From A Closer Look On Syria
- How Britain funds the 'propaganda war' against Isis in Syria, The Guardian, May 3, 2016
- Contractors hired by the Foreign Office but overseen by the Ministry of Defence (MoD) produce videos, photos, military reports, radio broadcasts, print products and social media posts branded with the logos of fighting groups, and effectively run a press office for opposition fighters. [...] Through its Conflict and Stability Fund the government is spending £2.4m on private contractors working from Istanbul to deliver “strategic communications and media operations support to the Syrian moderate armed opposition”. [...] The contract to support the moderate armed opposition was briefly held by Regester Larkin, an international communications consultancy, where it was headed up by a former lieutenant colonel in the British army who had also worked as a strategic communications specialist at the MoD. He set up a company called Innovative Communications & Strategies, or InCoStrat, which took over the contract from November 2014, a Regester Larkin spokeswoman told the Guardian. An InCoStrat spokesman confirmed: “InCoStrat is providing media and communication support to the moderate Syrian opposition to assist Syrians to better convey the reality of war and those involved in it.” Both emphasised the close supervision of the work by the British government. An insider also described “tremendous oversight”, with handlers from the FCO and MoD meeting contractors up to three times a week. “They had the last say in everything,” the source said.
- British video (22 Sep. 2014) shows capabilities in creating fake battle injuries, used in a field hospital set up for training purposes. Rusvesna(26 Nov. 2016) speculates that such technique may be also used for propaganda.
- Twitter and Microsoft will step up efforts to remove extremist content from their websites by creating a common database - Yahoo News, 6 December 2016.
- @realDonaldTrump 'BuzzFeed Runs Unverifiable Trump-Russia Claims' #FakeNews @realDonaldTrump Russia has never tried to use leverage over me. I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA - NO DEALS, NO LOANS, NO NOTHING! , posted on twitter 10-11 Jan. 2017
- Buzzfeed. On brief inspection, bullshit
- For example, it exploits demotion of Ivanov from Russ. Pres. Admin Head to an environmental tzar (while remaining security council member), to portray Ivanon as opposing (nonexistent) conspiracy. However Ivanov demotion has nothing to do with Trump; + Ivanov was clearly happy with the arrangement; + Vaino, who got the job, is Ivanov protege. Role of Peskov is just laughable, he is not much more than a talking head with mustaches and cannot be someone driving anything --Resup (talk) 13:25, 11 January 2017 (UTC)
- Russian opposition 'Echo Moskvy' "the report was composed by a person who calls himself a former member of British intelligence". WTF ??? USA still a British colony? --Resup (talk) 13:25, 11 January 2017 (UTC)
- Did 4Chan Troll The CIA? - Christine Rousselle, townhall.com, Jan 10, 2017
- "Russian tech expert named in Trump report says US intelligence never contacted him" , by Kevin G. Hall and Tim Johnson, McClatchy.com, Jan 11, 2017
- Statement by senator John McCain on recent reports, Jan 11, 2017
- ...delivered to FBI...
- Russian President defended the President-Elect (story by Jen Kirby, Daily Intelligencer, January 17, 2017).
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Fakery (1 C, 7 P, 14 F)
Pages in category "Propaganda"
The following 3 pages are in this category, out of 3 total.
Media in category "Propaganda"
The following 14 files are in this category, out of 14 total.