- The Libya Conspiracy, free eBook by S. Awan, August 2015
- New Hillary Emails Reveal Propaganda, Executions, Coveting Libyan Oil and Gold, Brad Hoff, Levant Report, January 4, 2016
- Five years on, predictions by Gadhafi's son come true, Al Monitor, February 28, 2016
- Petri Krohn talk at international conference "Russia, Ukraine and the World" - 29.07 - 01.08.2016, Moscow, Russia
- Mahdi al-Harati: a Libyan Force Multiplier, Tam Hussein, Syria Comment, September 26, 2017
- "New footage of Gaddafi's capture" - BBC Newsnight, Feb 3, 2016
Here is some previously unbroadcast footage of the moments just after the capture of Libya's Col Gaddafi on 20 October 2011. The images were shot by one of the fighters who was there, Ayman Almani. It features in a report by Gabriel Gatehouse who has been back to Libya to find the men who captured Gaddafi.
- and a report from Libya, Newsnight, Feb. 3, 2016
- "Gaddafi's assassins are killed one by one, while the West is trying to intimidate Assad by scenes of massacre of the Libyan president", Rusvesna, Feb. 6, 2016 (talks about 'Gaddafi curse'...)
- Ahmed Gaddaf Al-Dam, cousin of the President Moammar Gaddafi, gave an interview in Cairo, five years after the Feb. 17 uprising in Libya, Feb. 17, 2016. English transcription under the video. Russian version here. Highly critical of 2011 events. Calls for UN investigation, in particular.
- Gaddafi’s ghost haunts walking-dead King Sarko, Pepe Escobar, Asia Times, March 22, 2018
- The “Colonel Sarko bombshell” exploded on Wednesday evening: he had been placed under formal investigation for passive corruption, illegal campaign financing, and misappropriation of Libyan state funds. Sarkozy spent the whole of Tuesday, from 8am until midnight, answering questions in police custody from crack investigators specialized in corruption, tax evasion and money laundering. He was allowed to sleep at home but had to be back the next morning, up until the early evening. He was finally released on bail. [...] Sarkozy, widely derided by progressives as “King Sarko” during his tenure, is suspected of having financed his 2007 presidential campaign with Gaddafi funds. And the evidence, in this case, does exist. Among other explosive pieces, an official Libyan document, obtained through an investigation conducted by the French website Mediapart, proves Gaddafi handed over no less than 50 million euros to Sarkozy’s campaign.
Benghazi Consulate Attack
The final report from the House Select Committee on Benghazi reveals before-unkown details of the attack and especially the rescue mission afterwards. It was by a secret group called Libyan Military Intelligence, made up of ... Libyan military intelligence, or similar, just in hiding. A police officer told an unnamed CIA agent about them, and put in a call. Soon they were on the scene with a convoy of trucks and rushed the survivors to the airport. Revealed: Americans In Benghazi Rescued By Ex-Qaddafi Generals Ousted By Hillary’s Libya War Aaron Klein, Breitbart News, 29 June, 2016, quoting the report:
- ...Libya Military Intelligence—whom the CIA did not even know existed until the night of the attacks—were comprised of former military officers under the Qaddafi regime who had gone into hiding in fear of being assassinated, and wanted to keep their presence in Benghazi as quiet as possible so as to not attract attention from the militias in control of Benghazi.
- In other words, some of the very individuals the United States had helped remove from power during the Libyan revolution were the only Libyans that came to the assistance of the United States on the night of the Benghazi attacks.
Zero Anthropology tweet of a segement. --Caustic Logic (talk) 06:30, 30 June 2016 (UTC)
ISIS In Libya
- Exclusive: Obama Refuses to Hit ISIS’s Libyan Capital, Daily Beast, Feb.18, 2016
- U.S. Strikes ISIS Camp in Libya, Killing More Than 30, NY Times, Feb. 19, 2016
- American warplanes struck an Islamic State camp in Libya early Friday, targeting a senior Tunisian operative linked to two major terrorist attacks in Tunisia last year. The airstrikes, on a camp outside Sabratha, about 50 miles west of Tripoli, killed at least 30 Islamic State recruits at the site, many of whom were believed to be from Tunisia, according to a Western official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss military operations. Intelligence officials were trying to determine whether the operative, Noureddine Chouchane, had been killed in the strike, the official said.
- It is said that Italian forces are preparing to lead a large operation in Libya- Repubblica.it, March 4, 2016, google translated.
- UN backed Libyan leader reaches Tripoli, skynews.com.au, Mar. 31, 2016
- Support grows for Libya’s new unity government, Gulf News, Apr 2, 2016
- Media reports: self-proclaimed government of national salvation in Tripoli to give up power, RIA, Apr. 5, 2016
- BBC, too.
- Recent Events in Libya: Unaddressed Challenge to International Security, Andrei Akulov, Strategic Culture Foundation, November 23, 2017
Release Newsweek reports, July 7, 2016 Moammar Gaddafi's influential surviving son Seif Al-Islam Al-Gaddafi was released from prison in Libya in April as part of a general amnesty-reconciliation effort. It's noted one of the Libyan governments has a standing death warrant against Seif for his role in alleged crimes during the events of early 2011, and the International Criminal Court also has a standing order to arrest him on similar charges. Nonetheless, his lawyer Karim Khan "said that “it was up to Libyans to decide what is best for peace and reconciliation,” rather than the ICC."
If he ever does face trial, or if he's ever asked to explain the orders to kill 'protesters,' he'd probably say about what he did then: "The guards fired. That's it. The guards were surprised by the attack of the people, and they started firing. They don't need an order to defend themselves and to defend their bases and camps." see here.
According to Richard Galustian several important tribes see him as a potential unifying figure and the news of his release triggered street demonstrations with his image on display in places across the country.
- That piece notes:
- The shambolic UN-backed Government of National Accord (GNA) under a puppet PM who operates out of Tripoli naval base, the only part of the city they control, however appears to be responsible for the amnesty order given in April to Saif and other prisoners removing their death sentences and ordering them to be freed.
- However ... AfricaNews reports
- The leader of a brigade holding the son of the former Libyan leader, Abubakar Seddiq had earlier suggested that Saif al-Islam had benefited from a general amnesty granted by the parliament in Tobruk. But the union government has criticised Seddiq’s comments describing them as irresponsible. The government said the comments gave the impression that anyone who committed crimes under the deposed Gaddafi regime could escape punishment.
- Libya Herald reports the claim is "the Ministry of Justice in Beida issued a pardon," and "Al-Ajmal Al-Atiri, commander of Zintan’s Abubakr Al-Siddiq battalion has insisted that Saif has been freed but refuses to say where he is “for security reasons”." But they already reported "the Zintan municipal council has flatly denied the claim," and now "The Presidency Council said “These charges do not lapse with the passage of time" and "are not subject to general or specific pardons."
- Still, it makes too much sense. Maybe this is a sort of dry run to get people discussing how to get around the legal problems. Maybe some special inquiry that finally shows the supposed crimes are so obviously bunk that all charges should be dropped or, with all due respect, ignored to hell. --Caustic Logic (talk) 07:58, 13 July 2016 (UTC)
Popular Front for the Liberation Of Libya
- Extraordinary Developments in the Struggle for the Liberation of Libya, Libya360, January 22, 2017
Publishes several documents in official English translation concerning the foundation of the Popular Front for the Liberation Of Libya in late December 2016, and its embracing by several key people/tribes/councils in the days and weeks after. Leadership: Saif Al-Islam Gaddafi.
Saif al-Islam "completely free"
June 10, 2017, Sputnik reports that Gaddafi's son Saif al-Islam Gaddafi is now "completely free" according to a statement by the Abu Bakr al-Siddiq militants, and has left Zintan. A search on Libya360 leads to these statements from May 30 by the aforementioned "Popular Front for the Liberation Of Libya" complaining that while Saif was "released" under amnesty law, he was still "detained" in Zintan. So that would explain the contradicting statements from last year. --CE (talk) 21:37, 10 June 2017 (UTC)
- BBC, June 11, 2017
- The Abu Bakr al-Siddiq Battalion said it was acting on a request from the "interim government" based in the east of the country. However, he has been sentenced to death in absentia by a court in Tripoli, in the west of the country, where control is in the hands of the rival, UN-backed Government of National Accord.
- TASS (Rus.), June 11, 2017.
- The General Prosecutor's Office of Libya considers it unlawful to release the son of the leader of the Libyan Jamahiriya Muammar Gaddafi Seif al-Islam, since he is convicted, is subject to arrest and must be brought to trial, according to acting Attorney General Ibrahim Masud (Tripoli-based)... Earlier, military and civilian councils of Zintan (north-west of Libya) condemned their (Brigades?) actions, laying on those who "is an accomplice in this betrayal, legal and moral responsibility." Moreover, the parliamentary committee on defense and national security also criticized, reminding of "the inadmissibility of the release of the functionaries of the previous regime before the making of distinct verdicts or acquittals." It was reported that he (Saif al-Islam Gaddafi) could go to the city of El-Baida, located in the east of Libya. --Resup (talk) 17:54, 11 June 2017 (UTC)
"Return to politics"
- EXCLUSIVE: Muammar Gaddafi's Son 'Returning to Politics' to Save Libya, Sputnik News, October 18, 2017
- Saif al-Islam, who many Libyans regard as the only hope for bringing peace to their country, will rely on ordinary people who are eager to fight against terrorism and stabilize the state, a family lawyer has told Sputnik.
- Gaddafi’s son to stand in next year’s Libyan presidential elections - spokesman, RT, December 17, 2017
- Gaddafi's Son Running for Libya’s Presidency, Sputnik, March 19, 2018
- The news was announced by Ayman Abu Ras, the spokesman for the Libyan Popular Front, at a conference in Tunisia. Saif Al-Islam Gaddafi, son of the late Libyan President Muammar Gaddafi, has been nominated as a candidate for the Libyan presidency in the 2018 elections, Libyan Express reported on Monday. Abu Ras said Saif is striving for national reconciliation as well as aiming to rebuild the war-torn nation.
- In a Free Libyan Election, Gaddafi’s Son Could Win, William Whiteman, TeleSUR, March 22, 2018
Lies from 2011
- Libya's Slave Auctions And African Genocide: What Hillary Knew - November 15, 2017
- Attack on Tripoli -Cassad, April 7, 2019
- The Libyan Address Journal, Facebook, April 7. 2019
- BREAKING The Address | Benghazi - Libya | Several frigates flying US flag evacuate a number of the US nationals and security personnel from Palm_City in Janzour, west of Tripoli this morning.
- Evacuation from Janzur - Cassad, April 9, 2019
- A few more photos of the evacuation of Americans from Janzur (west of Tripoli) emerged. There is a group of armed specialists + BTR LAV-25 of the Marine Corps.
- "LNA blocked Sirte" - Cassad, April 9, 2019
- Haftar declared jihad of Turkey - Cassad, January 4, 2020
- Haftar aircraft launched air strikes on Mitig Airport in Tripoli. Numerous casualties are reported (according to preliminary estimates, more than 20 killed, including 1 to 3 Turkish military). Destroyed the hangar and 2 Turkish strike UAV "Bayraktar". After the strikes, the airport once again stopped receiving aircraft. A couple of days ago it was already hit by MLRS fire. In addition, today, as a result of a strike on military academy of Al-Ada in Tripoli, from 25 to 70 people were killed (mainly cadets aged 18 to 21). Video from the hospital, where the wounded were taken. The drones were provided to Haftar by the Emirates. With the further internationalization of the conflict and the transfer of more modern weapons to the parties, the number of victims and the fierceness of the conflict grows.
- Erdogan's Libya statement: Our soldiers are now entering -CNN Turk, January 5, 2020
- 13 Jan. Haftar leaves Moscow without signing the Libyan ceasefire agreement
- Attacks of Turkish UAVs on "Pantsir'" anti-aircraft missile and gun system- Cassad, May 22, 2020
- Noted, (1) those Pantsirs are apparently provided by Emirates (2) according to Strelkov's comment, apparently based on (filtered) hearsay but not direct/reliable knowledge, Russian PMC's (no longer) take part in active combat in Libya; hardware may be serviced but not guarded. Videos appear to show unguarded or unmanned "Pantsirs", or them moving, possibly in off-duty mode; exact circumstances are not really clear. (3) Russian version got Kamaz truck, export versions said to be on MAN's truck.
- Video: Libya: GNA forces retake strategic al-Watiya airbase south-west of Tripoli - Ruptly, May 19, 2020 A Russian-made Pantsir surface-to-air missile system was also captured, which the GNA announced will shortly be operational.
- Russian Pantsir systems neutralized in Libya - Stephen Byren, Asia Times, May 23, 2020
- Mig-29 in Lybia - Cassad, May 22, 2020
- Taher EL-Sonni, "Ambassador & Permanent Rep. of Libya to the UN - Founder of National Youth Movement," Twitter, May 25, 2020
- Video showing one of many air rescue/evacuation ops. today for Haftar foreign mercenaries, protected by Pantsir air defence sys. in the city of Benwalid after their defeat South #Tripoli , initial reports say they are the Wagner group
- Noted, no evidence provided this has anything to do with Wagner group. A plane is landing, some folks are walking in uncertain direction, and a Pantsir seen at a distance.
- Libyan Mayor of Bani Valid announced the "retreat and departure of PMC Wagner" (the article actually doubts/denies the title claim) - topwar.ru, May 25, 2020
- Russia deploys military fighter aircraft to Libya - US Africa command, May 26, 2020
- US accused Russia of aviation deployment to Libya - Cassad, May 26, 2020.
- Shame on the US Army: “Russian Aerospace Forces fly to Libya to drive out NATO” - what kind of pictures did the Pentagon show? - Rusvesna, May 28, 2020.
- The article casts doubts on whether number and type of Russian planes are known + accurately reflected in the US press release accompanied by photos (above). Noted, plural of aircraft is aircraft; "aircraft are ..." phrase is used in the release, so many planes are claimed. Apparently one is shown on the ground in Libya, while locations and circumstances of additional planes is not established merely by the extra photos provided. Types of planes are not specified in the text of the announcement.
- Khaftar lost Tripoli airport - Cassad, June 3, 2020
- "The assault on Tripoli ended" - Cassad, June 4, 2020
- Road of Khaftar's retreat - Cassad, June 5, 2020
- The assault on Sirte began - Cassad, June 6, 2020
- "The GNS forces of Libya and Turkey entered Sirte, and also captured the Gardabia airfield south of the city. According to a number of reports, Haftar’s troops are retreating from Sirte to the east. Photos of abandoned military equipment are published again. However, by 18.30 fighting in the city is still ongoing. LNA is actively using assault drones and aircraft. A large convoy of Syrian militants and Libyan GNS forces advanced to the Al-Jufra airbase. The question is still where the flight will stop. Haftar’s ability to keep Sirte is in serious doubt. Since 2011, Sirte has been stormed several times. Twice during the NATO aggression against Libya. Later, the city was captured by ISIS militants, who were then beaten off during a long assault. Not so long ago, Sirte was captured by Haftar and now he can again change the owner."
- LNA counter-attack under Sirte - Cassad, June 6, 2020
- Intrigue in Libya has resumed. After several days of shameful retreat, the LNA finally gathered strength and launched a counterattack, knocking out the Turks and GNS from Sirte, forcing them to retreat from the city. A very intensive work of Chinese drones delivered by the UAE (6 machines operated simultaneously) and aircraft, including the MiG-29 and Su-24, is noted. Turkish F-16s also hit Sirte. There are unconfirmed reports of missile launches from Turkish frigates along Sirte. Turkish sources say that after suffering losses in the city itself (about 20-30 killed), GNS troops and Turkish militants were forced to withdraw from the city 20-30 kilometers to the west. The LNA is transferring additional forces from Benghazi to Sirte.
- LNA-backing Egypt is said to send 18 M1A2 Abrams tanks and helicopters - Babak Taghvaee, upnewsinfo, Cassad, June 7, 2020.
- Erik Prince offered lethal services to sanctioned Russian mercenary firm Wagner - The Intercept, April 13, 2020
- "Prince, who is the brother of Trump Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, met earlier this year with a top official of Russia’s Wagner Group and offered his mercenary forces to support the firm’s operations in Libya and Mozambique, according to two people familiar with Prince’s offer."
- Wagner officials said they are not interested in working with Prince, three people familiar with their decision told The Intercept.
- Mueller Report v. 1 p. 154 (2019)
- At the second meeting, Prince told Dmitriev that the United States could not accept any Russian involvement in Libya because it would make the situation there much worse
Pages in category "Libya"
The following 4 pages are in this category, out of 4 total.
Media in category "Libya"
The following 23 files are in this category, out of 23 total.
- Al-Ghariani Belhadj al-Saadi 2004.jpg 1,200 × 807; 377 KB
- Assad Files 2-2-2012.jpg 868 × 1,038; 187 KB
- Benghazi US embassy attack chart.jpeg 1,280 × 720; 124 KB
- Benjamin Efraim arrested in Libya.jpg 552 × 531; 35 KB
- Dead refugee girl on Mediterranean beach.jpg 640 × 480; 25 KB
- Fetus with Misrata magic bullet - full.png 506 × 901; 300 KB
- Lars Bromley profile.jpg 200 × 220; 43 KB
- Libya GNA organization chart.jpeg 1,746 × 1,135; 179 KB
- Libya map 7 January 2020.jpg 1,024 × 982; 68 KB
- Libya rebel groups.jpeg 1,280 × 720; 112 KB
- LIFG connections.jpg 708 × 720; 40 KB
- Manchester and London terrorists linked to Libya and Qatar.jpg 1,334 × 834; 241 KB
- Overambitious ratmobilists.jpg 547 × 282; 28 KB
- Qatar-Embassy-Tripoli-1800-Mercenaries-Document.jpg 870 × 610; 119 KB
- Ratmobile on steroids.jpg 960 × 540; 75 KB
- RSB group.jpg 945 × 708; 125 KB
- Sisi Putin Merkel Macron in Berlin.jpeg 2,000 × 1,428; 347 KB
- Situation in Libya.png 2,048 × 1,904; 1.28 MB
- Tripoli 7 April 2019.jpg 1,600 × 799; 205 KB
- US special forces in Libya.jpg 960 × 540; 106 KB
- Who controls Libya end of March 2019.jpg 1,028 × 541; 138 KB
- X-ray girl boy comp.jpg 443 × 223; 49 KB
- X-ray kid.jpg 377 × 412; 73 KB