Army of Islam
The Liwa al-Islam YouTube channel broadcast video of the swearing-in ceremony. The meeting was held in some huge industrial hall with some 100 delegates present. The Army of Islam banner follows the design of the Liwa al Islam banner. The coalition shares its name with a Gaza-based US-designated terrorist organization.
- بيان تشكيل جيش الاسلام (Statement of the formation of the Army of Islam) 4m13s x 2
- 43فصيل عسكري يقدمون البيعة للقائد الشيخ زهران علوش قائدا لجيش الاسلام (providing military faction allegiance to the leader Sheikh Zahran Alwash commander of the Army of Islam) 13m23s x 2
- كلمة أهل الحل والعقد في تشكيل جيش الإسلام (Word of the people of the solution and the contract in the formation of the Army of Islam) 17m18s x 2
On November 22, 2013, the Army of Islam merged with a number of other relevant fighting groups and formed the Islamic Front with Zahran Alloush as its "Military Commander".
10.11.2015 Zahran Alloush is reported killed; video appears to show the funeral (25.12.2015: video is no longer available; no definite information on the November incident, either)
- Army of Islam Officially Announced in Syria – Israel National News, 9/29/2013
- ‘Army of Islam’ Coalition Established in Syria – Dalit Halevy, Maayana Miskin, Israel National News, 9/29/2013
- Forty-three Islamist groups unite to create Army of Islam as battle for Syria continues
- The Army of Islam: Saudi Arabia’s Greatest Export – Phil Greaves, October 5, 2013,
- Leader of Largest Rebel Group in Syria: Let's Bring Back Omayyad Caliphate & Crush the Magi's Heads, Zahran Alloush in his own words, English subtitles by Eretz Zen, uploaded October 2, 2013
- The Army of Islam Is Winning in Syria – And that's not necessarily a bad thing – Hassan Hassan, Foreign Policy, October 6, 2013
- Zahran Alloush: His Ideology and Beliefs, Joshua Landis, December 15, 2013
- Лидер Армии Ислама ликвидирован в одном из бункеров ИГИЛ (The commander of the Army of Islam eliminated in one of the ISIL bunkers) - October 2, 2015
) Translated: Zahran Alloush was eliminated together with a number of ISIL leaders in their bunker in the area Maarrat al-nu'man, Idlib province.... Yesterday, 1 October, Syrian group Jaish al-Islam (Army of Islam), which is funded by Saudi Arabia declared war on Russia for its support of President Bashar al-Assad. ... apparently the leader of the group went on a visit to the brothers of the ISIS, where it was destroyed by a Russian rocket." No English sources seem to support or refute this claim.
- Media report: "Jaish al-Islam" group has chosen a new commander after the liquidation of the former one, TASS (Rus.), quoting Al Mayadeen, Dec 25, 2015. His name (in a transliteration from a Russian report) is Abu Himam Buyadan.
SyrianGirl on Facebook:
- Syria: More than 40 insurgent groups the most significant of which being Liwa Al islam in Syria merge to form "Islamic Army". This came after 13 militant groups including many core "FSA" joined with Jabhat al Nusra to rejected the SNC "Syrian National Coalition" puppet regime in Turkey and formed an "Islamic unity under Sharia law" a day ago. US puppet regime has virtually lost all influence over the insurgency.