StateDept & Stratfor
Wikileaks on Facebook September 8, 2015
- The two WikiLeaks documents everyone should read to understand the crisis in Syria:
- Re: INSIGHT - military intervention in Syria, post withdrawal status of forces - Reva Bhalla, 2011-12-07
- "Summary of potential vulnerabilities and possible means to exploit them" - ROEBUCK, end of 2016
- (Linked to section "THE HARIRI INVESTIGATION AND THE TRIBUNAL" - Why the yellow highlight and the bookmark link ("efmBJqBLX") to the section on the Hariri tribunal? The whole cable is about "exploiting vulnerabilities" to destroy or weaken Syria and its "regime". The Hariri murder is no more notable than the other sections. -- Petri Krohn (talk) 10:26, 10 September 2015 (UTC))
- William V. Roebuck was the Political Counselor at the U.S. Embassy in Damascus from 2004 to 2007. Now he is U.S. Ambassador to Bahrain.
Drone video footage
Other video footage
Report and video , said to show vicinity of the town of Al Moadamyeh (Darayya cauldron), near Damascus. Helicopters, apparently Mi-24, are seen. Also tanks (0:58), resembling German 'Leopards'.--Resup (talk) 00:56, 30 January 2016 (UTC)
Foreign Powers Involved
- Agreement on deployment of Russian Airforce was signed in Damascus on 26 Aug., 2015, and submitted to the Russian Duma for ratification on 9 Aug., 2016. Russian air group is deployed for an indefinite period and free of charge at the aerodrome Khmeimim (province of Latakia) -Interfax.
- USA , -Talk
- UK. Report by BBC, 8 Aug, 2016 (?). (advisers/base guards role, a near-border base; not by an agreement with SAR).
- Transfer of weapons to non-moderates investigated by BBC, 17 Dec 2015
- France. RT, 9 Jun, 2016 (?)
- Others, including neighboring countries.