Attempted military coup in Turkey, July 15, 2016
Turkey on the ropes?
- Turkey on the Ropes - The Saker, July 2, 2016
- THE COUP D’ÉTAT WAS AGAINST KEMALISTS - Mehmet Perinçek, Defend Democracy Press, July 22, 2016
- Turkey Says FBI and CIA Behind Failed Coup, Gulen 'Only a Pawn' - Sputnik, July 31, 2016
- False NBC Report That Erdogan Fled Coup Leads Turkish Media to Suspect CIA Plot - Sputnik, August 6, 2016
- Erdoğan: Gülen is behind problems in Syria and Iraq - Turkish Minute, August 31, 2016
- Military coup was well planned and very nearly succeeded, say Turkish officials - Kareem Shaheen, The Guardian, July 18, 2016
- The top counter-terrorism official responsible for Turkey’s campaign against Islamic State did go to a “meeting” at the presidential palace in Ankara. He was later found with his hands tied behind his back, shot in the neck, according to a senior official.
- “We’ve shot four people. Everything’s fine.” The Turkish Coup through the Eyes of its Plotters - Christiaan Triebert, Bellingcat, July 24, 2016
- At height of Turkish coup bid, rebel jets had Erdogan's plane in their sights - Reuters, July 18, 2016
- Exclusive: all the details about the air ops and aerial battle over Turkey during the military coup to depose Erdogan - The Aviationist, July 18, 2016
- Turkey Coup: President Arrives in Istanbul After Military Group Tries to Seize Power - Associated Press, July 16, 2016
How it failed
- Turkey grows up - Daily Sabah, July 18, 2016
- We watched with joy as the people took the city, the country back. My favorite headline of all time will be: "The people have liberated TRT." The people went in and forced the soldiers to leave the television station. Unarmed people forced soldiers out and liberated the state television station.
- Military Coup Defeated By The People - Gilad Atzmon, July 16, 2016
- Failed Turkish Coup: Sabotage, Incompetence or Deception? - Federico Pieraccini, Global Research, July 23, 2016
Russia warned Erdogan?
- Erdogan Warned of Incoming Coup by Russian Alert - Fars News, July 20, 2016
- Several Arab media outlets, including Rai Alyoum, quoted diplomatic sources in Ankara as saying that Turkey's National Intelligence Organization, known locally as the MIT, received intel from its Russian counterpart that warned of an impending coup in the Muslim state.
- The unnamed diplomats said the Russian army in the region had intercepted highly sensitive army exchanges and encoded radio messages showing that the Turkish army was readying to stage a coup against the administration in Ankara. The exchanges included dispatch of several army choppers to President Erdogan's resort hotel to arrest or kill the president.
- The diplomats were not sure of the Russian station that had intercepted the exchanges, but said the Russian army intelligence unit deployed in Khmeimim (also called Hmeimim) in Syria's Northern province of Lattakia is reportedly equipped with state-of-the-art electronic and eavesdropping systems to gather highly sensitive information for the Russian squadrons that are on an anti-terrorism mission in Syria.
- Russia Warned Erdogan of Incoming Coup - Sergey Gladysh, The Duran, July 21, 2016
- It is believed that officers at the Russian Hmeimim Air Base in northern Syria, which houses modern intercept systems, were able to capture and analyze encrypted radio messages, revealing the plans of the Turkish military to topple the government and capture or kill President Erdogan.
- Why Reports of the Russian Tip Off to Erdogan May Be True - Alexander Mercouris, The Duran, July 21, 2016
- Why Russia Revealed Coup Plans to Erdogan - Nikolai Starikov, via Russia Insider, (original in Russian), July 21, 2016
- Alexander Mercouris: Turkish Foreign Minister Thanks Russia for its Support - Alexander Mercouris, The Duran, July 25, 2016
- Russia Should Hang Her Head in Shame for Betraying Anti-Erdogan Conspirators! - Eduard Limonov, via Russia Insider, (original in Russian), July 22, 2016
- Russian Role In Thwarting Turkey’s Coup - Mahir Zeynalov, Huffington Post, November 5, 2016
- Erdogan’s Purges are a Godsend for Syria - Andrew Korybko, The Duran, July 22, 2016,
- Turkey coup: Who was behind Turkey coup attempt? - Ezgi Basaran, BBC News, July 16, 2016
- BBC list theories on who was behind the coup, but fails to even mention the most obvious: the U.S.
- Why The Failed Turkish Coup Attempt Wasn't A 'False Flag' Power Grab By Erdogan - Andrew Korybko,GEOPOLITICA.RU', July 2016
- Never before in history has the US been cut off from its own nuclear weapons, which is Essentially what's happened with the no-fly zone and power shutoff to Incirlik."
- Behind The CIA Desperate Turkey Coup Attempt - F. William Engdahl, Oriental Review, July 18, 2016
- There’s more to Turkey’s failed coup than meets the eye - M. K. Bhadrakumar, Oriental Review, July 19, 2016
- Turkey’s failed coup throws up surprises - M. K. Bhadrakumar, Indian Punchline, July 21, 2016
- The Sultan of (Emergency) Swing - Pepe Escobar, Strategic Culture Foundation, July 23, 2016
- The 40-Year Story of a 4-Hour Intelligence Failure - Yıldıray Oğur, The Kebab and Camel, September 2016
- The coupists had an appointment list according to which the police are making arrests. All positions in non-political civil establishments from the Merkez Bankası (the Central Bank) to TRT (the state-owned media network) and the army were going to be filled according to the names on this list. The list contains over 400 names ranging from generals/admirals to majors.
- Reassessing The Reasons For The Failed Turkish Coup Attempt - Andrew Korybko, Oriental Review, October 21, 2016