and in the West. With our allies and partners, we will continue to target violent extremists to prevent them from using Syria as a safe haven.”
- – Lt. Col. Earl Brown, CENTCOM Chief of Media Operations. (Statement from U.S. Central Command on U.S. Forces strike against al-Qaida in Syria leadership in Idlib, Syria, Aug. 31, 2019)
- U.S.-led Coalition Strikes Al-Qaeda Headquarters In Idlib, Kills Dozens Of Terrorist (Video) - SouthFront, August 31, 2019
- Pentagon Confirms Carrying Out Strike on al-Qaeda-Linked Terrorists in Idlib, Syria - Sputnik, August 31, 2019
- Dozens of militants killed by coalition strike on Syria's Idlib amid ceasefire - Middle East Eye, August 31, 2019
- Reported US Airstrikes On Idlib Target Meeting Of Top Al-Qaeda Commanders - ZeroHedge, August 31, 2019
- Syria war: US missile strike on 'al-Qaeda leaders' in Idlib - BBC News, August 31, 2019
- Syria's war: US 'targets al-Qaeda leaders' in rebel-held Idlib - Al Jazeera, August 31, 2019
- Numerous casualties and destruction: US carried out airstrikes in Syria - Vesti (Rus.), September 1, 2019
- According to the Russian Ministry of Defense, this strike violates all previous agreements, as Washington did not notify Moscow or Ankara of its intentions. The military department also noted that the US attack threatens the ceasefire in Idlib, and in a number of areas completely destroys it. At the same time, Syrian government troops maintain a moratorium on hostilities, despite what happened.
- US strikes Syria without notifying Russia or Turkey - Rusvesna, September 1, 2019
- Washington, violating all agreements, struck in the de-escalation zone of Idlib in Syria. This is reported by the Center for the Reconciliation of the warring parties (noted, here is the Center for the Reconciliation web page; could not find it there or on the official briefing and news pages at this time --Resup (talk) )
- "However, ignoring all the agreements and the desire of the parties for peace, at 15:00 on August 31, 2019, the United States launched an air strike in the area between the settlements of Maaret Misrin and Kafer Haya in the province of Idlib."
- Riam Dalati @Dalatrm on Twitter
- Footage from scene of #Coalition strike of target near #Kfarya #Idlib. Entire buildings flattened. Narrator said the site was 'guesthouse complex of Ansar Al-Tawhid' (formerly Jund Al-Aqsa)
- (Video shows White Helmets ambulances at destroyed site.) Copy on YouTube
"Rebels' " claims
- "The US bombs an Islamic school in Idlib." - NDT TV, published September 1, 2019 (see also the talk page).
- Some books places on top of the rubble at around 0:19 ...Some destroyed motorcycles and a car buried under rubble, 1:06. Volvo excavator seen working on the site
- Syria - Coordinated Foreign Airstrike Kills Leaders Of Two Al-Qaeda Aligned Groups - Moon of Alabama, August 31, 2019