Rav Gaon of Vilna
Medical help to al-Qaeda?
- Israeli medics, Syrian war victims forge unlikely bond - Joshua Mitnick, The Star (Toronto), Jan 10, 2016
- Israel has been providing medical care to Syria’s wounded at the border, even though the countries are long-standing enemies.
There was an interview on lenta.ru by Israeli Charge d'Affairs, who stated that medical help was indeed provided, to those who came to the border and asked for help. He stated that 'we know it was not IS', but that, to the effect, 'we do not know whether it was pro-Government or opposition' --Resup (talk) 18:53, 11 January 2016 (UTC)
...and the war in Iraq
- Israel's Ambassador to Russia (2015-17) Zvi Heifetz interview to Pozner. 7 Novmeber, 2016
- Pozner introduces Iraq war, contorllable situation before the war and country destroyed afterwards, Colin Powell in UN with white powder vial, calls weapons of mass destruction charges false, and asks, how Israel evaluates (without interfering, as told in earlier part of the interview) that war
- Heifetz: there is a wheel and there is a road (meaning, perspectives differ). When the war started, we were the ones who paid the price. Missiles were shot at us. I had a 2 month old daughter, I had to wrap her in plastic, and feed her with milk through it (gesticulates to show), because we were afraid of chemical weapons. Found, not found, I do not know, it is not imp... (does not mat...)
- Pozner, no, it is an important question, Mr. Ambassador !
- Heifetz: ... who did they shoot at? Not Russia, they shot at us. (Tells about Saddam's sponsorship of terror). They shot at us, although we did not have any territorial dispute, no common border, but they found one country in the world to shoot their missiles at ...